Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on July 17th, 2019, 2:28 pm
^^You have the freedom to think whatever you want to think. If you want the Ring of FIRE to be a coaster, it's a coaster. If you don't, you don't. If I want to call Ricochet, Pterodactyl the ride, I can call it that. People used to call X-Flight, X-Factor. It's your choice. I am not brainwashed by the park to think certain things such as the cleanest park in the world (Look at the Batman indoor dust all over the walls.), or the best waterpark in the nation. Those are to me, Noah's Ark, or Schlitterbahn Texas.

Back to American Eagle being 2 coasters; it's not to me. When the park shows me; that at the end of the night, they don't want to run both sides (Only ONE side runs); I know the ride is only 1 coaster TO THEM. The park treats it like one, so I say it's 1. I know the PR marketing team though will defend it in saying it's definitely 2 because that's what you do, but yet the other "roller coaster" shuts down at the beginning of the day, and at the end of the day, shockingly (to save some money). If the park treated it like 2 coasters, than maybe I would treat it as 2, but I don't because they don't. It doesn't even matter in the long run because I don't really like the ride anyway, and I'm not a credit person that cares about things like that. I'm fine with them even bulldozing it.

And I know everyone is going to say 100% the Zipper (Joker) is a roller coaster definitely, but the way that ride feels, it is such a flat ride in disguise like the Chance Zipper. It's on rcdb, and Six Flags Great America website as a roller coaster. Get your credits in, people for the disguised flat ride. lol I wonder the other way, do people have the Chance Zipper as a roller coaster credit? The Chance Zipper cars are on a track with wheels. The Chance Zipper also has multiple "lifthills". I know. I know. Gravity, blah blah.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on July 17th, 2019, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby coasterfanatic on July 17th, 2019, 3:00 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^^You have the freedom to think whatever you want to think. If you want the Ring of FIRE to be a coaster, it's a coaster. If you don't, you don't. If I want to call Ricochet, Pterodactyl the ride, I can call it that. People used to call X-Flight, X-Factor. It's your choice. I am not brainwashed by the park to think certain things such as the cleanest park in the world (Look at the Batman indoor dust all over the walls.), or the best waterpark in the nation. Those are to me, Noah's Ark, or Schlitterbahn Texas.

Back to American Eagle being 2 coasters; it's not to me. When the park shows me; that at the end of the night, they don't want to run both sides (Only ONE side runs); I know the ride is only 1 coaster TO THEM. The park treats it like one, so I say it's 1. I know the PR marketing team though will defend it in saying it's definitely 2 because that's what you do, but yet the other "roller coaster" shuts down at the beginning of the day, and at the end of the day, shockingly (to save some money). If the park treated it like 2 coasters, than maybe I would treat it as 2, but I don't because they don't. It doesn't even matter in the long run because I don't really like the ride anyway, and I'm not a credit person that cares about things like that. I'm fine with them even bulldozing it.

And I know everyone is going to say 100% the Zipper (Joker) is a roller coaster definitely, but the way that ride feels, it is such a flat ride in disguise like the Chance Zipper. It's on rcdb, and Six Flags Great America website as a roller coaster. Get your credits in, people for the disguised flat ride. lol

I’m not saying that you don’t have the freedom to think what you want. You totally do! You don’t have to be brainwashed at all. I’m saying is that if you are a website reporting stats, you really should be reporting stats that the park/manufacturer give. You can say, I don’t believe it has 5 inversions, but shouldn’t report that it has less of that’s what the ride stats say!

American Eagle is two different coasters that they operate as one at times. The ride layouts are not the same! But much like many other rides, they don’t open both all day long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Jodon on July 17th, 2019, 4:55 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
Jodon wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:I don’t agree that the StupidLoop should be a coaster but the park counts it towards its coaster count so we have to accept it then.

Yeah...that's not how it works. Parks can claim whatever they want, but that doesn't make it true or accurate. Great America claimed to be the cleanest park in the world the last 10-20 years. Do we have to accept that as true just because the park said so? Nope.

That’s completely how it works! You can’t just change how many inversions are on the ride because you said so! It’s billed as 5 inversions, then that is what you have to go by.

The cleanest thing park thing is a marketing thing. Stats for a ride are different. You can choose not to believe the stats but it would reflect poorly if you run a site and give stats opposite what the park and manufacture of the ride have said. They are the ones that built it.

I don’t agree that the StupidLoop is a coaster but when we you count how many coasters the park has, you have to count it because they do. That’s like saying Eagle isn’t 2 even though the park counts it as too. You’re comparing Apples to Oranges.

The park calling MGHO a roller coaster is completely a marketing thing (like Cedar Point with Pipe Scream), and American Eagle is two distinct roller coasters that share some of the same structure, regardless of what the park operates.

I'm not saying MF doesn't have 5 inversions, but the park's marketing department can and will say pretty much anything within the realm of possibility to make their ride more marketable. Look at the 3 records it "breaks." Fastest launch in North America, which should be more accurately described as "fastest accelerating launch in North America, but it doesn't sound as good so they market it as the fastest launch. The tallest double inversion, while true, is completely a marketing gimmick. The fastest inversion sounds good, but is another odd record to boast.
Jodon

Postby redrobinround on July 17th, 2019, 7:05 pm
Jodon wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:
Jodon wrote:[quote="coasterfanatic"]
don’t agree that the StupidLoop should be a coaster but the park counts it towards its coaster count so we have to accept it then.

Yeah...that's not how it works. Parks can claim whatever they want, but that doesn't make it true or accurate. Great America claimed to be the cleanest park in the world the last 10-20 years. Do we have to accept that as true just because the park said so? Nope.

The park calling MGHO a roller coaster is completely a marketing thing (like Cedar Point with Pipe Scream), and American Eagle is two distinct roller coasters that share some of the same structure, regardless of what the park operates.

I'm not saying MF doesn't have 5 inversions, but the park's marketing department can and will say pretty much anything within the realm of possibility to make their ride more marketable. Look at the 3 records it "breaks." Fastest launch in North America, which should be more accurately described as "fastest accelerating launch in North America, but it doesn't sound as good so they market it as the fastest launch. The tallest double inversion, while true, is completely a marketing gimmick. The fastest inversion sounds good, but is another odd record to boast.
Also They make stupid people think its the fastest launch coaster

redrobinround

Postby UnclePennybags on July 17th, 2019, 9:12 pm
I rode Maxx Force for the first time today. It's a "WOW!" coaster, but not my favorite at the park.

Several months ago, I pondered if I'd be able to perceive a difference in the acceleration between V2 and Maxx. I'd have to say that I can. As we were reaching the end of the launch run, I noticed that my cheeks were flapping about. This I found was due to the inrush of air into my mouth, which at that point was fully agape. I've never had the same experience on V2. Maxx really moves.

I didn't have a problem with the short ride time. I still enjoyed this coaster. I'm glad we got it.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 18th, 2019, 9:24 am
Tardis1972 wrote:For what’s it’s worth RCDB has 5 inversions for Maxx Force but none them are listed yet though.

Correct - but it might not be "final" yet. Duane said he's still thinking about it.

Question: Which launch system is more reliable, compressed air (Maxx) or hydraulic launch (Top Thrill and Kingda Ka) ?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby chicagolandcoasters on July 18th, 2019, 10:46 am
I’d say air launch is more reliable. Most of Maxx’s issues have been with the trains, not the launch itself.
Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 19th, 2019, 5:45 pm
I got off Maxx Force a while ago and oh my god that was amazing. I’ll have a little review later after I gather my thoughts and get something to drink. All I can say is when we went through that launch my initial reaction was “OH FRICK”! I have never experienced a launch like that.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby IssaCoaster on July 19th, 2019, 6:52 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I got off Maxx Force a while ago and oh my god that was amazing. I’ll have a little review later after I gather my thoughts and get something to drink. All I can say is when we went through that launch my initial reaction was “OH FRICK”! I have never experienced a launch like that.

How's the heat? Lol
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on July 19th, 2019, 9:16 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:For what’s it’s worth RCDB has 5 inversions for Maxx Force but none them are listed yet though.

Correct - but it might not be "final" yet. Duane said he's still thinking about it.

Question: Which launch system is more reliable, compressed air (Maxx) or hydraulic launch (Top Thrill and Kingda Ka) ?

LOL after working on TTD, I’ll simply tell you this. She ain’t reliable. She’s alive & she’s kind of a bad a** bi*** ;D no really - like fully alive. Anyone who’s worked that ride for a season would agree & tell you the same. If you care me to explain further I will but Im pretty positive in saying air launch is more reliable. Haha
gottastrata33

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 19th, 2019, 9:36 pm
It was tolerable, I got used to the Texas heat after visiting the Six Flags parks and the heat here is a lot more tolerable then down south. The heat over there feels like you are going to die LMAO.

Okay after gathering my thoughts and a few more rerides I came out a full review (btw it’s not going to be as short as I said).

Front Entrance - Wow I never saw Shockwave’s sign but I’ve seen pictures and this seems to resemble it quite a bit with it’s mirrored sign. I love it!

Queue line- More disappointing than I was originally thought but they might add more along the way.

Wait Time- Out of the times I waited for this the wait time was never over 30 minutes. I loved how quick these operations were.

Station- Still can’t judge it but disappointed that they are still not done.

THE LAUNCH- Holy crap, that was the greatest launch I ever experienced. Better than TTD definitely. The launch only makes me want to reride.

The dog tongue- Great double inversion helps me recover from that launch and oh crap we are going back down.

The low to the ground turn- This element doesn’t get enough credit. I love lower turns like this, and actually found this to be pretty intense.

Fastest Inversion- Upside down airtime, I love it. I didn’t expect this element to have airtime.

The final two inversions- These two inversions are great but the element connecting the two is the one I love the most. Whippy just how I like it and I love a good whippy element.

Final Review (because break runs don’t matter)- Wow definitely exceeded my expectations (which were pretty high). This is definitely in my top 2 if not my number one in the park. I’m split between this or Steel Curtain for the best coaster of 2019. Well done S&S this was pretty good year for you guys.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 21st, 2019, 9:21 am
Thanks for your review!! I love Maxx Force as well. The pullout after the dog tongue into the barrel roll has grey-out g forces, and I love it!!
The entire ride is wonderful!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby ChiefBeef234 on July 21st, 2019, 4:57 pm
Been timing the ops while I'm in line. They are averaging around 75 seconds

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby ChiefBeef234 on July 21st, 2019, 5:56 pm
And it's broke. Someone came down and said it's a completely new problem so they don't know how to fix it. Looks like it involves something with the stations restraint release system.

ChiefBeef234

Postby anewman35 on July 21st, 2019, 6:03 pm
ChiefBeef234 wrote:And it's broke. Someone came down and said it's a completely new problem so they don't know how to fix it. Looks like it involves something with the stations restraint release system.

Interesting. I was just at the park and left around 5 and it seemed fine - line was marked at about 75 minutes when I walked by at about 4:30, but it didn't LOOK that long (although this was the first time I had been at the park since it was open, so I was wondering if it was really THAT slow). Went on Whizzer (with a marked 15 minute line, might have been a little more than that), when I walked back to Maxx Force it was marked 30 minutes... I tried to convince my daughter to wait with me and she didn't want to. Maybe we dodged a bullet there...
anewman35

Postby ChiefBeef234 on July 21st, 2019, 6:57 pm
After about an hour they let everyone that was still in line on but kept the line closed. They are still trying to fix it after everyone rode but they've been consistently sending trains with nobody on it. They said it probably won't open for the rest of the day

ChiefBeef234

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 22nd, 2019, 11:36 am
Any updates on the station and queue?

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Tardis1972 on July 22nd, 2019, 11:45 am
Yeah Maxx Force experienced several break downs(or down time) yesterday including onnce while I was in line for it. From what I could see they were looking at the back of one of the trains so yeah there must of been some kind of restraint issue. This happened before the final break down that took the coaster out of operation for rest of the day.
Tardis1972

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 22nd, 2019, 12:08 pm
Maxx Force opened with the park today and has been running consistently thus far.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Falcon on July 22nd, 2019, 12:51 pm
How are the crowds? With this beautiful weather I'm considering going after work to get another lap or two
Falcon

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 23rd, 2019, 8:35 pm
^Yesterday from the facebook group, for X-Flight, I've seen so many people that you would not imagine it. Think about the logic of people. They think (last week), it's 95 something degrees, let's not go. It's too hot. Stay home. Let's see a movie instead, or they just go to the waterpark, and that's it. Than, here comes 70 degrees, and the perfect weather for both an amusement park / waterpark (in regards for attendance for Great America) is about 82 degrees. Plus, I THINK (Not sure), they have a bring a friend for 1/2 price thing going on because Six Flags is like it was 95 stinking degrees last week, and no one came. Our numbers are down. Let's have bring friends for 1/2 price this week to get people back to the park after we lost so many people last week.

In general, people look at weather. People LOVE, LOVE good weather days. They come in droves. People hate bad weather days such as rainy, really cold, or really warm days. People stay away, and than the NEXT day or days it gets to be a good weather day, people PILE in the park like it's the final day of the park's season.

And people on facebook were complaining about Monday it being broke down, and they had to wait 2 hours for Maxx Force. The first issue though was not the ride, but the 2nd issue was, and I don't know about anymore issues for yesterday. "Went down briefly at about 12:30 for a guest medical issue in the queue, which ride ops had to attend to while waiting first aid, then down again shortly after 1:00 for a sensor issue that took about 1/2 hour to fix."
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on July 23rd, 2019, 9:17 pm
Looking at the park again, I have to say that I'm grateful to have this as my homepark. The park is very well rounded. One of the best treated parks in the chain. My only complaint is that the park could use a little freshening up. Oh yeah... and the guests are getting out of hand. The only thing this park needs to be on top is that one stand out coaster. And it may come very soon. Again, grateful to have this as a homepark. Good coasters, good flats, decent waterpark. It has something for everyone to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on July 23rd, 2019, 9:24 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Looking at the park again, I have to say that I'm grateful to have this as my homepark. The park is very well rounded. One of the best treated parks in the chain. My only complaint is that the park could use a little freshening up.
Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

They could manage it/the rides a bit better. A lot of maintenance procedures are a bit outdated. The landscaping crew is in my opinion underappreciated. Carpentry has too many projects and too little resources/funds (paint crews and maintenance included too here I guess). I find it dumb that they put so much money into planning new gimmicks and diamond-elite-more-of-everything membership things when they could put it to good use in sprucing up the park and making rides more comfortable and efficient.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby UnclePennybags on July 24th, 2019, 6:42 pm
Was over by Monsoon Lagoon for hours. Noticed Maxx was booming infrequently. Sometimes I’d see it with people, sometimes without. It sounded like it was down much of the afternoon.

UnclePennybags

Postby UnclePennybags on July 24th, 2019, 7:39 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:Was over by Monsoon Lagoon for hours. Noticed Maxx was booming infrequently. Sometimes I’d see it with people, sometimes without. It sounded like it was down much of the afternoon.

Since about 6:00, Maxx has been booming a lot. About once every 3 to 5 minutes.

Last edited by UnclePennybags on July 24th, 2019, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum