Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby redrobinround on May 27th, 2019, 7:53 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:The weather isn't looking good for most of this week and next week for testing. Too much rain.. I hope they complete the station this week at least.
only 2 days and should only be morning showers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 27th, 2019, 8:27 pm
I'm going to predict we'll see the first test on the 31st. I don't have anything to back that up, but just a guess.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on May 28th, 2019, 12:06 pm
any word on testing

redrobinround

Postby chicagolandcoasters on May 28th, 2019, 12:28 pm
redrobinround wrote:any word on testing

I’m going to the park at 3. I’ll let y’all know if it starts testing.

Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby redrobinround on May 28th, 2019, 4:30 pm
anyone at the park that can show construction or tests?

redrobinround

Postby SaveTheWAVE on May 28th, 2019, 7:16 pm
I'm heading to the park tomorrow if anyone would like to meet up?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 28th, 2019, 7:26 pm
redrobinround wrote:anyone at the park that can show construction or tests?

Sadly no, I was just at the park and there was no sign of testing.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby redrobinround on May 28th, 2019, 7:31 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
redrobinround wrote:anyone at the park that can show construction or tests?

Sadly no, I was just at the park and there was no sign of testing.
any pics?

redrobinround

Postby ChicagoCoasters on May 28th, 2019, 8:25 pm
I was at the park today and from Superman you can see three chassis for the trains that are behind Condor. However there are two behind the transfer shed from what I can remember. I think this is true but I can't remember correctly. If it is true, this confirms the 4 car confusion.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SaveTheWAVE on May 29th, 2019, 10:23 am
Whizzer is testing with its leads. About to hop on and take a look at Maxx Force.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby redrobinround on May 29th, 2019, 12:26 pm
construction today?

redrobinround

Postby SaveTheWAVE on May 29th, 2019, 12:31 pm
redrobinround wrote:construction today?

Yep. Lots of concrete work: entrance and exit ramps, compressor building, parts of the queue. I took pics, will post soon. Also I got a peek at the launch from Whizzer's ground hugging turn; Holy #@$& is the runway short!!! Maxx Force is going to be bonkers.

SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 29th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Can't wait to see the pictures!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on May 29th, 2019, 2:07 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Can't wait to see the pictures!
I can't wait to ride this thing. I'm expecting some crazy forces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 29th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Once people begin to ride it all the complaining about how short it is should go away. Maxx is going to be insanely forceful and just the fact that you're going to experience an intense launch, go up 175 ft, a 60 mile an hour inversion, and overall 5 inversions total in that amount of time is crazy!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby rmceagle2021 on May 29th, 2019, 2:26 pm
MARCUS LESHOCK said that he would be talking to the park about maxx force. He will be doing a podcast all about it so we will have to see what infromation the park gives him.
rmceagle2021

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 29th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Hoping something new. They have been silent..
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 29th, 2019, 2:53 pm
rmceagle2021 wrote:MARCUS LESHOCK said that he would be talking to the park about maxx force. He will be doing a podcast all about it so we will have to see what infromation the park gives him.

Unfortunately if I remember correctly Marcus is taking a week off for the holiday this week so we’ll have to wait till next Thursday June 5th before he posts another one. By then hopefully we will have testing and a possible opening date.
B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 29th, 2019, 3:07 pm
I would like to know what they are planning on doing with the station and if those columns are actually for an airgate looking system.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 29th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Does anyone think this ride is going to be doing too much in such a short time / short layout? (like Vekoma SLCs) That's what I'm starting to think. 5 INVERSIONS in 20 seconds! I think Top Thrill and Mr. Freeze are awesome rides, but each ride only has 1 inversion. Top Thrill gets rid of it's speed by going up a HUGE tower. This ride is tiny compared to Top Thrill. The one in Japan has 1 large loop.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on May 29th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Does anyone think this ride is going to be doing too much in such a short time / short layout? (like Vekoma SLCs) That's what I'm starting to think. 5 INVERSIONS in 20 seconds! I think Top Thrill and Mr. Freeze are awesome rides, but each ride only has 1 inversion. Top Thrill gets rid of it's speed by going up a HUGE tower. This ride is tiny compared to Top Thrill. The one in Japan has 1 large loop.
I'm not going to worry too much about the amount of elements within the short layout. I trust that Six Flags and S&S are building a ride that won't become unrideable within the next 10 years. Especially because Six Flags doesn't want to see their money going to waste. The only inversion I see as a problem is the zero g roll. I'm comparing that to the barrel roll they removed on Maverick. But our's seems more drawn out and less of a death trap.

IssaCoaster

Postby RCTClassic on May 29th, 2019, 6:14 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:Does anyone think this ride is going to be doing too much in such a short time / short layout? (like Vekoma SLCs) That's what I'm starting to think. 5 INVERSIONS in 20 seconds! I think Top Thrill and Mr. Freeze are awesome rides, but each ride only has 1 inversion. Top Thrill gets rid of it's speed by going up a HUGE tower. This ride is tiny compared to Top Thrill. The one in Japan has 1 large loop.
I'm not going to worry too much about the amount of elements within the short layout. I trust that Six Flags and S&S are building a ride that won't become unrideable within the next 10 years. Especially because Six Flags doesn't want to see their money going to waste. The only inversion I see as a problem is the zero g roll. I'm comparing that to the barrel roll they removed on Maverick. But our's seems more drawn out and less of a death trap.

Totally agree with this, at first I thought of Maverick, but as I have seen the ride built out I have realized that this roll shouldn't be an issue because it is so much larger.
RCTClassic

Postby SaveTheWAVE on May 29th, 2019, 6:23 pm
People were sitting in the train in the storage shed. The roof of the station are raised metal slats. Lots of work on the station inside and out. Whizzer was open for business today. It gave a great ride as usual. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SaveTheWAVE

Postby IssaCoaster on May 29th, 2019, 6:41 pm
Great photos! Thank you sir!

IssaCoaster

Postby CoasterNick3157 on May 29th, 2019, 8:57 pm
Whats the deal with sky trek sometimes only open open till 2 or sometime 20 minutes and then closed all day and some all day, wind is not a factor my last 3 visits cause the flags were barely moving
CoasterNick3157

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum