Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 26th, 2019, 11:17 pm
^ Can anyone confirm this? In Coaster Nick's newest video, he sees these sensors that might be for photos at the bottom of the dog tongue.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on June 26th, 2019, 11:28 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Can anyone confirm this? In Coaster Nick's newest video, he sees these sensors that might be for photos at the bottom of the dog tongue.

You know, from Hurricane Harbor (HH), you can clearly see flashes at the top of the tongue, but I also thought I saw some lower. They were testing every three minutes or so for about an hour, so I had plenty of opportunity to see the flashes. From HH, the lower flashes were less visible.
UnclePennybags

Postby UnclePennybags on June 26th, 2019, 11:57 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Can anyone confirm this? In Coaster Nick's newest video, he sees these sensors that might be for photos at the bottom of the dog tongue.

You know, from Hurricane Harbor (HH), you can clearly see flashes at the top of the tongue, but I also thought I saw some lower. They were testing every three minutes or so for about an hour, so I had plenty of opportunity to see the flashes. From HH, the lower flashes were less visible.

I shot the full run in slo-mo looking from the perspective of HH. I just got done watching the video and I'm not sure about those flashes. As the train is coming back through the spiral, you can see bright flashes coming from all around the train itself. These are the lower flashes I saw. I'm guessing the train has highly reflective surfaces, and as the sun hits it at just the right angle, it looks like camera flashes. It's clear in the spiral that the flashes are coming from the train itself. The tongue was further away, so the flashes I saw may still be coming from the train, but they sure looked like they were coming from a stationary point.
UnclePennybags

Postby RobSFGAm on June 27th, 2019, 6:59 am
I posted a short video construction, but also added a bunch of off ride footage from multiple vantage point throughout the park (parking lot, by the entrance and HH, etc.). Some are continuous footage, there are edited to show the different elements from different angles throughout the ride).

https://youtu.be/VP-LOso7a-4

Enjoy
Rob
RobSFGAm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 27th, 2019, 10:11 am
^^^ Will I get an email if I am NOT chosen ?? This feels like waiting to hear back after an interview!

Also, Rob, a huge THANKS for all your videos!! Great work!

One thing I noticed: it seems the boom comes AFTER the train starts its launch. Is that correct?
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on June 27th, 2019, 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 27th, 2019, 10:18 am
^^ It's cool to see them testing trains that frequently! I hope they put those fins onto the roof of the station soon. Great progress! Thanks, Rob.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 27th, 2019, 10:47 am
One week till Maxx Force opens!!! Get hyped!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby cliffhanger on June 27th, 2019, 11:24 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:One week till Maxx Force opens!!! Get hyped!!!

Passholders and Members get to ride on the third!
cliffhanger

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 27th, 2019, 11:26 am
cliffhanger wrote:

True but I mean open to the public.

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby coasterlove on June 27th, 2019, 11:59 am
cliffhanger wrote:

So...basically 80-90% of the Six Flags crowds. ;-)

In all seriousness, I actually wonder the percentage of people who are daily ticket buyers as opposed to some pass or membership.
coasterlove

Postby Tardis1972 on June 27th, 2019, 12:08 pm
cliffhanger wrote:

Not only that but the T-shirt event will also take place on the third.
Tardis1972

Postby RobSFGAm on June 27th, 2019, 1:08 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^^^ ...One thing I noticed: it seems the boom comes AFTER the train starts its launch. Is that correct?

Yes, it is a few seconds after the launch that the sound/boom occurs.
RobSFGAm

Postby gottastrata33 on June 27th, 2019, 3:28 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^^^ ...One thing I noticed: it seems the boom comes AFTER the train starts its launch. Is that correct?

It’s testing now & it’s not as loud as I thought it would be but still hella loud! I havent Been too close to it though when it’s tested. It launched when I was At the top of Demon & that View was fantastic.
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 27th, 2019, 3:30 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
RobSFGAm wrote:

It’s testing now & it’s not as loud as I thought it would be but still hella loud! I havent Been too close to it though when it’s tested. It launched when I was At the top of Demon & that View was fantastic.
Did the launch look as insane from above as from the ground?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on June 27th, 2019, 3:31 pm
YES! It was a great perspective.

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 27th, 2019, 6:33 pm
I hope the weather holds out for the members ERT. Is anyone else planning on being there for the membership preview?
If so, would anyone be interested in a meet up?

SaveTheWAVE

Postby hgonzo on June 27th, 2019, 9:04 pm
I'll be there with the family!
hgonzo

Postby CoasterNick3157 on June 27th, 2019, 11:13 pm
That boom seems to happen as soon as the launch car releases the car.
CoasterNick3157

Postby CoasterNick3157 on June 27th, 2019, 11:14 pm
Ill be there don't want to have to come july 4th with the madness
CoasterNick3157

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 28th, 2019, 8:30 am
CoasterNick3157 wrote:That boom seems to happen as soon as the launch car releases the car.
I use the boom to attempt to get accurate readings when timing the launch. I've had results as low as 1.69 seconds and as high as 1.83 seconds. I attribute the difference in times to human error as I'm collecting times on an independent device while watching a video of the launch.
That being said, Maxx Force might be at full speed shortly before the boom.
It's hard to tell.

Last edited by SaveTheWAVE on June 28th, 2019, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on June 28th, 2019, 1:35 pm
I plan on going July 7th. So everyone who’s in the shoot & doin all the ERTs etc let me know your thoughts!
gottastrata33

Postby Johnska on June 28th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Anyone know what the crowds for Maxx Force will be like for the preview on the 3rd? Not sure if I want to go, especially if I'll be having to wait in the queue for a couple hours.
Johnska

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 28th, 2019, 7:18 pm
I'm gonna go. Get there early.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 28th, 2019, 7:30 pm
Johnska wrote:Anyone know what the crowds for Maxx Force will be like for the preview on the 3rd? Not sure if I want to go, especially if I'll be having to wait in the queue for a couple hours.

Who really knows? With that low of capacity for a ride, my guess is a 2 hour - 3 hour wait PLUS if the mechanics have to weld something (like they just did a few days ago - Someone said on this forum, lol). I'm not riding it till maybe September. It's just going to be too packed. So, have fun in that long line.

My opinion is that if you really want to ride this ride faster, get to the park even 1 hour earlier than the rest of the people. This is the ride that will always be crowded unless it's really horrible. It's a roller coaster in the front of the park, so it takes no time to get to. It's also a ride that has missed a months worth of people, so you know that everyone is so antsy to get on this ride.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby jmanporty7 on June 28th, 2019, 10:55 pm
Does SFGAm really have that many members that it would be a 2-3 hour line? (During 11am to 3pm when it's just the members preview)
jmanporty7

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum