Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on April 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'd like to hear what you guys would want to see in the queue or extra theming that could add to the ride experience.

I think the movie poster idea is cool. I'd want to buy a Maxx Force movie poster in a shop if they sold some as merchandise. They would get a lot of money with those!

The movie poster idea is definitely a good idea. Also some info on F1 racing cars throughout the queue would be cool too. Like how in Top Thrill Dragster queue, signs around you compare the ride stats to actual dragsters.

Of course a replica F1 car in the queue would be nice too, but it seems very far fetched for Six Flags to do that...
jmanporty7

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 22nd, 2019, 7:56 pm
My guess is a polished metal and mirrored sign for Maxx Force, a marquis for the posters, and some interesting theming.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on April 22nd, 2019, 10:13 pm
Thanks, I think It’s a great idea too! Lol it’s just a nice little nod to pictorium in a subtle way but I could See it not fitting too well depending on what they go with. Also - the big blue steel entry way is still up on the exit side of SkyTrek right? Could they mirror that on the entrance?
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 22nd, 2019, 11:06 pm
I really don't care what they do, but I think Maxx could be a great ride with some type of purpose instead of just being a ride that launches really fast. How about Maxx is touring all over North America and we're experiencing one of his races and are going on that journey. They had something going on in those teasers that I think could be incorporated into the ride.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby cliffhanger on April 23rd, 2019, 9:03 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I think Maxx could be a great ride with some type of purpose instead of just being a ride that launches really fast.

While I kind of doubt they will do that, you never really know. They did an excellent job themeing X-Flight
cliffhanger

Postby gottastrata33 on April 23rd, 2019, 12:41 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I really don't care what they do, but I think Maxx could be a great ride with some type of purpose instead of just being a ride that launches really fast. How about Maxx is touring all over North America and we're experiencing one of his races and are going on that journey. They had something going on in those teasers that I think could be incorporated into the ride.

& its some twisted challenging course they win? Yeah that’d be pretty awesome to be honest. What Id love more if there are videos of that show Maxx with a helmet racing this course & everyone’s assuming, Maxx as a he & then at the end they take off the helmet & long lush hair whips out!

haha no I am Not drunk. It’s only noon thirty you guys jeez. ;)
gottastrata33

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 23rd, 2019, 1:38 pm
:lol: Yeah maybe a bit too much creativity right there.

Although it would be nice that it were heavily themed I think it won't happen. All I hope for is for there to be some props or signs up in the queue.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 23rd, 2019, 3:23 pm
Things like X-Flight's station spiel make me happy. They could have just given the ride a generic welcome and boarding instruction speech. I think X-Flight is the best themed ride at the park that isn't themed to the D.C. universe.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on April 23rd, 2019, 6:30 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Things like X-Flight's station spiel make me happy. They could have just given the ride a generic welcome and boarding instruction speech. I think X-Flight is the best themed ride at the park that isn't themed to the D.C. universe.

Viper and Giant Drop have very elaborate queues/stations as well. And Space Shuttle America when that was still here.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Chirojon on April 23rd, 2019, 6:52 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Things like X-Flight's station spiel make me happy. They could have just given the ride a generic welcome and boarding instruction speech. I think X-Flight is the best themed ride at the park that isn't themed to the D.C. universe.

Viper and Giant Drop have very elaborate queues/stations as well. And Space Shuttle America when that was still here.

Agreed. I've always loved Viper's theming. The little details inside the station and those 'old barn rooms' when you walk by.
Chirojon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 23rd, 2019, 6:56 pm
Oh I didn't even think of Viper! Yes, I actually really like it's theming. I pray Maxx has *some* theming.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on April 24th, 2019, 4:36 pm
So I’ve been told this will be our first fully sponsored ride. The ride is sadly going to be themed to Sprint for the fastest mobile service in the US. The sprint experience store will be moving from yankee harbor to carousel plaza.....Trains are now gonna be yellow. :( this is stupid. What’s funny though is I’m totally kidding & hope it has *some* theming as well.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterkidd100 on April 24th, 2019, 6:02 pm
^ For a second you had me freaking out real bad. It honestly seemed like something that our park would do or something that Six Flags would do for extra money from advertising. I was about to lose it.
coasterkidd100

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 24th, 2019, 6:04 pm
They're also renaming it Sprint: The Ride. Instead of "Thank you for riding Sprint: The Ride", they say "Thank you for switching to Sprint."
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on April 24th, 2019, 6:41 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:So I’ve been told this will be our first fully sponsored ride. The ride is sadly going to be themed to Sprint for the fastest mobile service in the US. The sprint experience store will be moving from yankee harbor to carousel plaza.....Trains are now gonna be yellow. :( this is stupid. What’s funny though is I’m totally kidding & hope it has *some* theming as well.

You do realize April Fools doesn't last the whole month right? :P
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby gottastrata33 on April 24th, 2019, 7:36 pm
Oh yes! Happy April Fools Day 24! glad I got Someone buttt not one aspect of this as of right now is true & better never hold truth. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 24th, 2019, 9:14 pm
Imagine how the on-ride audio would be. "Sprint will now prepare to launch you at the fastest network of 4g lte's.

Jokes aside, although I see that happening :lol: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 25th, 2019, 8:02 am
At least the name of the ride IS original and not DC related :) It could easily have been:
Flash: The Ride
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 25th, 2019, 3:19 pm
I don't mind the D.C. rides because you get some type of theming with it. With Maxx Force I'm just scared we'll get a Full Throttle theme and queue.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby LordMagnus101 on April 25th, 2019, 3:46 pm
A racing theme for a launch coaster is not exactly unique anyhow.

I wonder if Maxx Force is something the chain can sorta clone. Its a simple layout with a relatively small footprint. That would be the real bummer.
LordMagnus101

Postby coasterkidd100 on April 25th, 2019, 4:27 pm
I can't see the chain really cloning Maxx Force. They never cloned Goliath and that has a simple and small layout too if you think about it. Yes it would probably cost less to clone Maxx Force but I really don't see the chain doing something like that. Maxx Force is something that is supposed to be unique to our park so putting it everywhere else wouldn't make it so unique anymore.
coasterkidd100

Postby JackGlass on April 25th, 2019, 4:48 pm
If it wasn't for Joker, every coaster installed at Great America under Jim Reid Anderson has been custom. X-Flight, Goliath, Maxx Force and so far none of them have been cloned like Batman the Ride was.
JackGlass

Postby CoasterNick3157 on April 25th, 2019, 7:41 pm
I really though those wing coasters would be installed in more of the six flags park.
CoasterNick3157

Postby JackGlass on April 25th, 2019, 8:13 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:I really though those wing coasters would be installed in more of the six flags park.

I thought for sure Great Adventure was going to get a custom wing rider after they demolished Rolling Thunder, but instead they got a super loop and a really long line for a drop tower.

I'm just thankful we ended up getting X-Flight instead of Chang.
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 25th, 2019, 8:31 pm
I'm so happy we have gotten two (now three) custom coasters meant for our park in the recent years. I hope the new CEO keeps treating us well.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum