Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 2nd, 2019, 10:29 pm
I do not care when it opens. Whenever the ride opens and is at the best it can be is fine by me! I don't want them to rush anything.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 2nd, 2019, 11:39 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I do not care when it opens. Whenever the ride opens and is at the best it can be is fine by me! I don't want them to rush anything.

Pretty sure we go through this every season. I think they usually add it around the middle of June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby UnclePennybags on June 3rd, 2019, 12:10 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Tbh I find it hilarious cause of how much time someone has to make something so stupid. Oh you got a couple enthusiasts excited & then disappointed. Go you.

Agreed. What's funny is that I was one of those guys that was excited to hear the news.

Boy, do I feel like a sucker.
UnclePennybags

Postby redrobinround on June 3rd, 2019, 12:39 pm
is maxx testing or construction

redrobinround

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 3rd, 2019, 12:45 pm
coasterlove wrote:I also find it a little hard to believe but it could be possible. I am a little disappointed. I was really hoping it would have been ready by June 14th for everyone because I had that day off of work and was thinking about trying to go that day because many kids would still be in school, most people in work and it would hopefully be a slower day and possibly not a horrible line if one were to get to the park at opening. I mean, someone has to be first in line.

I know it's the member preview day but I only have a Gold pass and haven't upgraded to a membership. I might one day but don't make it out there enough to justify the extra cost yet and it's not worth it for me personally to upgrade for one coaster. I'll have to try and get another weekday off of work in the future or hope for a little luck if I get there at opening and run to the ride, I get there in the first 500 people or so because I'm not going to wait 3+ hours. I'm too old now. :-)

My daughter's last day of school in district 47 is 6/5. My brother's kids go to private school and I think they finished last week.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 3rd, 2019, 12:48 pm
June 21 opening would make sense to me since that's Coasters After Dark. And they could do Media preview/member day on 6/20.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 3rd, 2019, 1:06 pm
The view of Maxx Force while riding Whizzer is incredible. When you take that turn that hugs the ground is the best part! You can see how close the bridge and launch are to each other. What a great headchopper moment hopefully!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 3rd, 2019, 2:05 pm
^ The launch track is soooooo short! That's what struck me while on whizzer. That, and being directly under the dog tongue on Whizzer's final helix.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 3rd, 2019, 6:38 pm
I think sometime this week we can expect Maxx to start testing the launch with the train. I'm thinking they'll start with smaller launches and test out the rollback mechanics of the launch first before testing at the launch's maxx lol potential.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 3rd, 2019, 6:39 pm
^Well played!

SaveTheWAVE

Postby IssaCoaster on June 3rd, 2019, 6:42 pm
Does anyone know why they didn't just go to 80mph for the launch speed? It is literally only 2mph. Would it be too mich stress on the launch system to pull that kind of acceleration? Is the launch already short?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 3rd, 2019, 6:54 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I think sometime this week we can expect Maxx to start testing the launch with the train. I'm thinking they'll start with smaller launches and test out the rollback mechanics of the launch first before testing at the launch's maxx lol potential.

Again....
The grout for most of the footers has yet to be completed so I don’t see testing beginning anytime this week.

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 3rd, 2019, 7:07 pm
I'm saying they would test the launch by sending it out in little amounts at a time. I did not say anything about a full circuit test.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 3rd, 2019, 7:22 pm
I wonder what the hold up is with the grout for the footers? The window to get the footers complete in the next couple of days is closing. It's going to rain again tomorrow afternoon.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby coasterlove on June 3rd, 2019, 9:11 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:My daughter's last day of school in district 47 is 6/5. My brother's kids go to private school and I think they finished last week.

I know a lot of private schools and many suburban schools end earlier. Chicago Public schools end later in June and I was hoping to at least avoid that much. Not that it matters now. It's really starting to look like a late June or even sometime in July opening. I'll have to try and find a weekday I can get out there since it will at least be a little less crowded or try in Holiday In The Park if it can run in that weather.
coasterlove

Postby gottastrata33 on June 3rd, 2019, 11:36 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Does anyone know why they didn't just go to 80mph for the launch speed? It is literally only 2mph. Would it be too mich stress on the launch system to pull that kind of acceleration? Is the launch already short?

I’ve wondered this the moment it was released. Like really?! Why not 80? But I really Honestly wondered why they didn’t actually go faster than that.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterlove on June 4th, 2019, 12:23 am
80mph certainly would have been nice but I'm sure space is the issue. The back end is already encroaching into the waterpark and at the front end, how close it to Raging Bull, the walkway, Whizzer, train tracks, etc. I haven't been to the park yet this season but it seems to be very close to things as it is now. If it were faster, it would extend in one direction or another or both. Also, the elements would have to be larger possibly making it harder to squeeze into a small space.

But I agree, if it were at all possible, 80+ mph would have been nice.
coasterlove

Postby JT2002 on June 4th, 2019, 8:44 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:June 21 opening would make sense to me since that's Coasters After Dark. And they could do Media preview/member day on 6/20.

Opening on my b-day would be dope
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 4th, 2019, 4:01 pm
Not sure if they’re in break at the moment, but currently there is no work being done at all on the site anywhere that I can see. Maybe the rain this morning stopped things. I just got to the park so not sure if they’re we’re working earlier.

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 4th, 2019, 6:28 pm
70% chance of afternoon storms tomorrow. I've never seen such a rainy spring. At this rate, with the weather not cooperating, Maxx Force will open in time for the 4th of July.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 5th, 2019, 1:52 pm
Anything going on to report today?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 5th, 2019, 2:45 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:June 21 opening would make sense to me since that's Coasters After Dark. And they could do Media preview/member day on 6/20.

Well, NOW it seems that there is no Coasters After Dark on 6/21 (nor 8/16 either) :(

CoasterRiderSC

Postby IssaCoaster on June 5th, 2019, 2:47 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Well, NOW it seems that there is no Coasters After Dark on 6/21 (nor 8/16 either) :(
Why would they ever get rid of that?

IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 5th, 2019, 2:53 pm
^ I think it has to do with the fight that occurred last year because I can't think of another reason for it.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on June 5th, 2019, 3:01 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ I think it has to do with the fight that occurred last year because I can't think of another reason for it.
I was working there when that brawl happened last year. Employees are getting fed up with the disrespectful and trashy guests that come into the park and start things over stupid stuff. I understand it's hot outside and everything, but if you want to start a fight, do it outside of park grounds. I hope they start banning people from the park for fights. It's so irritating when you just want people to enjoy their time and you got someone who starts a fight because they accidently got bumped into. You're here to have fun, not to win fights.

IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum