Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Fright Fest 2018

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Viper 88 on September 3rd, 2018, 11:39 am
Having that damn coaster thon is going to make FF opening weekend a colossal pain in the ass! Why couldn't they have it during one of the nights that the park closed at like 7pm in August? This was it would have been specifically fof the event and wouldn't take away from anyone elses experience. I'm telling you I could have the place running like a Swiss watch.
Viper 88

Postby anewman35 on September 3rd, 2018, 1:17 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Having that damn coaster thon is going to make FF opening weekend a colossal pain in the ass! Why couldn't they have it during one of the nights that the park closed at like 7pm in August? This was it would have been specifically fof the event and wouldn't take away from anyone elses experience. I'm telling you I could have the place running like a Swiss watch.

That seems unlikely. The Coaster Challenge thing starts early, before the park even opens, and Fright Fest doesn't really get too busy until much later in the day. And with Fright Fest starting so early the year it's going to be pretty dead by Fright Fest standards. You're worrying about something that really won't be a problem.
anewman35

Postby CoasterDave316 on September 4th, 2018, 9:01 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Having that damn coaster thon is going to make FF opening weekend a colossal pain in the ass! Why couldn't they have it during one of the nights that the park closed at like 7pm in August? This was it would have been specifically fof the event and wouldn't take away from anyone elses experience. I'm telling you I could have the place running like a Swiss watch.

Oh Yeah, sorry that a event that raises money for CHARITY inconveniences you.

I think the point is to make it on a date and time where the most amount of people can participate.
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby chrisisdragon on September 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm
I really hope that they put more effort into putting more effects into sky trek tower this year, and i hope they add more fog machines to the park this is also.
chrisisdragon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 5th, 2018, 4:32 pm
I feel like the past few years for Fright Fest have been pretty boring. So many rides aren't named to their FF names, the actors aren't that scary, correct me if I'm wrong, but the spiders weren't even on American Eagle, Revolution didn't have the loud sound effects, it wasn't up the par the past few years. I hope the park really makes it better this year.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby MrsTaxi on September 5th, 2018, 7:31 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I feel like the past few years for Fright Fest have been pretty boring. So many rides aren't named to their FF names, the actors aren't that scary, correct me if I'm wrong, but the spiders weren't even on American Eagle, Revolution didn't have the loud sound effects, it wasn't up the par the past few years. I hope the park really makes it better this year.

Agreed. It also seemed like there were fewer scare actors on the midway. We didn't even bother with the haunted houses last year.
MrsTaxi

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 6th, 2018, 11:14 pm
They have some new stuff for Fright Fest this year. One of them is Special Edition Zombie Nachos. It is nachos but with Takis instead of chips, topped with pulled BBQ, warm cheese sauce, sour cream, and explosive hot sauce. They also are going to have a LED light show on Mardi Gras Hangover with Hangover's lights. They are saying they will have New merchandise, specialty fudge flavors, and twists on your favorite foods. I don't know if this is new or not but they are also advertising night rides on the coasters in the pitch black dark. I think they have done this before but I'm not sure. They are also open on October 29, 30, and 31. They also have something going on called the Fright Fest Skeleton Quest Sweepstakes. All the information can be found here: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... northshore
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Jodon on September 7th, 2018, 9:57 am
I would suggest taking most of that email with a grain of salt. I'm guessing that the LED light show on MDH will just be the normal lights on MGH. The food is likely not going to change much outside of the Zombie Nachos, but given past years, I think those run out pretty quickly.
Jodon

Postby Viper 88 on September 7th, 2018, 10:21 am
MrsTaxi wrote:Agreed. It also seemed like there were fewer scare actors on the midway. We didn't even bother with the haunted houses last year.

I did the houses last year and let me tell you they were Meh. We learned to get the express because those lines are halacious, Well last year it would have been $100.00 for 2 express bands I say would have been. I don't know what the deal was if it was because we renewed our passes, or if it was a special or if the girl plain and simply was not paying attention, but she gave 2 express bands to me for $30.00 $15.00 a piece I asked her 3 times if that was right and she had the prices right next to her, plus they were plastered all over the walls I handed her the $30.00 and disappeared into the ether. I got my mom up off a bench and didn't stop til we were in Southwest then put the bands on I told her what the girl did and she didn' blame me one bit for hightailing it out of there like a bat outta hell! The best one had to be Massacre, Big top, Apocalypse (just to walk in Roaring Rapids), Infestation, Manslaughter with Gates of Hell dead last. I wouldn't mind 1 practically piss yourself haunted house 2 extremely scary ones or 3 very scary ones, its when you get into 4 5 and then 6 mediocre ones thats when It just gets to be meh.
Viper 88

Postby coasterfanatic on September 7th, 2018, 12:24 pm
They haven't named the rides the FF name for years. From what I've been told, it has confused the general public (those that only go to Great America once or twice) so they stopped doing it. They still tend to theme those rides they just don't change the name except for Terror Twister.

I wouldn't expect a lot out of FF. They are going to put their time and money into HITP, which they need to if they want it to work. I expect it to be about the same as the last few years. But nothing more!
coasterfanatic

Postby Viper 88 on September 7th, 2018, 12:45 pm
Oh the general public are a bunch of dips! It even says formerly on the Fright Fest attraction maps. Regardless of public intelligence they should still rename the rides for Fright Fest. It really adds to the feel, I mean they already nixed JPM and all of the fog machines taking away any more and you might as well forget it all together.
Viper 88

Postby coasterfanatic on September 7th, 2018, 1:00 pm
^^ I agree 100% but if they got a lot of complainants about it, then they were going to make the change. And this year there focus is HITP
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterkidd100 on September 11th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Wasn't the park supposed to be open this Saturday for Fright Fest? They took the hours off their website. The site claims that the park will only be open on Sunday to the public.

*Edit- So I closed the website and reopened it. Now it says they are open on Saturday for Fright Fest. Maybe I am just losing my mind.
coasterkidd100

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on September 11th, 2018, 6:55 pm
coasterkidd100 wrote:Wasn't the park supposed to be open this Saturday for Fright Fest? They took the hours off their website. The site claims that the park will only be open on Sunday to the public.

*Edit- So I closed the website and reopened it. Now it says they are open on Saturday for Fright Fest. Maybe I am just losing my mind.

Employee preview night is Thursday and a Buyout is Friday. Saturday is open for the public.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby coasterkidd100 on September 11th, 2018, 7:33 pm
^ I just totally realized that I was looking at Six Flags America's website and not ours.
coasterkidd100

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on September 11th, 2018, 10:24 pm
coasterkidd100 wrote:^ I just totally realized that I was looking at Six Flags America's website and not ours.

Oops!
Bobthebuilder645

Postby Kubman34 on September 12th, 2018, 11:57 am
Website shows the regular Haunted House wristbands are $17.99 this year, which is about half off what they were last year. Express is still $50.
Kubman34

Postby CoasterNick3157 on September 12th, 2018, 1:06 pm
Looks like they got rid of the season pass for haunted houses
CoasterNick3157

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on September 12th, 2018, 2:15 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:Looks like they got rid of the season pass for haunted houses

They still sell the all season haunt pass for $30, it's just not on the website. If you go to the page where you buy everything they have a listing for 2018 all season pass.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on September 12th, 2018, 2:18 pm
On the app there is a new zombie scare zone along with a picture scare zone in Carousel plaza. The zombie one is called Outbreak and the picture area is called the Menagerie.
Bobthebuilder645

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 12th, 2018, 10:30 pm
They updated the website again. It has two new scare zones: Outbreak (Hometown Square) and The Menagerie (Front Gate). The Menagerie seems like a scare zone with photo ops. You can take your pictures with the scare actors I guess. It seems pretty cool. There is also a new show called Shadow Hunters. It is in Yukon Territory but, not specified where. My guess, would be the Wilderness Theater.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby MrsTaxi on September 13th, 2018, 7:14 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:They updated the website again. It has two new scare zones: Outbreak (Hometown Square) and The Menagerie (Front Gate). The Menagerie seems like a scare zone with photo ops. You can take your pictures with the scare actors I guess. It seems pretty cool. There is also a new show called Shadow Hunters. It is in Yukon Territory but, not specified where. My guess, would be the Wilderness Theater.

Shadow hunters will be at the theater by Mooseburger.
MrsTaxi

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 13th, 2018, 1:53 pm
Well you guys have fun at Fright Fest I´ll just be enjoying the Thrills by Day part since I think Fright Fest is not a good event. Hmm it will be a good time to get my money out for a Flash Pass as crowds get insane...
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 13th, 2018, 2:59 pm
The water has been died red. Check the park's Instagram because the site won't let me post a picture of it.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 15th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Is the gorilla on STT this year?
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum