SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 4:56 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Six Flags literally spent $135 Million on CAPEX in 2017, the exact same amount that they spent in 2005 when Kingda Ka and Hurricane Harbor opened (Keep in mind Six Flags had more properties in 2005 than they do now)
You clearly have no sources and are either a rambling drunk or someone who has a vendetta against Six Flags... Maybe they rejected your application to play Bugs Bunny or hand out balloons back in the day, lol

Conversation with you is pointless.


You clearly think that is the ride budget,,oh foolish child. FYI, the reason SF bankrupt istheir revenue in 2005 in relation to spending. The formula prevents that foolishness.


About 60% is the ride budget (Which is adjustable and set on a year to year basis) CAPEX includes many other things, such as adding Holiday in the park which in turn generates more revenue in the long run.
Leading to a greater and greater slice of revenue for the CAPEX budget.

Six Flags could easily allocate a large sum of money to one park and simply add shows or skywarps to several others as well as relocate rides.

Six Flags went bankrupt, not because of Kingda Ka or Raging Bull or Tatsu. But because they added far too many rides and purchased way too many parks that offered little to no return. Projections were way too optimistic.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 385
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 1st, 2018, 5:02 pm
Alright can we please stop this leads us nowhere to what we are getting in 2019. Guys we need to defending ourselves in our claims we need to go back on topic before anything happens that can complicate the situations we are already in. This makes me wonder how worse can this get and if it was a good choice to make this thread. Now please back on topic.
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 338
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 5:09 pm
My apologizes for feeding the troll. At this point I'm leaning towards coaster for 2019. I thought it was originally going to be a Hurricane Harbor expansion, but the current surveyor marks stretching all the way back into the trees don't seem to indicate that.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 385
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2018, 5:59 pm
Guys, my inside sources claim that the Adjusted EDBITOMG has caused Six Flags to raise their CapEx for 2019 and because of it we are getting a single rail Aquatrax launched giga dive coaster in Pictorium’s former spot! LOL!
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 701
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 6:47 pm
JaminOut wrote:Guys, my inside sources claim that the Adjusted EDBITOMG has caused Six Flags to raise their CapEx for 2019 and because of it we are getting a single rail Aquatrax launched giga dive coaster in Pictorium’s former spot! LOL!


You're stupidity is noted and expected. A supposed top 3 park in the chain and your last fake coaster is a 1M superloop and the previous is a 7M carnival ride pseudo coaster. Let that ruminate fanboy
Last edited by Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

 
Posts: 309
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 6:52 pm
You say noted a lot, do you have notes on me? What do your notes say about me? Am I a fan boy?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby IssaCoaster on August 1st, 2018, 7:20 pm
Can we not do this.... please. I just want to speculate on what's coming. Not argue about who is smarter or who is right or wrong. It's just speculation.... nobody is completely sure about what's gonna happen. They may spend, they may not. They may buy a coaster, they may not. I just wanna know what coaster they're gonna build if they decide to build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 300
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 1st, 2018, 8:01 pm
I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 893
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby IssaCoaster on August 1st, 2018, 8:03 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.

I don't see a discovery frisbee because we already have revolution. Btw... does the super loop count as a "small" addition to the park?
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 300
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 11:06 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.

I don't see a discovery frisbee because we already have revolution. Btw... does the super loop count as a "small" addition to the park?


The real addition this year is Holiday in the park, the larson looper was just an added bonus. I wonder if they will add more climate friendly parks such as Discovery Kingdom and Over Texas to their 365 day a year schedule like they did with Magic Mountain.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 385
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2018, 11:31 pm
I believe Discover Kingdom already operates year round, just not 365 days a year. I’d suppose it’s because DK doesn’t have the LA tourism/traffic to justify being open.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 701
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby chicagoperson on August 1st, 2018, 11:58 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.


To me a flatride just seems impossible...that hill makes anything but a coaster seem unlikely, and i would hope Great America wouldn't waste the best real estate they've had since shockwave's departure on an unneeded water park expansion.
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

 
Posts: 23
Joined: March 23rd, 2014, 10:41 pm
Location: Chicago IL

Postby gottastrata33 on August 2nd, 2018, 2:55 am
Remember that time I said I’d like a dive machine & two pages of crazy happened?

Does anyone think we’re ever gonna see a Mack “Pulsar” come to one of the state parks? We saw it in concept art for Dubai (know that means very little).
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby anewman35 on August 2nd, 2018, 7:22 am
chicagoperson wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.


To me a flatride just seems impossible...that hill makes anything but a coaster seem unlikely, and i would hope Great America wouldn't waste the best real estate they've had since shockwave's departure on an unneeded water park expansion.


Just playing devil's advocate, what makes sense water park expansion more undeeded than a roller coaster? We get new coasters a lot more often than water park expansions...
anewman35

 
Posts: 1214
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 2nd, 2018, 11:10 am
Courtesy of Jiggidy NDG via Facebook

Looks like a construction trailer has now been added.

https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/photos/a.930099103860614.1073741960.152984551572077/930103063860218/?type=3


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 605
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby benneluke on August 2nd, 2018, 11:16 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Looks like a construction trailer has now been added.


That's been there for a while now. Not sure if it really means anything yet.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

User avatar
 
Posts: 59
Joined: April 28th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Postby JackGlass on August 2nd, 2018, 11:29 am
So far they've done a great job with keeping things silent. If this does turn out to be a coaster, I still hope they use Sky Treks Exit as an easy access entrance for Hurricane Harbor. They could just reroute Sky Treks exit like thy have at California's Great America
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 385
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby bearcub12 on August 2nd, 2018, 12:53 pm
Has anyone thought about the fact it could be a big indoors coaster? I'm sure it would be really hard to design, but now that SF has added Holiday At The Park, I think they'd have more indoors rides for all the people who don't feel like going on massive roller coasters in the freezing cold come November and December.
bearcub12

 
Posts: 7
Joined: August 2nd, 2018, 12:48 pm

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 2nd, 2018, 12:57 pm
bearcub12 wrote:Has anyone thought about the fact it could be a big indoors coaster? I'm sure it would be really hard to design, but now that SF has added Holiday At The Park, I think they'd have more indoors rides for all the people who don't feel like going on massive roller coasters in the freezing cold come November and December.


No just no
Please God no
We all know what happened the last time six flags tried to do a indoor coaster. Besides they don’t care about that for HITP. Emphasis is on the lighting and shows they will have going on for that and not the rides. Rides just are a added benefit.

My current prediction is either a multi inversion T-Rex or some type of launch coaster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 605
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby IssaCoaster on August 2nd, 2018, 1:36 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
bearcub12 wrote:Has anyone thought about the fact it could be a big indoors coaster? I'm sure it would be really hard to design, but now that SF has added Holiday At The Park, I think they'd have more indoors rides for all the people who don't feel like going on massive roller coasters in the freezing cold come November and December.


No just no
Please God no
We all know what happened the last time six flags tried to do a indoor coaster. Besides they don’t care about that for HITP. Emphasis is on the lighting and shows they will have going on for that and not the rides. Rides just are a added benefit.

My current prediction is either a multi inversion T-Rex or some type of launch coaster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know... this is just way out of the way, but what if Six Flags scraped V2 and got a larger version of Discovery Kingdom's Ultimate Flight? Wasn't there other models? But back on topic, I feel like a launch coaster would work well in the area... but I'm just scared Six Flags won't do it right. T-Rex you probably can't go wrong
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 300
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby IssaCoaster on August 2nd, 2018, 1:39 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
bearcub12 wrote:Has anyone thought about the fact it could be a big indoors coaster? I'm sure it would be really hard to design, but now that SF has added Holiday At The Park, I think they'd have more indoors rides for all the people who don't feel like going on massive roller coasters in the freezing cold come November and December.


No just no
Please God no
We all know what happened the last time six flags tried to do a indoor coaster. Besides they don’t care about that for HITP. Emphasis is on the lighting and shows they will have going on for that and not the rides. Rides just are a added benefit.

My current prediction is either a multi inversion T-Rex or some type of launch coaster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know... this is just way out of the way, but what if Six Flags scraped V2 and got a larger version of Discovery Kingdom's Ultimate Flight? Wasn't there other models? But back on topic, I feel like a launch coaster would work well in the area... but I'm just scared Six Flags won't do it right. T-Rex you probably can't go wrong
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 300
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby gottastrata33 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:02 pm
& there we have it. It’s a water park expansion.

Teaser is now up. Road to glory... but takes place in Riptide Bay.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:05 pm
Could be a false lead. Great America loves to throw us off but either way.

That's disappointing considering I never go into the Waterpark and don't see it as a huge asset.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2018, 3:06 pm
:( This sucks. It's weird the first teaser is out so early if its just for a waterpark addition. They spent a while showing "SPF 1,000" It probably means nothing but after finding out how many easter eggs are in previous teasers, I don't know what I should over think.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2018, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 893
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:10 pm
Don't jump to conclusions. It's only the 1st Teaser.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.