Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Does any roller coaster currently go 0-100 mph in less than 2 seconds?
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 9th, 2018, 3:37 pm
Who said anything about 100MPH?

I don't know any Coasters that fast that I can think of off the top of my head, Kingda Ka is faster than Top Thrill Dragster both in top speed and acceleration but still not by much. It goes from 0 mph - 128 mph in 3.5s.

Edit: Formula Rossa is even faster than that with an acceleration 0 mph - 149.1 mph in 4s.
Last edited by Goku1910 on August 9th, 2018, 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on August 9th, 2018, 3:43 pm
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on August 9th, 2018, 3:44 pm
JackGlass wrote:Does any roller coaster currently go 0-100 mph in less than 2 seconds?

https://rcdb.com/1423.htm
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2018, 3:46 pm
staticshadows wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Does any roller coaster currently go 0-100 mph in less than 2 seconds?

https://rcdb.com/1423.htm

Cool Thanks!
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 9th, 2018, 3:47 pm
Hm, I wasn't actually familiar with that one.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2018, 3:50 pm
The reason I brought up the 0-100 mph, is because I'm trying to think what record could be broken if this is indeed a Roller Coaster and that is a record spinning in the background.
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 9th, 2018, 3:51 pm
I'm waiting for this all to be "too good" to be true, and they add Buzzy Bees back to that park. I kind of miss the looks of that ride. Even if It's a kiddie ride, I used to like that ride a lot. I probably would ride it again if they bring it back, but I would either go early or late to avoid the kids.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2018, 3:52 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I'm waiting for this all to be "too good" to be true, and they add Buzzy Bees back to that park. I kind of miss the looks of that ride. Even if It's a kiddie ride, I used to like that ride a lot. I probably would ride it again if they bring it back, but I would either go early or late to avoid the kids.

:lol:
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 9th, 2018, 3:53 pm
I'm starting to get a full throttle short circuit coaster vibe here. Part of me thinks that's exciting and part of me hates the idea. If we were getting a lunched I would love to have something compact like a Mack.

I can dream. :roll:
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2018, 3:58 pm
I've never been on Full Throttle, but it looks decent from all the videos I've seen on youtube. I wouldn't mind something similar.
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Critique on August 9th, 2018, 4:19 pm
The teaser seemed to have an emphasis on speed. It showed the guy going down the slide in 2 seconds and said "you can do better" that doesn't really make sense as a watercoaster or any other kind of waterslide wouldn't go faster than that. Also, I went back into the ride naming survey, and it kept asking about names of rides with fast acceleration and large inversions. Call me crazy, but could we be seeing the Dodonpa of the United States?
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby Coaster Critique on August 9th, 2018, 4:22 pm
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby benneluke on August 9th, 2018, 4:34 pm
Goku1910 wrote:...did anyone bother to notice the colors stripes in the background of the "road to glory" intro? Play the video back in 1080p and you'll faintly see them. There's also a Justice league Towel on the chair.

Um. No. Just, no. People are looking WAY to much into these teasers. The Justice league towel has nothing to do with anything. They just grabbed a towel from the gift shop as a prop. And the rainbow? Really? Its part of the stock footage.

https://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/926 ... light.html
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby gottastrata33 on August 9th, 2018, 4:50 pm
LOL

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2018, 4:51 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:LOL

?
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 9th, 2018, 4:51 pm
I'm looking way too far into it? Says the guy who put in the effort to find the stock footage Six Flags used. :lol:
It just so happened to be Justice League common colors and considering how much SF loves DC ride names right now it made sense to point out.
Goku1910

Postby ernstwhere on August 9th, 2018, 5:05 pm
I did the name survey yesterday. There were several marketing questions about the name 'Maxx Force' and questions about names in categories like: fastest acceleration, fastest inversion, etc. Very detailed. Looks like the big clue in the new teaser is 2 seconds. I'm down with the vinyl record spinning in the background theory too, seems conspicuous when any background could have been used.
ernstwhere

Postby benneluke on August 9th, 2018, 5:10 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Says the guy who put in the effort to find the stock footage Six Flags used. :lol:

Ehh. Wasn't that hard. Just googled "Spinning record stock footage" took less than two minutes. I wasn't singling you out perse. I just find it hilarious how deep people get. Soon someone will count the checkers on the guy's shorts and claim they found a code telling them the name of the ride. :lol:
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Well.... if we get a launched coaster next year, at least we know for a fact based on California's Great America that a Raptor could fit in Buccaneer Battles plot of land when the time comes, lol
JackGlass

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 9th, 2018, 5:24 pm
I'm really hoping it's not a let down. Allthough for a water coaster, I enjoyed Mammoth at Holiday World and Thunder Rapids at Fiesta Texas so if it's something in those lines I would be happy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 9th, 2018, 5:51 pm
Things are really heating up in the SFGAM fandom! :lol:

Ok now I'm definitely leaning toward a launch of some sort. :shock: Maybe they're teasing in HH because it has a water feature of some sort? Who knows at this point? Grasping at straws here, don't mind me..
AirTimeDaz

Postby Coaster Critique on August 9th, 2018, 6:21 pm
I really hope it ends up being an S&S launch. Powder Keg at SDC is criminally underrated.
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby jmanporty7 on August 9th, 2018, 6:55 pm
This second teaser scares me that it is going to be a water park expansion. Normally I wouldn't mind a water park expansion because Six Flags has been so good to our park in recent years, and also the fact that it will be 8 years in 2019 since the water park has had any upgrade. But this plot of land is so good to pass up on a coaster.

If we are getting a coaster, I think it will be the fastest accelerating coaster. Whether that record stands out for the whole world or just North America or even just the USA, it will break that record in sort of way. We could be seeing S&S come in to do this, and it could be a newer take on Do-Dodonpa. So far I see no clue in the two teasers that says anything about what its top speed could be, but the 1000 to me means length in meters, so basically 3,280 feet.

These are just the vibes I'm getting, I don't know about you guys.
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 9th, 2018, 7:22 pm
I am stumped. I really think it's a launch coaster that reaches its max speed in less than 2 seconds, but the second teaser taking place in Hurricane Harbor as well as the first throws me off.

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum