Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on May 31st, 2019, 2:41 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:The queue for this ride is huge!!

Wow, nice to see this. I'd assumed the previously laid concrete was the only area for the queue. This didn't look like it was big enough. Good to see more space for potentially long lines when this ride opens.
UnclePennybags

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 31st, 2019, 2:50 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Guys,
The queue for this ride is huge!!
Look at all the concrete that has been poured for it now. Also the roof for the station is basically done.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm scared... where are the holes to support the awnings for shade?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

They’re poring concrete today. Holes will be put in after it’s cured. And I don’t think the canopy is in the main pour for the queue. It’s supported separately away from the queue area.

B&MGuy35

Postby IssaCoaster on May 31st, 2019, 2:58 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Guys,
The queue for this ride is huge!!
Look at all the concrete that has been poured for it now. Also the roof for the station is basically done.

ImageImage

I'm scared... where are the holes to support the awnings for shade?

They’re poring concrete today. Holes will be put in after it’s cured. And I don’t think the canopy is in the main pour for the queue. It’s supported separately away from the queue area.

Thanks for the info.

IssaCoaster

Postby RobSFGAm on May 31st, 2019, 3:40 pm
I just posted a video update from today.

https://youtu.be/Y4iVDQN-P9M
RobSFGAm

Postby JT2002 on May 31st, 2019, 6:35 pm
^^I hope the queue is somewhat themed. I'd be very disappointed with a bunch of boring switchbacks. Especially if the ride has a low capacity (though it's short)
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby RobSFGAm on May 31st, 2019, 7:01 pm
JT2002 wrote:^^I hope the queue is somewhat themed. I'd be very disappointed with a bunch of boring switchbacks. Especially if the ride has a low capacity (though it's short)

I was thinking the same thing when filming today. I think they could have made the train shed look like a pit crew garage with fake garage doors since you will be steering at it for a long time.

Something like this (without the vehicles):
RobSFGAm

Postby UnclePennybags on May 31st, 2019, 7:03 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:I just posted a video update from today.
https://youtu.be/Y4iVDQN-P9M

This video confirms that the maximum capacity of the queue could be substantial. Nice.

I really am happy with how quickly things are coming together. I know that the schedule may have slipped, but this video has got me a little jazzed again.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 1st, 2019, 8:30 am
JT2002 wrote:^^I hope the queue is somewhat themed. I'd be very disappointed with a bunch of boring switchbacks. Especially if the ride has a low capacity (though it's short)

I pray they will do something with the queue. It will look horrible with the switchbacks right next to the grey storage shed. No colors. I hope the station will look nice too.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on June 1st, 2019, 12:49 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

I pray they will do something with the queue. It will look horrible with the switchbacks right next to the grey storage shed. No colors. I hope the station will look nice too.
the joker shed is like that too

redrobinround

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 1st, 2019, 5:48 pm
I've heard from a few people that Maxx's launch system has been testing without trains. I also saw a video of the train moving into the launch position so I'm thinking we could see full circuit testing next week for sure.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 1st, 2019, 5:51 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I've heard from a few people that Maxx's launch system has been testing without trains. I also saw a video of the train moving into the launch position so I'm thinking we could see full circuit testing next week for sure.

Link to the video?

I find this hard to believe. I think we would have seen pics of this because so many of us are watching so closely.

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 1st, 2019, 6:14 pm
It’s on Instagram. Not sure how to link it here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByLuxvthqlU ... ztiezxqk1f
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ledgeland on June 1st, 2019, 6:33 pm
We were there today taking pictures from the viper line where the flash pass person usually stands and you could hear periodic rushing air sounds that seemed like they were coming from the building with the square vents. It wasn't loud but definitely noticeable from that spot.
ledgeland

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 2nd, 2019, 10:20 am
[Image Removed - This was fake]

We shall see if this holds up
They still have tons of work to do so I’m skeptical.

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterlove on June 2nd, 2019, 10:51 am
I also find it a little hard to believe but it could be possible. I am a little disappointed. I was really hoping it would have been ready by June 14th for everyone because I had that day off of work and was thinking about trying to go that day because many kids would still be in school, most people in work and it would hopefully be a slower day and possibly not a horrible line if one were to get to the park at opening. I mean, someone has to be first in line.

I know it's the member preview day but I only have a Gold pass and haven't upgraded to a membership. I might one day but don't make it out there enough to justify the extra cost yet and it's not worth it for me personally to upgrade for one coaster. I'll have to try and get another weekday off of work in the future or hope for a little luck if I get there at opening and run to the ride, I get there in the first 500 people or so because I'm not going to wait 3+ hours. I'm too old now. :-)
coasterlove

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 2nd, 2019, 11:05 am
Do we know if that's totally real? I heard someone saying it was a fake email.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 2nd, 2019, 11:57 am
11 days is pushing it for an event. Keep in mind that the state of Illinois has yet to certify the ride after X number of complete cycles. As far as I know there hasn't been a full cycle as of yet. Are there still footers that need grout?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Tardis1972 on June 2nd, 2019, 1:47 pm
Yeah I don’t know if I’m buying this announced opening date yet either.
Tardis1972

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 2nd, 2019, 2:12 pm
Someone on Instagram confirmed it was fake because they made it themselves.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby chicagolandcoasters on June 2nd, 2019, 6:13 pm
The Maxx Force email was fake.
Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby JT2002 on June 2nd, 2019, 7:22 pm
^Who would take the time to make a fake email?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 2nd, 2019, 7:23 pm
^right? So not cool. I hope SFGAM finds the culprit.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 2nd, 2019, 7:25 pm
It's such a waste of time and kind of a douche move. Especially since everyone is waiting for an official date.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on June 2nd, 2019, 9:35 pm
Tbh I find it hilarious cause of how much time someone has to make something so stupid. Oh you got a couple enthusiasts excited & then disappointed. Go you.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on June 2nd, 2019, 9:42 pm
Despite the sketchy email, I think the ride will open mid to late June. June 24th seems like a good date tbh.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum