Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on July 24th, 2019, 8:15 pm
About a 45 minute wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UnclePennybags

Postby Sven18 on July 25th, 2019, 7:53 am
UnclePennybags wrote:
UnclePennybags wrote:Was over by Monsoon Lagoon for hours. Noticed Maxx was booming infrequently. Sometimes I’d see it with people, sometimes without. It sounded like it was down much of the afternoon.

Since about 6:00, Maxx has been booming a lot. About once every 3 to 5 minutes.

The capacity is pure garbage...very 3 mins means 320pph..5mins means 192pph
Sven18

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 25th, 2019, 9:55 am
^I wouldn’t say that, the line was moving pretty quickly in my opinion yesterday.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby cliffhanger on July 25th, 2019, 10:06 am
Any updates on the station/themeing/shade covering? Im actually surprised they added the fins on the roof.
cliffhanger

Postby UnclePennybags on July 25th, 2019, 8:15 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I wouldn’t say that, the line was moving pretty quickly in my opinion yesterday

Yeah, I noticed that the ride ops were on fire last night. People were getting seated and secured at a rapid pace. I was impressed.
UnclePennybags

Postby UnclePennybags on July 25th, 2019, 8:20 pm
cliffhanger wrote:Any updates on the station/themeing/shade covering? Im actually surprised they added the fins on the roof.

Since last week:

1) It looks like the top of the station might be finished. The inside looks about the same. I didn't notice any changes to the station since last week Wednesday.

2) All switchbacks seem to be finished. No shade covering yet.

3) I didn't see any additional theming.
UnclePennybags

Postby Airboss on July 26th, 2019, 1:27 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I wouldn’t say that, the line was moving pretty quickly in my opinion yesterday

Yeah, I noticed that the ride ops were on fire last night. People were getting seated and secured at a rapid pace. I was impressed.

Can confirm. The ride ops on Wednesday evening / night were QUICK. They had all the restraints checked before the other train was back! I was timing it, they were sending trains out every 90 seconds or less. Absolutely amazing. They had two supes checking restraints, I'm guessing that's why it was so quick. Line was moving so fast when they were working!

cliffhanger wrote:Any updates on the station/themeing/shade covering? Im actually surprised they added the fins on the roof.

Echo the above post, I just want to add that although the shade isn't up just yet, the structure for the shade is up. They're definitely working on it.
Airboss

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 28th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Maxx was down most of the afternoon today. It opened back up around 6 and has been running consistently since.

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on July 28th, 2019, 11:35 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Maxx was down most of the afternoon today. It opened back up around 6 and has been running consistently since.

It was? Felt like I heard it all day. Hmm. Park was packed today. We rode around 7/730 & I finally got the front. The ride ops were amazing tonight, talked to them about workin at CP & how this ride operates in comparison to TTD/being a ride op in general. Front row was def significantly better than my others rides. & during sunset it was perfect. Everyone i was with today has never been here until today so it made the experiences much better.
gottastrata33

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 28th, 2019, 11:38 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Maxx was down most of the afternoon today. It opened back up around 6 and has been running consistently since.

It was? Felt like I heard it all day. Hmm. Park was packed today. We rode around 7/730 & I finally got the front. The ride ops were amazing tonight, talked to them about workin at CP & how this ride operates in comparison to TTD/being a ride op in general. Front row was def significantly better than my others rides. & during sunset it was perfect. Everyone i was with today has never been here until today so it made the experiences much better.

Ya they were testing it throughout the afternoon with a few trains of people but I don’t really know.

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 28th, 2019, 11:39 pm
Edit: it tested throughout the afternoon and sent a few trains of people just to make it clear.

ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on July 29th, 2019, 6:22 pm
Also I’m really proud of these shots I got last night. ImageImage

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on July 29th, 2019, 7:01 pm
You should post those to the rollercoaster sub on reddit. They will give a lot of karma

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on July 29th, 2019, 7:27 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:You should post those to the rollercoaster sub on reddit. They will give a lot of karma

Is that good? Haha I dont use reddit

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on July 29th, 2019, 7:47 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:You should post those to the rollercoaster sub on reddit. They will give a lot of karma

Is that good? Haha I dont use reddit

It's a good thing. The pictures are amazing.

IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on July 30th, 2019, 3:50 am
Well thank you!
gottastrata33

Postby chicagolandcoasters on July 30th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Maxxforce now has weird things on the side of the station. Supports for the shade covering are up too

Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby SiliconMessiah on July 30th, 2019, 6:19 pm
chicagolandcoasters wrote:Image

Maxxforce now has weird things on the side of the station. Supports for the shade covering are up too

Slowly but surely it begins to look better.

SiliconMessiah

Postby gottastrata33 on July 30th, 2019, 10:52 pm
This makes me so happy.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on July 30th, 2019, 10:57 pm
Can someone get rid of that bot from our forums?

IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 30th, 2019, 11:33 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Can someone get rid of that bot from our forums?

I’ve already taken care of the issue
I talked with a moderator and notified them

B&MGuy35

Postby JT2002 on July 31st, 2019, 7:03 pm
I've never noticed the sign for the exit gift shop "Victory Lane", It's pretty cool too if you see it. I don't know if it's new or not
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SiliconMessiah on July 31st, 2019, 7:07 pm
I just saw two commercial breaks in a row during the Cubs game with MaxxForce commercials. They were pretty cheesy and of course made the inaccurate claim that it’s the fastest launch in the world (instead of quickest acceleration). Still, glad to see it on Tv looking good.

SiliconMessiah

Postby ChiefBeef234 on August 4th, 2019, 8:15 am
As much as you guys like to bash on Six Flags, the other S&S put up this year at Kennywood, Steel Curtain, has been having operational issues as well, including being closed for entire weekends at a time. And the technical side of their ride is way less complicated then Maxx is. If Maxx goes down it's been fixed pretty swiftly and if it does go down for the rest of the day it's been up the next day.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... oser=false

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby Tardis1972 on August 7th, 2019, 9:18 am
So I got a question to ask. Why is it we can’t really hear the boom when riding Maxx Force? I noticed on all my rides on it I really couldn’t hear it.
Tardis1972

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum