Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on July 4th, 2019, 2:23 pm
Good to hear! Obviously, there will be downtime, especially as the ride gets more wear and tear on it. Yes. I don’t think they can dispatch much faster than 2.5-3 minutes. There’s a one minute wait in between cycles anyways (and knowing Six Flags they may wait longer) plus the wait to get the other train in station. So your still looking at just 400ish riders per hour.

Only time will tell though. Did they get there queue finished today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 2:34 pm
^No, the queue is not finished. Railings are there for the remaining set of switchbacks, just not erected.
ilrider

Postby coasterfanatic on July 4th, 2019, 2:37 pm
I didn’t expect it to be. Something so easy and they couldn’t get it done. This company never ceases to amaze me.

coasterfanatic

Postby UnclePennybags on July 4th, 2019, 5:20 pm
Three questions for people who have ridden Maxx Force (MF):

1) Months ago, I had stated that I doubted if I'd be able to perceive the difference in acceleration between V2 and MF. Just comparing the initial acceleration of the two and not the entire rides, how would you rate the two?

2) I consider Raging Bull (RB) to be the smoothest coaster in the park (no jarring or bumpiness). How does MF rate relative to RB on the smoothness scale? (not the overall ride experience, just your gut feeling on what you perceive as smoooooooth)

3) Has anyone seen on-ride photos for MF yet? If so, from which point of the ride are the photos being taken?
UnclePennybags

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 5:28 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:Three questions for people who have ridden Maxx Force (MF):

1) Months ago, I had stated that I doubted if I'd be able to perceive the difference in acceleration between V2 and MF. Just comparing the initial acceleration of the two and not the entire rides, how would you rate the two?

2) I consider Raging Bull (RB) to be the smoothest coaster in the park (no jarring or bumpiness). How does MF rate relative to RB on the smoothness scale? (not the overall ride experience, just your gut feeling on what you perceive as smoooooooth)

3) Has anyone seen on-ride photos for MF yet? If so, from which point of the ride are the photos being taken?

1. Oh yeah, you can definitely feel the difference. The acceleration on MF is a ton faster and more forceful than on V2. V2 takes its time to get to full speed after the initial launch, but MF gets to that point at what feels instant. It is awesome!

2. MF was smooth as silk start to finish after the launch.

3. I did not see an on-ride photo. Maybe I missed it, but I don’t remember a booth afterward either.
Last edited by ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on July 4th, 2019, 5:29 pm
SFGAm Viper wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:I agree it’s great for the general public. And a great addition. I liked the ride. But for me, it was missing something. I didn’t get the same adrenaline rush like I do with other launch coasters. And maybe both rides I got weren’t at full launch because to me it didn’t feel any different than V2 or any other launch coaster.

Maybe my expectations were too high for the ride...

How many times are you going to post that it didn’t meet YOUR expectations? Seems like every time someone posts that they really liked it you need to repeat how you didn’t like it as much as them.

For real.

You just seem to hate on it. & I’ve been on all the rides you listed. While I’ll agree that FT was the sh*t, I have yet to compare it to Maxx but not one person ever except you, has ever complained about the launch on an air launch coaster.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAm Viper on July 4th, 2019, 5:41 pm
For the person who said this is reliable, think again. It has been down 3 times within 40 mins.
SFGAm Viper

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 5:44 pm
^
On day 3 of operation, it finally goes down. Coasters have issues at times, especially when they first open. Does not make it unreliable at this point to me.
ilrider

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 4th, 2019, 6:05 pm
Wow, Maxx Force is a total piece of unreliable trash because it broke down on the opening day!
Seriously..roller coasters break down. It happens. It's a brand new ride. You cannot make quick assumptions on its reliability right on opening day.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby chicagolandcoasters on July 4th, 2019, 7:11 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Wow, Maxx Force is a total piece of unreliable trash because it broke down on the opening day!
Seriously..roller coasters break down. It happens. It's a brand new ride. You cannot make quick assumptions on its reliability right on opening day.

People are complaining so much but it was only down for 15 minutes.

Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby SFGAm Viper on July 4th, 2019, 7:33 pm
ilrider wrote:^
On day 3 of operation, it finally goes down. Coasters have issues at times, especially when they first open. Does not make it unreliable at this point to me.

Thanks for teaching me a lesson. I have no idea how anything works. What would I do without you? :-P

I’m more or less pointing out that calling a ride reliable on day 1 of operation is ridiculous. Especially ones that are known to be troublesome. In the long run it will not run as well as yesterday or as bad as the hour or so I was there today.

I rode for the first time and the launch is definitely stronger than Dragster or Full Throttle. Obviously the stats say it is too. The difference is that it’s over in the blink of an eye and isn’t sustained like the other rides. I enjoy the other ones more since they are more prolonged but this one is real cool too.
SFGAm Viper

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 7:44 pm
SFGAm Viper wrote:

Thanks for teaching me a lesson. I have no idea how anything works. What would I do without you? :-P

I’m more or less pointing out that calling a ride reliable on day 1 of operation is ridiculous. Especially ones that are known to be troublesome. In the long run it will not run as well as yesterday or as bad as the hour or so I was there today.

I rode for the first time and the launch is definitely stronger than Dragster or Full Throttle. Obviously the stats say it is too. The difference is that it’s over in the blink of an eye and isn’t sustained like the other rides. I enjoy the other ones more since they are more prolonged but this one is real cool too.

It’s not day 1 of operation. It’s day 3. Media day, preview day, and today. It took 3 days until it went down for the first time. I would say that is pretty good to start. You were the one freaking out calling it unreliable because it went down for 15 minutes.

By comparison, Goliath was going down a lot early on, including on opening day when I was in line.

Your snark is not necessary (even with the smiley face). I held back and was civil.
Last edited by ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilrider

Postby redrobinround on July 4th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Maxx force is awesome but they need to install shade i got so burnt. I was about to get front row but someone witj ada pass got it

redrobinround

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 7:47 pm
redrobinround wrote:Maxx force is awesome but they need to install shade i got so burnt. I was about to get front row but someone witj ada pass got it

Sunscreen does wonders. lol Yeah, some shade would be nice.
Last edited by ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilrider

Postby redrobinround on July 4th, 2019, 7:48 pm
ilrider wrote:
redrobinround wrote:Maxx force is awesome but they need to install shade i got so burnt. I was about to get front row but someone witj ada pass got it

Sunscreen does wonders. lol Yeah, some shade would be nice,
my sweat washed it down!

redrobinround

Postby ilrider on July 4th, 2019, 7:49 pm
redrobinround wrote:
ilrider wrote:

Sunscreen does wonders. lol Yeah, some shade would be nice,
my sweat washed it down!

Well, at least you tried. Yeah, it was warm and humid today. Glad we got on it early today.
ilrider

Postby IssaCoaster on July 4th, 2019, 7:53 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Wow, Maxx Force is a total piece of unreliable trash because it broke down on the opening day!
Alright guys.... time for another lesson. Sorry if this is a double post. Tried to send another one before. But here we go.

A ride breaking down, and a ride going down are two completely different things. They cannot be used interchangebly.

A ride going does not mean something with the ride is wrong. Most of the time, it is due to the guests. Going down includes weather, guests' body fluids getting on a ride "blood, pee, vomit, etc.", guests not following directions, or the ride activating a ride stop (in other words, the computer is doing what it's supposed to do). Activating a ride stop can be but not limited to someone doing something dangerous, a guest is pushing on the air gate and triggers the safety systems, a guest not following directions during the ride, and etc. Mosr of the time, a ride goes down because of a guest and not because of the ride being "broken". Examples" "A guest peed their pants and they have to clean it up. We gotta call that ops and go down." "Someone keeps trying to get out of their restraint. We gotta do a ride stop and go down." "The park ops called and saod there is lightning in the area. We gotta go down". "Some guests are fighting on the station platform. We gotta press the emergency stop and go down".

Breaking down is incredibly rare. Especially at a park like Six flags. This would be something like structural issues, wheels coming off a train, restraints flying open mid ride, computer malfunctioning, mechanical parts breaking, electrical fire. This is not something that is seen in the U.S because of our strict safety standards and inspections. If a ride is up to date and maintained like it is supposed to, this will almost never happen during the lifetime of a ride. Examples: "Somebody just got ejected from the ride!" "The whole ride is on fire!" "The lift hill structure is falling!" "The rollercoaster train went of the tracks!".

In conclusion, a ride going down is usually not die to the ride, but to the guests. Therefore, it does not contribute to the reliability of the ride. Breaking down is almost never seen a ride in a major U.S park. Going down is common. It is usually a sign that the computer is doing it's job correctly. End rant.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Last edited by IssaCoaster on July 4th, 2019, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IssaCoaster

Postby cliffhanger on July 4th, 2019, 7:59 pm
ilrider wrote:

It’s not day 1 of operation. It’s day 3. Media day, preview day, and today...

4, if you count the commercial shoot. That thing was launching all day with no problems.
cliffhanger

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 4th, 2019, 9:13 pm
ilrider wrote:I actually think the lines are going to be manageable. I heard a manager say the worst it got yesterday during the preview was 2 hours, and today when we left at 1:30 it was only 75 minutes. Three things it has going for it are it has been reliable, with no down time; they are dispatching trains pretty darn quickly for a new ride; and I think this ride is honestly scaring some members of the general public away. For example, there were not a lot of young kids in line. My son is 10, but he has been riding everything for years and has no fear.

I don't agree that the lines are going to be manageable unless a. people don't care about this ride, b. the chance of rain scared people away, c. people really want to make sure this ride is actually open before they visit, or d. the park is too warm to visit (and people rather just go to waterparks). Again, also as I said the other day; the CORE of Six Flags people are season pass holders, and that's why you had that 2 hour line. Just wait for a no rain / no HIGH heat day, and see how the lines are than. My car's temperature for outside said in the afternoon that it was 93 degrees today.

For the people that say that this ride is going to bring so much attendance (at least for this year), I doubt it. I think it has been too rainy, and now we are getting the warmth a lot. You look at other Six Flags parks, and they are also drenched in rain, rain. What I think is that Six Flags this year is going to have a poor attendance year just because of the rain, rain, rain. I didn't even go on my vacation this year because of a lot of rain at the Six Flags park I wanted to go to. On top of that, this ride has been delayed by a month. It seems it's a trend within Six Flags this year. You have Joker at Fiesta Texas, Wonder Woman at Great Adventure, and you have the coaster at Magic Mountain that are all new Six Flags rides being delayed this year. Also, I do want to mention it was bad for the waterpark this year too (at least in a bunch of June). It was too cold for the waterpark for many people to want to go to it. It's sort of a catch 21. You want your theme park even more packed than the waterpark because a theme park holds a lot more people than the waterpark. So, a 93 degree day at Six Flags Great America, is really not going to be great for the theme park, part of it; but the waterpark will do booming business. A 67 degree day means no one will want to go to the waterpark at all. The perfect weather for a theme park that has the waterpark attached to it (for the COMPANY) thus would be about 80 degrees because now you have a lot of people in the waterpark, and in the regular park. Lop-sided is bad for business!
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on July 4th, 2019, 9:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby coasterlove on July 4th, 2019, 9:19 pm
ilrider wrote:

Sunscreen does wonders. lol Yeah, some shade would be nice.

Sunscreen might help you not get sunburned but it isn't going to help you be any cooler or not suffer from the effects of heat related problems. I just hope they add some sort of shade coverings but I honestly don't think it will happen until the end of August or early September when they go back to weekend operations. While building some sort of cover isn't a massive undertaking, it isn't something they would probably do overnight. I wouldn't be surprised if they just wait until the offseasons being that it's this late in the season.
coasterlove

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 4th, 2019, 9:21 pm
It's year 95, and they haven't added anything to V2 yet. It's not like they care. Joker's "2nd line" is probably twice as big as the small queue house, and that has no shade on it either.

If you haven't seen the main line right now they are using, that thing looks tiny (from pictures). It looks even a little smaller than Joker's main queue covered area. It has 7 switchbacks according to the picture. Maybe, the Joker has 9 switchbacks. In that area they are using from the sign to those lines that are open, a person said it was at LEAST a 1 hour line (They really said that the sign said 75 minutes from that point, but anyway) is a large time for that small of people. To me, Joker is really kind of a flop by the way. That ride is only 2 years old, and it doesn't have great capacity, but a smaller line usually. Oh well.. If all the lines were open (and built), and stretching to the sign, I don't see how that wouldn't be a 3 hour line.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby redrobinround on July 4th, 2019, 11:12 pm
By the way there are footers for shade ONLY in the small queue block by the maxx force station just no canopy

redrobinround

Postby SFGAm Viper on July 4th, 2019, 11:36 pm
ilrider wrote:
SFGAm Viper wrote:

It’s not day 1 of operation. It’s day 3. Media day, preview day, and today. It took 3 days until it went down for the first time. I would say that is pretty good to start. You were the one freaking out calling it unreliable because it went down for 15 minutes.

By comparison, Goliath was going down a lot early on, including on opening day when I was in line.

Your snark is not necessary (even with the smiley face). I held back and was civil.

Freaking out....ok. Great 4 days....5, 6, 7, 15.... no one is going to know how reliable it is immediately. There are always issues right off the bat. I HOPE IT WILL BE.

Funny, I actually complimented the ride too. No one noticed that! Not surprised though.
SFGAm Viper

Postby coasterfanatic on July 5th, 2019, 12:54 am
And apparently MaxxForce had to unload from the launch today as well.

coasterfanatic

Postby Hawknut1102 on July 5th, 2019, 9:57 am
[quote="coasterfanatic"]And apparently MaxxForce had to unload from the launch today as well.

Yeah I’m in line right now and they had an employee saying that it wouldn’t open at 10:30

Hawknut1102

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum