Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on June 21st, 2019, 12:47 pm
If this does well here, I cant Wait to see who else is gonna get one next year. Then again - Wonder Woman did fantastic & I was shocked when no other park got one in the entire world this year sooo who knows.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on June 21st, 2019, 12:48 pm
I thought Wonder Woman had problems and reliability issues when it opened. Maybe that's why parks are holding off for now.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on June 21st, 2019, 1:13 pm
Wow, maybe. Didn’t hear that but no idea. I was In just as much shock when no one else in CF/SF got a wing coaster though as well.
gottastrata33

Postby SycoCoasterDad on June 21st, 2019, 2:05 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Wow, maybe. Didn’t hear that but no idea. I was In just as much shock when no one else in CF/SF got a wing coaster though as well.

CP installed Gatekeeper the next year (2013) following opening of X-Flight (2012).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SycoCoasterDad

Postby gottastrata33 on June 21st, 2019, 4:09 pm
SycoCoasterDad wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Wow, maybe. Didn’t hear that but no idea. I was In just as much shock when no one else in CF/SF got a wing coaster though as well.

CP installed Gatekeeper the next year (2013) following opening of X-Flight (2012).

That’s why I put both CF & SF in there meaning no ones gotten one except us/CP in both chains. I wasn’t that clear. But - You’d think after one, each chain would have at least installed another. Especially CF. But it kinda makes it nice that there’s only 4 in the US as it still makes it unique. Also I’m sure $$$ is an issue, at least for SF it is.

So I’m interested to see if anyone gets one one these air launchers in the next year. Id love to see one (not a clone) at SFOG & SFNE. No one else really makes sense to be honest cause Freeze is at St. Louis & OT. Poltergeist is at SFTT. MM has enough lol. SFGADv has Ka & the others ...eh idk. Anywhere else anyone would think it’d be a nice fit for?
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 21st, 2019, 4:28 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdwPtqJQ-OE&t=6s
It`s a little late, but here is the video I took of the last car of train 2 of Maxx Force being put into the storage shed. I used my work computer to copy and paste the link lol
I felt that vertical filming would focus on the car better. Apologies.
Last edited by SaveTheWAVE on June 21st, 2019, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 21st, 2019, 4:31 pm
I honestly hope we're the only park to get one in the chain.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on June 21st, 2019, 11:21 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I honestly hope we're the only park to get one in the chain.

That would be pretty epic. Whoa - were the only one in the chain with a wooden RMC too. Only one with a wing coaster & the last one with a racing woodie. I’m sure theres more but - You guys, we really do have a great park. Let’s be more proud instead of complaining so much!
gottastrata33

Postby ChiefBeef234 on June 22nd, 2019, 12:34 am
gottastrata33 wrote:

That would be pretty epic. Whoa - were the only one in the chain with a wooden RMC too. Only one with a wing coaster & the last one with a racing woodie. I’m sure theres more but - You guys, we really do have a great park. Let’s be more proud instead of complaining so much!
First Batman (first inverted looping), Only Hyper-Twister, first B&M (rip wolfy), one of two remaining Schwarzkopf Speedracer, 1950s coaster (little Dipper), and Only coaster to be built by six flags themselves (viper).

The park has also held multiple records throughout its history for rides and collection of rides.

So yeah, I'd say our park is pretty special. Be glad we didn't get the short end of the straw like the Great America in California

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby anewman35 on June 22nd, 2019, 8:26 am

I'll never understand this mentality. If it's a good ride, why wouldn't you want it other places, so other people can experience it as well? And any new version, even a clone, would have at least some difference from ours (even if it's just the landscaping or something) and that's sometimes interesting to experience an alternate version of something you already know well.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on June 22nd, 2019, 8:58 am
I def see both sides to this but I think having something unique that no one else has is way more special than having something similar to another park. It makes you want to go there for said ride. I’ve traveled great distances to experience something unique. I wouldn’t for Batman the ride or the Joker. Ya know? But I have For something like Alpengeist - while similar to BTR, very different.

Now with what you’re saying on the other spectrum, I totally get it - I was Just at SFOG a couple days ago & found their Superman UF to be better than ours. It was after all made for that park but the terrain, tunnels & setting of theirs made it much more enjoyable. It was fun to compare the many differences between the two but I didnt go to OG for Superman...I went for what they have that we don’t. ;)
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 22nd, 2019, 9:12 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I def see both sides to this but I think having something unique that no one else has is way more special than having something similar to another park. It makes you want to go there for said ride. I’ve traveled great distances to experience something unique.
This is exactly how I'd say it. I know if we would have gotten Maxx Force as a clone from another park there would be people that would still complain. It's nice to have something no one else has. It's the fastest acceleration in North America! I don't want to see that cloned.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JT2002 on June 22nd, 2019, 10:36 am
JaminOut wrote:
JT2002 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:Is there any information of them holding a day where they do a promotional shoot like they did with Goliath? If so, I’d love to be able to get in there to do it.

The promotional shoot will be on the 29th and 30th

JT, where is the info posted? Have they sent out applications yet?

This is half a guess, half stuff I've heard through the grapevine
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 22nd, 2019, 11:13 am
B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 22nd, 2019, 11:22 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Full POV
https://www.facebook.com/10583866355/posts/10156200788891356?s=1207497755&v=e&sfns=mo
That's closer to a 1.6 second launch than 1.8 Holy canoly!!

SaveTheWAVE

Postby IssaCoaster on June 22nd, 2019, 11:52 am
That launch.... I'm scared. I thought they said 1.8 sec....
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on June 22nd, 2019, 11:57 am
I knew they were filming that ;D he still gotta break in but looks great.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 22nd, 2019, 12:02 pm
People already commenting how boring it looks and how short it is. Wait until you experience that launch!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on June 22nd, 2019, 12:05 pm
Maxx Force Commercial Shoot Extras Wanted

Must:
Be at least 18 years old
At least 48” tall
Be able to ride Maxx Force multiple times

Date: Sunday, June 30

Time: Arrive by 5:30am to check in and will film through 2:00pm (potential to go longer)

Attire: Brightly colored (not white), short-sleeve shirt without logos; can be solid or with simple pattern; collared or t-shirt style; shorts, cargo pants or jeans; sneakers or secured sandals; no large logo on shoes; no visible tattoos; no facial piercings; facial hair must be short and neat; no sleeveless shirts, no tank tops, no flip-flops. Hair must be a natural color.

Extras will receive snacks and drinks during the shoot. You will receive two (2) single-day tickets to Six Flags Great America for future visit(s) upon completion of the day. You will be expected to sign a release form and show proof of age with ID.

Please send your name, age and a headshot photo to be shared with our production team to sfgrpr@sixflags.com by 12:00pm on Tuesday, June 25.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on June 22nd, 2019, 12:06 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:People already commenting how boring it looks and how short it is. Wait until you experience that launch!

Good, keep the line short!
anewman35

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 22nd, 2019, 12:46 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:That launch.... I'm scared. I thought they said 1.8 sec....

I timed it
It’s over 2 seconds so I don’t think it’s full speed yet.

HOPEFULLY

Or they lied to us

LOL

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 22nd, 2019, 12:52 pm
1.8 seconds is how long it takes to reach full speed, not how long the launch is. The launch track could be longer than that time. So you'll reach 0-78 mph is 1.8 seconds, doesn't matter how long the launch track is.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on June 22nd, 2019, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on June 22nd, 2019, 12:58 pm
So I actually got less than 1.8. I timed from the initial launch, to when the train comes off of the launch mechanism. It was 1.6 or 1.7 or so.

Edit: 1.83 seconds. I honestly don't think it will be much of a difference. I don't care how long it is, I care how the launch is going to feel.
IssaCoaster

Postby coasterlove on June 22nd, 2019, 2:58 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I def see both sides to this but I think having something unique that no one else has is way more special than having something similar to another park. It makes you want to go there for said ride. I’ve traveled great distances to experience something unique. I wouldn’t for Batman the ride or the Joker. Ya know? But I have For something like Alpengeist - while similar to BTR, very different.

Now with what you’re saying on the other spectrum, I totally get it - I was Just at SFOG a couple days ago & found their Superman UF to be better than ours. It was after all made for that park but the terrain, tunnels & setting of theirs made it much more enjoyable. It was fun to compare the many differences between the two but I didnt go to OG for Superman...I went for what they have that we don’t. ;)

Agreed with what you said.

Personally, I'd want to see other layouts, not just for the sake of SFGAm having a unique ride but also giving me more incentive to visit other parks. Even if the records of Maxx Force are broken sooner rather than later, I'd more bummed by clones of it popping up across the Six Flags chain. It's nice visiting other parks and experiencing new coasters with different designs. When I went to SFOT a couple months ago, I rode Batman and Joker to add them to my count, not so much because I expected anything different. I was far more interested in New Texas Giant and Titan among others. Same for other parks. I went to Valleyfair! and rode whatever they call their impulse coaster and I knew it would be the same as V2 other than the fact they were still using the hold break at that time in 2009, maybe 2010? Riding new coasters is the reason I like to travel to new parks. Cloned coasters doesn't help to incentivize me to visit a new park. I understand the business side of thing and that it might be cheaper to build clones but a new design is always preferred.
coasterlove

Postby anewman35 on June 22nd, 2019, 3:20 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather it not be cloned either, just because more parks with unique rides gives me more things to go on sometime. But unlike some of you, I don't somehow feel like our park is diminished if other parks build the same ride (or better ones). Our park experience doesn't actually change if they build 3 more Maxx Forces next year, or some clone that goes 2 mph faster. It's just a mental thing...
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum