SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on August 1st, 2018, 10:43 am
How much do you think SFMM's likely to be Mack launch coaster is going to cost? Probably $18-$20 million. They ain't cheap and all rumors point to a Mack going to SFMM.
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 305
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 11:22 am
jmanporty7 wrote:How much do you think SFMM's likely to be Mack launch coaster is going to cost? Probably $18-$20 million. They ain't cheap and all rumors point to a Mack going to SFMM.


Likely according to whom? Fanboys talk from a video where the guy made a bunch of errors when talking about things. Can't wait for the disappointment when you people realize that the guy didn't know what he was talking about and he was talking about Carolina(carowinds) and not California. Carowinds Mack is confirmed, permits, actual imported freight containers from Mack with manifest of roller coaster and the receiver Carowinds. SF evidence? Btw, do you really think if SF was going to have a Mack Launch and Carowinds is confirmed, SF wouldn't have announced weeks early like last year. CF announcement is in 2 weeks along with Wonderland. It would have been just like last year. SF knew the Raptor was the best thing they were getting and didn't want CGA to over shadow them. CF best coaster coming was Steel vengeance so they weren't worried about the optics. If SFMM was really getting this they would have announced early just like last year, they haven't and aren't b/c it's not a Mack Launch. The disappointment of it not being a Mack could be compounded, as it may end up just being a revamp of the entire area which was dreadful. Throw in a thrill flat ride package of Turbillion, Skywarp Eclipse, Endeavour, etc... If it's a coaster it maybe a RMC Raptor(SF does not care about capacity) or some other inexpensive compact coaster like the new Vekoma Blitz.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby jmanporty7 on August 1st, 2018, 11:37 am
I forgot where I saw this, but a little while back I saw an interview with Mack and they stated a they are building a coaster out in califonia. Right now, the only park out in california that has any sort of large land development is SFMM. Whether it's a regular launch coaster, or one of the new spinning coaster concepts (Cobra's Curse or Time Traveler), I am 99% sure SFMM is getting some sort of Mack coaster.
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 305
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 11:59 am
jmanporty7 wrote:I forgot where I saw this, but a little while back I saw an interview with Mack and they stated a they are building a coaster out in califonia. Right now, the only park out in california that has any sort of large land development is SFMM. Whether it's a regular launch coaster, or one of the new spinning coaster concepts (Cobra's Curse or Time Traveler), I am 99% sure SFMM is getting some sort of Mack coaster.


It's from the video already referenced. The guy made a bunch of errors, There is no actual evidence, it's SF fanboys thinking suddenly SF is going to spend 20M though they keep reiterating their cap exp formula even with adding new parks.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 12:06 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:A Dive machine is totally possible. Sheikra only cost $13.5 Million so that's well within Six Flags budget.


Please list all the $18M rides SF has bought since bankruptcy? The Answer is none! That's what its 2005 cost to translates to with inflation


Are you using a core inflation calculator? How did you come to that $18 Million number? Alpengeist was built in 1997 and it cost $20 Million and Its length is 3,828 feet. Banshee was just built in 2014 and it cost $24 Million and its length is 4,124 feet. Banshee also has new state of the art B&M trains. That doesn't seem like a big price increase at all despite the fact that almost 20 years had passed.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 392
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2018, 2:14 pm
For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

If we all just ignore his arrogant bullsh*t, he’ll just disappear.

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 701
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:28 pm
JaminOut wrote:For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

If we all just ignore his arrogant bullsh*t, he’ll just disappear.

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)


Your inferiority complex is noted! EBIDTA, per caps, etc..scary complex words? LOL
Last edited by Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 1st, 2018, 2:35 pm
Mods are non existence here period

JaminOut wrote:For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

If we all just ignore his arrogant bullsh*t, he’ll just disappear.

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)
CoasterNick3157

User avatar
 
Posts: 431
Joined: April 4th, 2008, 11:35 pm
Location: Yorkville, IL

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 2:44 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

If we all just ignore his arrogant bullsh*t, he’ll just disappear.

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)


Your inferiority complex is noted! EBIDTA, per caps, etc..scary complex words? LOL
His point is that you use complex words incorrectly, not that it's a complaint against you.

You're interpretation of discussion needs work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:50 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

If we all just ignore his arrogant bullsh*t, he’ll just disappear.

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)


Your inferiority complex is noted! EBIDTA, per caps, etc..scary complex words? LOL
His point is that you use complex words incorrectly, not that it's a complaint against you.

You're interpretation of discussion needs work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


LOL. Nice try never used the words he claimed and I use financial terms correctly. He's in his SF fanboy fantasy. I'm sure EBIDTA rattles his small mind to understand it and why the industry thinks it's such a good metric.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:50 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

If we all just ignore his arrogant bullsh*t, he’ll just disappear.

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)


Your inferiority complex is noted! EBIDTA, per caps, etc..scary complex words? LOL
His point is that you use complex words incorrectly, not that it's a complaint against you.

You're interpretation of discussion needs work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


LOL. Nice try never used the words he claimed and I use financial terms correctly. He's in his SF fanboy fantasy. I'm sure Adjusted EBIDTA rattles his small mind to understand it and why the industry thinks it's such a good metric.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 3:00 pm
For someone who tries so hard to act like a sophisticated adult, you sure love to overuse "LOL".

No one here likes your "I'm always right" attitude so you can either keep the discussion on topic or continue to ramble on and on about your so-called superior intellect and we'll continue to not care.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 3:18 pm
Sven18 what is the maximum amount that Six Flags can spend on a single roller coaster? Has Jim Reid Anderson or anyone on the board of directors specifically said "We won't spend X amount on a single ride"? If so, please post the source! Thanks!
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 392
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 3:29 pm
You picked the right person to ask that question. He's got all the insider information.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 3:32 pm
JackGlass wrote:Sven18 what is the maximum amount that Six Flags can spend on a single roller coaster? Has Jim Reid Anderson or anyone on the board of directors specifically said "We won't spend X amount on a single ride"? If so, please post the source! Thanks!


I was waiting for the expected Lucy/Charlie Brown football logic. You SF fanboys keep foolishly hoping SF will finally let you kick the football. They can't and haven't bought expensive coasters for a reason. It's been explained 100 times, but the facts hurt fanboys
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 3:38 pm
Pretty sure he was asking a question politely but once again you gave a rambling response about how Six Flags sucks and doesn't buy expensive attractions.

Why did you even bother reply?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 3:41 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Sven18 what is the maximum amount that Six Flags can spend on a single roller coaster? Has Jim Reid Anderson or anyone on the board of directors specifically said "We won't spend X amount on a single ride"? If so, please post the source! Thanks!


I was waiting for the expected Lucy/Charlie Brown football logic. You SF fanboys keep foolishly hoping SF will finally let you kick the football. They can't and haven't bought expensive coasters for a reason. It's been explained 100 times, but the facts hurt fanboys


So in other words you have no sources what so ever, and can't answer a simple question. I saw your Grobble account on youtube too on Coaster Nets videos, using that same Charlie Brown and the football line. You sir need to get a life, lol
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 392
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 4:01 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Sven18 what is the maximum amount that Six Flags can spend on a single roller coaster? Has Jim Reid Anderson or anyone on the board of directors specifically said "We won't spend X amount on a single ride"? If so, please post the source! Thanks!


I was waiting for the expected Lucy/Charlie Brown football logic. You SF fanboys keep foolishly hoping SF will finally let you kick the football. They can't and haven't bought expensive coasters for a reason. It's been explained 100 times, but the facts hurt fanboys


So in other words you have no sources what so ever, and can't answer a simple question. I saw your Grobble account on youtube too on Coaster Nets videos, using that same Charlie Brown and the football line. You sir need to get a life, lol


Sorry facts hurt the SF fanboys. Your last "coaster" was a superloop and the one before a 7M carnival ride that has much shorter lines and the lines are only really b/c of the really bad capacity ---Good Grief ...CharlieBrown
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 4:02 pm
*Grabs popcorn.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 4:07 pm
Yeah and from 2003 all the way up to 2012 we had nothing but kiddie coasters (Ragin Cajun, Dark Knight, Little Dipper) and all of a sudden we got X-Flight. You keep tossing the word "fan boy" around. Good God sir.... you spend more time on Six Flags forums than every member here combined, lol Please site your source that specifically states that Six Flags will not spend "X" amount on a Roller Coaster. Your imagination doesn't count as a source!
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 392
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 4:15 pm
JackGlass wrote:Yeah and from 2003 all the way up to 2012 we had nothing but kiddie coasters (Ragin Cajun, Dark Knight, Little Dipper) and all of a sudden we got X-Flight. You keep tossing the word "fan boy" around. Good God sir.... you spend more time on Six Flags forums than every member here combined, lol Please site your source that specifically states that Six Flags will not spend "X" amount on a Roller Coaster. Your imagination doesn't count as a source!


Try understanding their financials which you won't and you know why they haven't and aren't buying a 20M om a Mack Launch coaster. Now when they don;t I' know their will be crickets with internal whining. You people have battered wife syndrome with SF.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 4:19 pm
.... And he dodges the question again!

.... Clearly doesn't understand how a speculation forum works.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 4:25 pm
Six Flags literally spent $135 Million on CAPEX in 2017, the exact same amount that they spent in 2005 when Kingda Ka and Hurricane Harbor opened (Keep in mind Six Flags had more properties in 2005 than they do now)
You clearly have no sources and are either a rambling drunk or someone who has a vendetta against Six Flags... Maybe they rejected your application to play Bugs Bunny or hand out balloons back in the day, lol

Conversation with you is pointless.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 392
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 4:27 pm
I would use the word conversation more loosely in this topic....his most active topic. No matter what you say the response will always be the same.
#SixFlagsisBest #SixFlagsFanForLife
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 4:33 pm
JackGlass wrote:Six Flags literally spent $135 Million on CAPEX in 2017, the exact same amount that they spent in 2005 when Kingda Ka and Hurricane Harbor opened (Keep in mind Six Flags had more properties in 2005 than they do now)
You clearly have no sources and are either a rambling drunk or someone who has a vendetta against Six Flags... Maybe they rejected your application to play Bugs Bunny or hand out balloons back in the day, lol

Conversation with you is pointless.


You clearly think that is the ride budget,,oh foolish child. FYI, the reason SF went bankrupt is multiple years of their revenue in relation to spending. They also had ADJ EBIDTA to debt ratio of 9 to 1 compared to about 3 or 3.5 to 1 now. The formula prevents this foolishness.
Last edited by Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.