Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on April 19th, 2019, 7:50 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Weekly construction update is now up on YouTube for 4/113 to 4/19 with footage from inside the park as well.

Good job Rob.
UnclePennybags

Postby gottastrata33 on April 20th, 2019, 1:24 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:That sign is going to be small :( What are they going to put in those windows? Just ride pictures??

Maybe my movie theatre movie poster idea will happen?? ;)
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on April 20th, 2019, 3:50 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:That sign is going to be small :( What are they going to put in those windows? Just ride pictures??

Maybe my movie theatre movie poster idea will happen?? ;)

They could make it work! Especially if they put some bad ass artwork in those frames!
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 20th, 2019, 6:49 am
I don't know. I thought of that, but I just don't see them actually doing that. It's a really cool idea though. I still really want them to have a formula one model car in the queue. Maybe some pictures of racing cars in history.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on April 20th, 2019, 8:59 am
I just think it’d be a neat tribute to Pictorium if they have the glass frames there. They’ll look pretty stupid blank. I just Hope they save the sign in a DéjàVu way. It took me a minute to realize BB used its old entrance. So if they do a great rehab on it I’ll be happy.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 20th, 2019, 10:22 am
Maxx is so intimidating when you're waiting in line to get in. Can't wait to see it closer!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on April 20th, 2019, 10:30 am
Yesterday some construction workers were unloading a truck and you could see it from Raging Bull's exit. At first I thought it was the trains since it looked like a truck that would bring them in. We left RB and came back later and it looks like it was just parts for the station decoration. If you look on the map or in the promos it looks like the decorations on top of the station that are red, black, and white.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby JT2002 on April 20th, 2019, 10:36 am
Aw man, I can just imagine, going up the helix lift on Wizzer, looking down, seeing Maxx Force launch and hit the dog tongue right over you just as you go down the first drop. I'm getting chills.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 20th, 2019, 11:52 am
I'm at the park. Lots of pics to come a little later when I get home. Maxx Force looks incredible in person!!
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on April 20th, 2019, 11:53 am
We thought they were trains too. But we saw they were panels of glass/plexi which we assumed was for the station.

Now that I’ve seen Maxx in person, I think it’s absolutely stunning. It’s so much bigger than I expected but takes up such a unique little amount of space, it blows my mind. Also loved riding RB & turning right at it. I cannot wait.
gottastrata33

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 20th, 2019, 1:09 pm
A few words about Maxx Force before I post pictures: The last time I was *this* intimidated by merely looking at a ride at SFGAM, Shockwave opened in 1988. I am blown away by its presence- it just oozes intensity-even without being fully constructed. Personally, I cannot wait for Maxx Force, and I’m eagerly waiting to see it’s full circuit.
*Please forgive the double post*
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 20th, 2019, 1:13 pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 20th, 2019, 1:50 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:We thought they were trains too. But we saw they were panels of glass/plexi which we assumed was for the station.

Now that I’ve seen Maxx in person, I think it’s absolutely stunning. It’s so much bigger than I expected but takes up such a unique little amount of space, it blows my mind. Also loved riding RB & turning right at it. I cannot wait.

Can someone send what pieces you're talking about? Also theyre repainting more around Maxx's entrance.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 20th, 2019, 2:14 pm
ImageImageImage
I didn’t see any red fiberglass pieces. However, work on the entrance sign, the station, and a shot of pieces of track in the parking lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 20th, 2019, 3:44 pm
They're painting the wooden posts grey and the sign looks like it is going to include grey as well.Image

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Jacklw6499 on April 20th, 2019, 4:12 pm
Something that hasn't really been mentioned is that drop and curve after the double inversion. That should be pretty intense and pull some good G's. That curve is so close to the ground too! I can't wait to see how this interacts with Whizzer, the train and Bull. The layout is pretty stellar, I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised with this ride despite its length.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 20th, 2019, 5:12 pm
^Maxx Force is going to be waaaaaaay more intense than people realize. I stand by that.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 20th, 2019, 5:31 pm
I still wish the park would make Maxx a character that is the best and fastest racer in North America. They should make the ride layout seem like it's a track that Maxx is racing on and include ride stats in the queue. If they have a cool station spiel, some theming (I still think a model formula one car would be so sick), and launch countdown and audio the ride will be a fun experience. Knowing Six Flags I am not trying to get my hopes up too much.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 20th, 2019, 6:54 pm
I reached out to the park. MF will not have a double loading station. I'm still hoping for 16 per train though.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on April 21st, 2019, 10:20 pm
Maxx Force looked amazing from Bull’s turnaround on ride.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby gottastrata33 on April 22nd, 2019, 1:50 pm
Now that everyone has seen it in person or from the pics we’ve posted, we have very little to talk about. Lol we’re all like Ok, now what? Is the ride done? ;D
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 22nd, 2019, 2:11 pm
I'd like to hear what you guys would want to see in the queue or extra theming that could add to the ride experience.

I think the movie poster idea is cool. I'd want to buy a Maxx Force movie poster in a shop if they sold some as merchandise. They would get a lot of money with those!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby cliffhanger on April 22nd, 2019, 4:00 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:They're painting the wooden posts grey and the sign looks like it is going to include grey as well.

They were sandblasting the entrance, thats just the raw metal frame. So it could be any color really.
cliffhanger

Postby SycoCoasterDad on April 22nd, 2019, 5:18 pm
It does tower over most of the park. This pic taken near the Revolution queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SycoCoasterDad

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 22nd, 2019, 5:41 pm
Whoever designs the signs/entrances for rides recently have done a pretty good job in my opinion. I think MGH, Goliath, and XF's signs are sweet looking. I really hope they won't just slap the Maxx Force logo onto the part of the sign where Pictorium's logo went..
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum