Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 16th, 2019, 2:18 pm
I'm not sure what thread would be appropriate to ask, but how exactly does an air launched like Maxx Force's work? I'd love to know more about how this ride works!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JT2002 on February 16th, 2019, 3:18 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:It is sad that a few of West Coast Racer's supports arrived just now. Glad to see so much progress has been done on Maxx Force. Hoping we see the double inversion start to go up in the next couple weeks!

And yet it's getting much more attention from the media and coaster community because it's Magic Mountain :roll:
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby ilrider on February 16th, 2019, 9:33 pm
^Yeah. I just watched a video on YouTube with an update on WCR construction, and they made a big deal about rebar being on site. Rebar. I turned it off less than a minute in.
ilrider

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 16th, 2019, 9:57 pm
LOL I've been seeing these videos titled "Major Update West Coast Racers!" and I'd expect it to be something like supports or track arriving, but it ends up to be something like footers being poured when that should have been done already! This is a pretty big ride for them to be just now starting on footers. I applaud the construction team and SFGAm for their progress on Maxx Force. If some of us are upset rides don't open on opening day or before Memorial Day weekend, some parks open their rides in June or even later! Pretty sure Crazanity, SFMM's 2018 Giga Discovery, opened in June. This could be because they are open year round too.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on February 17th, 2019, 6:42 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:LOL I've been seeing these videos titled "Major Update West Coast Racers!" and I'd expect it to be something like supports or track arriving, but it ends up to be something like footers being poured when that should have been done already! This is a pretty big ride for them to be just now starting on footers. I applaud the construction team and SFGAm for their progress on Maxx Force. If some of us are upset rides don't open on opening day or before Memorial Day weekend, some parks open their rides in June or even later! Pretty sure Crazanity, SFMM's 2018 Giga Discovery, opened in June. This could be because they are open year round too.

July. It opened in July... at this point, they’d be lucky to see it during the summer season.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 17th, 2019, 6:54 pm
^ Wow. Yeah, I see WCR opening in August.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ilrider on February 17th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Drove by the park today, and more supports are up in two different spots. I think one set was for the double inversion after the launch.
ilrider

Postby CoasterNick3157 on February 17th, 2019, 9:31 pm
Falcon wrote:Fingers crossed they recruit members of the public for the commercial shoot. I was in the one for Goliath and it was a blast!

Most Likely they gonna have only media and a a few i mean 4 from ace there they will probably use one train, They have big time scaled down media day like they did for xflight and goliath. I wonder if some people from these coaster clubs ruined it cause they can't act like adults to these events.
CoasterNick3157

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 17th, 2019, 9:31 pm
Woohoo! Watching that massive structure go up will be amazing. I hope the weather corporates and we won't lose any more days of construction. I wonder if the launch is in place
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on February 18th, 2019, 3:11 pm
ilrider wrote:Drove by the park today, and more supports are up in two different spots. I think one set was for the double inversion after the launch.

I drove by today, they are putting up the support tower that goes over Whizzer. You can get a good view of the ride driving south on Dilley's between Stearn School Rd and Grand Ave.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 18th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Could have been the angle I saw it, but the support that is much farther towards Demon and Southwest Territory than I thought. Makes me wonder if they actually have to move the HH entrance.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on February 18th, 2019, 3:58 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote: Makes me wonder if they actually have to move the HH entrance.

I don't think so. The support structure goes over the railroad tracks and a large footer is between the Hurricane Harbor path and the railroad tracks.
staticshadows

Postby SaveTheWAVE on February 18th, 2019, 7:49 pm
Amusement Insiders just posted a new Maxx Force update approximately 10 minutes ago. Good stuff.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby rmceagle2021 on February 18th, 2019, 8:01 pm
https://youtu.be/c9nv4tDMIms Amusement Insiders update on Maxx Force
rmceagle2021

Postby RobSFGAm on February 20th, 2019, 10:13 pm
Another Maxx Force update I did a couple days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3NPAlWvxnM

Enjoy
RobSFGAm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 21st, 2019, 11:55 am
CoasterDave316 wrote:
Wisco Woody wrote: To hit or beat 700 pph with 2 single dispatch 12 person trains, they will need to achieve less than 61 seconds between dispatches and train motion.

With only 12 people per train, 61 second dispatch times should be relatively easy. Also when a ride is new, they are usually very strict about loose articles, so that should help dispatch times as well. With a ride like this, I would worry more about downtime's then capacity.

Agreed. I too think the downtime will be the real issue. This thing is going to make V2 look super reliable :)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 21st, 2019, 12:40 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Another Maxx Force update I did a couple days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3NPAlWvxnM

Enjoy

Thanks for the video!! Great images
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on February 21st, 2019, 12:56 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
CoasterDave316 wrote:
Wisco Woody wrote: To hit or beat 700 pph with 2 single dispatch 12 person trains, they will need to achieve less than 61 seconds between dispatches and train motion.

With only 12 people per train, 61 second dispatch times should be relatively easy. Also when a ride is new, they are usually very strict about loose articles, so that should help dispatch times as well. With a ride like this, I would worry more about downtime's then capacity.

Agreed. I too think the downtime will be the real issue. This thing is going to make V2 look super reliable :)

The new Air Launch coasters in China from what I heard are more reliable then when S&S first started. Take Hypersonic at Kings Dominion, that was one of their first Air Launch coasters. Now take the newer models of the coaster, S&S has been improving on these with every installation they do, so I expect this ride to have not much downtime

Of course this is SIx Flags and I could be wrong by hey it can happen :P .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 21st, 2019, 4:21 pm
I do believe S&S has worked out the kinks in the air launch system. I'm pretty sure they are more reliable than V2 and others like it.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 21st, 2019, 8:08 pm
Maxx Force track spotted! This isn't mine :) https://www.instagram.com/p/BuFosKjh5gZ ... k24zv854w0Image

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on February 22nd, 2019, 1:48 pm
This entire thing is one inversion after the other so I have No idea what piece that would be to but I’m going to assume it’s the 4th inversion rising up to the brakes
Last edited by gottastrata33 on February 23rd, 2019, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm
I think so too. Like that wave looking turn between the two inversions.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on February 23rd, 2019, 7:47 pm
Apologies for my dirty windshield: ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 23rd, 2019, 8:14 pm
I can't tell if the structure is any taller than last weekend. Maybe they're working on the launch.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby coasterlove on February 24th, 2019, 1:42 am
Wouldn't that be the beginnings of the hill/tower/first double inversion after the launch? The end supports have track on it that does not appear to have any track.
coasterlove

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum