Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on June 14th, 2019, 4:48 pm
SycoCoasterDad wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:I feel like the S&S Screamin Swing is a bad example to use. I would say the launch tower is a better example. I did ride Powder Keg, and I can't remember if I heard a loud bang or not. I did not hear it on Silver Dollar City's screamin swing though. But again, I think it's not agood example.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Been on S&S launch/drop towers as well. This all sound like a rush and fast push of air. This was an “explosion”. Like those fireworks that just make a big boom but no color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if we're hearing that loud bang now because they are starting to push the launch system to the Maxx. Heh heh heh

IssaCoaster

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 14th, 2019, 6:50 pm
Yea, I'm thinking the boom sound is the launch dog slamming into the end of the launch taxi at 78 mph. unless it's a different "canon" sound than what we've been hearing. Any testing since?
AirTimeDaz

Postby JaminOut on June 14th, 2019, 7:18 pm
No testing since. The train is in the storage shed.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 14th, 2019, 7:25 pm
Can they send the catch car without the train attached? Possibly to store it for the night? Or is it stored in the ready position?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on June 14th, 2019, 7:37 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:I feel like the S&S Screamin Swing is a bad example to use. I would say the launch towers or coasters are better examples. I did ride Powder Keg, and I can't remember if I heard a loud bang or not. I did not hear it on Silver Dollar City's screamin swing though. But again, I don't think it's a good example.

Lol well it’s very similar technology & Skyhawk is loud. But I did Mention the drop towers in there sooo my example is fine.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on June 14th, 2019, 10:57 pm
I was at the park today and can confirm that MaxxForce tested at least twice. I didn't see it test more than the two times but wasn't watching it every second. I was lucky enough to be in Viper's line when it was testing so I got some pretty cool photos which I will share.

Most of the work they were doing was on the station. The tests were around 4pm. It made the alarm sound and then the train launched shortly after. It didn't appear to be at full speed (if that's full speed then it looked slow because it slows down considerable at the top of dog tongue.

It also appears they are only working 9-5. I went over to the MaxxForce area around 6pm and all the construction crews were gone and train was in storage shed. At this pace, it's still easily July before it opens. There's still a lot of work to be done from the looks of it and if they are only testing 1-2 times per day (and have to test the second train at somepoint), then we are still some ways away. Again, just my opinion based on what I am seeing. In the one attached photo, the MaxxForce sign in the old Carousel Gifts is where the part of the store where the ride will exit into.

As soon as I can find a way to shrink the size of the file, I will upload them
coasterfanatic

Postby Tardis1972 on June 14th, 2019, 11:18 pm
^ I was also lucky enough to see Maxx Force test run pretty early in the day only I saw it from STT so I got a perfect view of it. I know there at least one other test run in the early part of the day.
Tardis1972

Postby redrobinround on June 14th, 2019, 11:54 pm
did the boom sound like this?

https://t.co/wrHphhClxd https://twitter.com/RCDclub/status/1126 ... 33155?s=17

redrobinround

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 15th, 2019, 12:30 am
The boom sounds like a gun shot. You can even hear it from the Big Easy Balloons.
Maybe, listen to how this sounds ONCE, and make it even louder. https://youtu.be/tgXWJEZzFHE?t=22

Or just imagine some sort of explosion. I don't know what a bomb sounds like, but it's just really loud, and it feels kind of "scary" in a way. You think something BAD is happening at the park when this thing goes off.

I would say this is probably the most similar of noises it sounds like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK5a23tkA5E

The video on the facebook six flags club sound does NOT do it justice whatsoever. It sounds so weak in the video when it's not that weak in real life. This sound is so strong that it wouldn't shock me if people were to call up the police because they are worried that something happened in the area of the park.

It's funny to me how the noise before the launch literally just sounds like the waterpark noise (when the wavepool starts).

Yes, this thing is testing (even more than 2 times on Friday), but this ride is not right yet. You can tell it's not ready to do 5 million (Obviously, an exaggeration) tests in a row because it's running good. They test the ride, and than it takes forever for them to test it again. I think they were even winching the thing from the brake run at one point to the station. July 4th; I don't think so, in my opinion.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby cliffhanger on June 15th, 2019, 8:49 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:July 4th; I don't think so, in my opinion.

Don't trust anything from the Fan Base Club on Facebook. They claim they have inside contacts, but somehow can't give proof. Trust me, you'll know when the ride is opening. Marketing will be pushing that info to every possible outlet as soon as they have everything set.
cliffhanger

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 15th, 2019, 9:07 am
https://youtu.be/KZprpQGNsrc
A little after the :40 second mark you can hear that loud noise. The video doesn't do it justice if you can apparently hear it from Big Easy Balloons. Yeah, that Facebook group is a hot mess. One lady was claiming that a worker told them they tested the ride way before it actually began testing and that a few dummies fell out of the double inversion...
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on June 15th, 2019, 9:16 am
That wasn't at full speed? That acceleration already looks intense as it is...

IssaCoaster

Postby Coaster Critique on June 15th, 2019, 12:43 pm
I got some Maxx Force testing footage yesterday. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rHaYnEWyik
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 15th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Coaster Critique wrote:I got some Maxx Force testing footage yesterday. Check it out!

nice angle variety T4P
AirTimeDaz

Postby UnclePennybags on June 15th, 2019, 1:28 pm
Coaster Critique wrote:I got some Maxx Force testing footage yesterday. Check it out!

Very nice.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 15th, 2019, 2:39 pm
They're putting those panels where the posters used to be back onto the entrance sign for Maxx Force. They also have lights on the panels. What could they be putting in those poster windows?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RobSFGAm on June 15th, 2019, 2:44 pm
Was at the park today and there will be no testing today. They are working (with a hoist) on the flywheel As you can see in the picture, there with a hoist is attached to the track, so no train can pass.
Also the train is in the shed and the garage/shed door facing the transfer track is closed as well.
They did have the launch pulley going back a forth a few time, so that seems to be working.
Hopefully it is just something minor and they can resolve it in a few days.

RobSFGAm

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 15th, 2019, 6:41 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Was at the park today and there will be no testing today. They are working (with a hoist) on the flywheel As you can see in the picture, there with a hoist is attached to the track, so no train can pass.
Also the train is in the shed and the garage/shed door facing the transfer track is closed as well.
They did have the launch pulley going back a forth a few time, so that seems to be working.
Hopefully it is just something minor and they can resolve it in a few days.

I thought they were all ready testing today. This morning I saw videos people had posted on Facebook. So something had to have happened this afternoon that caused this.

B&MGuy35

Postby redrobinround on June 15th, 2019, 10:06 pm
any construction pics today

redrobinround

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 16th, 2019, 8:25 am
I worry about people that live close to the park complaining about the loud booming rush of air from Maxx Force. They will hear that sound every couple of minutes during operation. Not to mention the Hot Summer Night event when coasters are open until midnight. lol
SaveTheWAVE

Postby ledgeland on June 16th, 2019, 10:53 am
Just tested. The boom isn’t that bad and we were standing at Sky Trek exit.
ledgeland

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 16th, 2019, 10:58 am
Full cycle test? How did the launch look? Insane?

SaveTheWAVE

Postby JackGlass on June 16th, 2019, 12:07 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:I worry about people that live close to the park complaining about the loud booming rush of air from Maxx Force. They will hear that sound every couple of minutes during operation. Not to mention the Hot Summer Night event when coasters are open until midnight. lol

They can complain all they want. I don't think there's anything they can do legally.

If some old crank calls the cops and says "There's noises coming from the theme park and I don't like it" The cop would probably be like... Well, that's too bad! lol
JackGlass

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 16th, 2019, 12:10 pm
Hahaha!! Totally! Would probably be the same 'get off my lawn!' people.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby JT2002 on June 16th, 2019, 1:24 pm
They also were testing today at 12:30 and 12:45
JT2002

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum