Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on June 15th, 2018, 9:06 pm
Lightning Rod is a prototype coaster after all, it's not unusual for prototype rides to experience problems.
jmanporty7

Postby Coaster Justin on June 16th, 2018, 2:16 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Lightning Rod is a prototype coaster after all, it's not unusual for prototype rides to experience problems.

What about Steel Vengeance?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby ilrider on June 16th, 2018, 9:20 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Lightning Rod is a prototype coaster after all, it's not unusual for prototype rides to experience problems.

It barely ran its entire first season and parts of the second. I understand prototypes will have some issues, but I would just prefer to not install a ride that is going to be down all the time in our park. If they feel confident they learned their lessons from LR and could install a more reliable launcher, then I would be cool with it.
ilrider

Postby WolfRaging95 on June 17th, 2018, 1:46 am
JiggidyNDG has posted some interesting pictures of some trees cut down along Whizzer and the tracks. What ever is coming next year looks to be a decent size. https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pho ... =3&theater
WolfRaging95

Postby staticshadows on June 17th, 2018, 11:33 am
WolfRaging95 wrote:JiggidyNDG has posted some interesting pictures of some trees cut down along Whizzer and the tracks. What ever is coming next year looks to be a decent size. https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pho ... =3&theater

Or the trees needed to be removed in order to paint Whizzer. Some of the trees that were marked next to the train last year were already dead.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 17th, 2018, 11:38 am
No matter what, we know that this is where the 2019 addition will be, so I'm definitely thinking tree clearing is for this addition, and not for painting Whizzer.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby AirTimeDaz on June 17th, 2018, 1:10 pm
Uh oh i'm getting excited, but I have to remember to temper my expectations. The more I get my hopes up, the more i'll go into a blackout rage if it's all for an exciting and thrilling new wahoo lazy river. :?
AirTimeDaz

Postby RandomDoof on June 17th, 2018, 4:30 pm
So if the clearing is to be believed to be for whatever's coming in 2019 and not for painting Whizzer, I made this map showing what I think the extent of the new attraction would be.

The outline is based on aerial shots and images showing the clearing behind HFM & Whizzer. I'm pretty good with the outline and I added a little speculation with the Red being the queue area (or if its a HH expansion, the queue and maybe an area for more chairs? idk) and the Blue being the ride area.

Also if the outlines not far off, the area that this takes is pretty large. Almost 60,000 squared feet!

I'm probably completely far off with whats happening, but hey, why not have fun? :lol:

RandomDoof

Postby RollingCoasting on June 17th, 2018, 5:26 pm
I don't think that queue is big enough.... :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 17th, 2018, 6:37 pm
^ Of course it's not. The line would still be blocking the pathways :lol: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby RandomDoof on June 17th, 2018, 7:03 pm
Maybe I made the queue a just a bit too big. :lol:

But besides the point, that area can fit in quite a large addition with that extra clearing.

Still not trying to hype when its prolly gonna be nothing :/
RandomDoof

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 8:56 pm
Pictorium just herd the lady say supposedly a roller coaster

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 8:56 pm
Lady just said supposedly a roller coaster

Last edited by Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 10:47 pm
Idk if this helps speculation the size is almost perfect for a golden lasso coaster but i hope for better theming like the flash Image

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby IssaCoaster on June 18th, 2018, 12:10 am
To be on the safe side, I'm still expecting an addition to the water park. That way if it is a coaster, I end up surprising myself. But if it were a coaster, wouldn't they have started putting footers down already? I've seen other parks put footers down for their 2019 coasters already. Also, with Orbit gone from the park, is there any chance we can get a Huss Giant Discovery in that spot or something similar to that kind of footprint? I know we have Revolution, but I think we should start thinking about some flat rides the park can add.
IssaCoaster

Postby RollingCoasting on June 18th, 2018, 12:22 am
^ The Lobster is located in Orbit's former spot
RollingCoasting

Postby IssaCoaster on June 18th, 2018, 12:33 am
RollingCoasting wrote:^ The Lobster is located in Orbit's former spot
Nevermind about that then[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. But what kind of flat ride do you think SFGAM is in need of?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby Coaster Justin on June 18th, 2018, 2:11 am
IssaCoaster wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:^ The Lobster is located in Orbit's former spot
Nevermind about that then[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. But what kind of flat ride do you think SFGAM is in need of?

Zamperla Giant Discovery
Funtime Star Flyer
Larson Flying Scooters

Coaster Justin

Postby HuskieJohn on June 18th, 2018, 2:55 pm
Hoping for you all hardcore people that its something spectacular since this is a rather big chunk of land.

I really hope they do not expand HH towards the main park. HH can expand into the parking lot little by little while the main park has very little areas to move outward.

One thing I would like to share is that as a season pass holder I get SF and SFGA surveys where they ask about ride concepts and names.

Based on the latest one from SFGA specifically they seemed set on adding a kiddie coaster. They were interested in my families opinion of the theme and ride looks for this coaster. A secondary question they were interested in my families usage of each kiddie area in the park. Our least visited area was Hometown Park (almost never visited) and the least visited kiddie ride outside of those areas was BB.

Thinking about that I wonder if they would ever clear and combine those areas for a bigger/better ride. That would also help attract people to the Demon...if anyone hasn't gotten their heads banged around lately.

The latest one from SF corporate was about a the naming of a duel racing (car like) coaster. I saw some mention of SF registering the name "Alleyway" something or other on this forum and as soon as I read that name I immediately thought that was one of the names that was an option.
HuskieJohn

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 18th, 2018, 3:40 pm
I still think it's a waterpark addition, and the water coaster. Let's say it's not. If it's not, I don't think it would be a thrill machine coaster because this park has been getting so many thrill coasters & thrill rides left and right with X-Flight, the Rmc ride, Joker, and they call the Larson Looper a coaster. For family stuff, Justice League is one of the few big additions, they have added. When is the last family coaster they added? - 8 years ago with the Little Dipper, and that kind of was a cheap investment / unplanned. Remember, they also removed another family coaster (Ragin Cajun) even though I didn't like it one bit.

To me, it just doesn't make sense with what they are doing to get your thrill machine coaster. They usually switch off in what they get, and they haven't done waterpark in awhile, and BRAND NEW kiddie rides (They have added kiddie rides, but they were a cheap investment being very old.) / family coaster either.

Take this into consideration also with the waterpark. Last addition was 2011. In 2019, that would be 8 years already without something new, if they don't add anything.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JT2002 on June 18th, 2018, 5:54 pm
On the matter of kiddie rides, I would love to see something better go in place of Camp Cartoon, which has been seeming to get worse and worse every year. Maybe that's for 2020 though?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Coaster Justin on June 20th, 2018, 6:37 pm
JT2002 wrote:On the matter of kiddie rides, I would love to see something better go in place of Camp Cartoon, which has been seeming to get worse and worse every year. Maybe that's for 2020 though?

DC Superfriends Land!!! or Bugs Bunny Boomtown

Coaster Justin

Postby IssaCoaster on June 20th, 2018, 7:41 pm
Question: with the Great Wolf lodge opening down the road, is SFGam and Great Wolf working together or something? Because if that is true, that may change my pespective of how much the park needs a HH addition.

IssaCoaster

Postby staticshadows on June 20th, 2018, 7:59 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Question: with the Great Wolf lodge opening down the road, is SFGam and Great Wolf working together or something? Because if that is true, that may change my pespective of how much the park needs a HH addition.

Not that I am aware of. Great Wolf is targeting families with young children and is offering a higher level product than Key Lime Cove or Six Flags. They brought in a guy who used to be the GM of Operations at Epcot to run the place.
staticshadows

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 20th, 2018, 8:16 pm
Any one know why key lime cove got sold

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum