Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on June 11th, 2018, 3:14 am
FINALLY! Hello everyone! I've been coming to this site for years and have never made an account. I've been coming here simce 2011. I've been going to the park since I was a baby. Now... the speculation I honestly have no idea. This park is unpredeictable. Honestly, when they announced Goliath I was surpsised(I heard they cut a lot of the layout that was supposed to be by the train station due to money constraints). I don't want to get my hopes up to much because I'd rather set the bar low and surprise myself. But I think the Six flags chain could surprise us all with our park because of its unpredictability... whether it be a bad surprise or a good one. I want it to be a big coaster, but I think it will be Wonder Woman clone. The capacity is bad... yes... but does Sixflags really care that much? I wish Sixflags would save money for a big addition to or three years in advance to start building big coasters again. I feel as if our Six Flags lacks that one intense coaster to cater to the hardcore thrill seekers. Btw, Cedar Point has been running ads for their park in the towns around the park. I got mail and have seen multiple commercials for it. I some of you have been saying that Sixflags has little to no competitors, but Cedar Point is going after SFGAM's crowd. Especially with the addition of Steel Vengeance. Do you think they should answer? Or can they have an appropiate answer in 2019?
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 11th, 2018, 3:51 am
IssaCoaster wrote:FINALLY! Hello everyone! I've been coming to this site for years and have never made an account. I've been coming here simce 2011. I've been going to the park since I was a baby. Now... the speculation I honestly have no idea. This park is unpredeictable. Honestly, when they announced Goliath I was surpsised(I heard they cut a lot of the layout that was supposed to be by the train station due to money constraints). I don't want to get my hopes up to much because I'd rather set the bar low and surprise myself. But I think the Six flags chain could surprise us all with our park because of its unpredictability... whether it be a bad surprise or a good one. I want it to be a big coaster, but I think it will be Wonder Woman clone. The capacity is bad... yes... but does Sixflags really care that much? I wish Sixflags would save money for a big addition to or three years in advance to start building big coasters again. I feel as if our Six Flags lacks that one intense coaster to cater to the hardcore thrill seekers. Btw, Cedar Point has been running ads for their park in the towns around the park. I got mail and have seen multiple commercials for it. I some of you have been saying that Sixflags has little to no competitors, but Cedar Point is going after SFGAM's crowd. Especially with the addition of Steel Vengeance. Do you think they should answer? Or can they have an appropiate answer in 2019?

Last year Great Americas attendance cracked 3 Million, which is very impressive, considering they were only open for about 6 1/2 months and they don't have any animal attractions like Great Adventure. I'm curious to see how Holiday in the park will affect attendance this year.

It's true that Great America has no major local competition. But the idea that they can just add nothing and still bring in more guests is laughable. If that were the case we shouldn't have Anything besides the original 1976 lineup!

As far as the 2019 addition goes. I have no idea what to expect! Six Flags has a very strict cap on spending, but there is no capital allocation formula. AKA if they wanted to pool $30 Million into one park, and give the other parks cheap attractions like Super loops and Sky Warps they could easily do it. In 2012 Cedar Fair and Six Flags spent a nearly identical sum on money on new attractions. Six Flags spread that cash around and added decent attractions to most of their parks (Great America was the big winner that year with X-Flight) but Cedar Fair pooled the majority of their money into Canada's Wonderland and added Leviathan, and the other parks got cheap additions...... If Six Flags wanted to, they could do the same thing and stay well within their spending caps. The question is would they?

Given Great Americas amazing ROI, Attendance increases, and per capita spending increases over the past few years. Nothing would surprise me at this point.
Attachments
Cedar-Fair-Six-Flags-CapEx-Graph.jpg
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby IssaCoaster on June 12th, 2018, 12:56 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:FINALLY! Hello everyone! I've been coming to this site for years and have never made an account. I've been coming here simce 2011. I've been going to the park since I was a baby. Now... the speculation I honestly have no idea. This park is unpredeictable. Honestly, when they announced Goliath I was surpsised(I heard they cut a lot of the layout that was supposed to be by the train station due to money constraints). I don't want to get my hopes up to much because I'd rather set the bar low and surprise myself. But I think the Six flags chain could surprise us all with our park because of its unpredictability... whether it be a bad surprise or a good one. I want it to be a big coaster, but I think it will be Wonder Woman clone. The capacity is bad... yes... but does Sixflags really care that much? I wish Sixflags would save money for a big addition to or three years in advance to start building big coasters again. I feel as if our Six Flags lacks that one intense coaster to cater to the hardcore thrill seekers. Btw, Cedar Point has been running ads for their park in the towns around the park. I got mail and have seen multiple commercials for it. I some of you have been saying that Sixflags has little to no competitors, but Cedar Point is going after SFGAM's crowd. Especially with the addition of Steel Vengeance. Do you think they should answer? Or can they have an appropiate answer in 2019?

Last year Great Americas attendance cracked 3 Million, which is very impressive, considering they were only open for about 6 1/2 months and they don't have any animal attractions like Great Adventure. I'm curious to see how Holiday in the park will affect attendance this year.

It's true that Great America has no major local competition. But the idea that they can just add nothing and still bring in more guests is laughable. If that were the case we shouldn't have Anything besides the original 1976 lineup!

As far as the 2019 addition goes. I have no idea what to expect! Six Flags has a very strict cap on spending, but there is no capital allocation formula. AKA if they wanted to pool $30 Million into one park, and give the other parks cheap attractions like Super loops and Sky Warps they could easily do it. In 2012 Cedar Fair and Six Flags spent a nearly identical sum on money on new attractions. Six Flags spread that cash around and added decent attractions to most of their parks (Great America was the big winner that year with X-Flight) but Cedar Fair pooled the majority of their money into Canada's Wonderland and added Leviathan, and the other parks got cheap additions...... If Six Flags wanted to, they could do the same thing and stay well within their spending caps. The question is would they?

Given Great Americas amazing ROI, Attendance increases, and per capita spending increases over the past few years. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I heard the last guardian of the demon has left the park. Any thoughts?
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 12th, 2018, 4:01 am
God only knows at this point.

I personally don't think Demon is in any danger of leaving. Back in 2008/2009 when Six Flags was nearing bankruptcy and getting hit by the Great Recession, they were removing costly rides left and right and even shutting down entire areas of their parks..... Yet Demon and Whizzer just kept going and going. Which leads me to believe that they are not expensive to maintain, if they were, they would have been removed during that financial calamity.

I personally hope Demon gets a rebirth like the New Revolution at Magic Mountain or Blue Hawk at Six Flags Over Georgia.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby jmanporty7 on June 12th, 2018, 8:05 am
If Demon were to get new trains they'll be those trains Blue Hawk got for sure.
jmanporty7

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 13th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Here's the thing. SFGAm also cut some trees down that are next to the Whizzer and across the train tracks. If the 2019 project were to be a waterpark expansion they would have to put up a fence to block off the waterpark from the general public. They can't put the fence across the train tracks though. So, why would they cut trees down across the train tracks if it were to be a waterpark expansion. I think this just about confirms a dry park addition. Keep on the lookout for construction markers as land clearing continues. Also, regarding Demo, it isn't going anywhere. They just added the Demon laugh right before the corkscrew so it won't be going anywhere. At least for awhile. Maybe we will see new trains like Blue Hawk down at SFOG got. Who knows?
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 13th, 2018, 3:14 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Here's the thing. SFGAm also cut some trees down that are next to the Whizzer and across the train tracks. If the 2019 project were to be a waterpark expansion they would have to put up a fence to block off the waterpark from the general public. They can't put the fence across the train tracks though. So, why would they cut trees down across the train tracks if it were to be a waterpark expansion. I think this just about confirms a dry park addition. Keep on the lookout for construction markers as land clearing continues. Also, regarding Demo, it isn't going anywhere. They just added the Demon laugh right before the corkscrew so it won't be going anywhere. At least for awhile. Maybe we will see new trains like Blue Hawk down at SFOG got. Who knows?

I doubt it's going to be a Water park expansion. The Water park is only open for a few months and the dry park will now be open the majority of the year. AKA they can cash in on Carousel Plaza gift sales and on ride photos all year long. Plus, they could easily tear up some parking lot to expand the water park instead of spending all that money demolishing the Pictorium.

I have a feeling that it will be a large steel looper, possibly a large custom Raptor, and they will market it as "The worlds tallest Single Rail coaster" In classic Six Flags fashion, lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby WolfRaging95 on June 13th, 2018, 4:57 pm
So what are we thinking it is going to be next year? I've gotten split answers from others that they think it'll be a water coaster or roller coaster.
WolfRaging95

Postby JT2002 on June 13th, 2018, 5:07 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:So what are we thinking it is going to be next year? I've gotten split answers from others that they think it'll be a water coaster or roller coaster.

The only thing that I have heard in the last week or two is that it will be a dry coaster.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby WolfRaging95 on June 13th, 2018, 5:38 pm
JT2002 wrote:
WolfRaging95 wrote:So what are we thinking it is going to be next year? I've gotten split answers from others that they think it'll be a water coaster or roller coaster.

The only thing that I have heard in the last week or two is that it will be a dry coaster.

I saw something on Facebook that there was a T-Rex toy spotted in Raging Bull and Goliath's station.
WolfRaging95

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 13th, 2018, 5:54 pm
^ Any pics Wolf? Maybe it's not a T-Rex maybe it's a raptor clone :mrgreen: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JaminOut on June 13th, 2018, 5:54 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:

I saw something on Facebook that there was a T-Rex toy spotted in Raging Bull and Goliath's station.

That’s probably one of those dumb rumors... unless anyone can verify???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JaminOut on June 13th, 2018, 5:55 pm
.double post.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on June 13th, 2018, 6:37 pm
I love this time of year, all the speculations are so fun

I'm split, idk what side to be on. I'd love to see a new coaster, and it's possible because sfgam has gotten a lot of great attractions these past few years, and I think six flags as a whole is realizing how great of a park sfgam is, not only with the diversity of rides, but 3 million visiotors in 6.5 months is insane!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby WolfRaging95 on June 13th, 2018, 7:38 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Any pics Wolf? Maybe it's not a T-Rex maybe it's a raptor clone :mrgreen: .

I don't have any, but from what I remember it was a T-Rex toy. For all I know, it could just be a trolling joke.
WolfRaging95

Postby WolfRaging95 on June 13th, 2018, 7:52 pm
If it was a water ride for next year, wouldn't they have put down pipes and such before leveling the ground?
WolfRaging95

Postby staticshadows on June 13th, 2018, 8:05 pm
^No, that was just a demolition contract. I am thinking the combo of Holiday in the Park and standalone water park are needed to boost ticket sales for the new deal with Gurnee to work.
staticshadows

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 13th, 2018, 8:16 pm
maxwellt wrote:I love this time of year, all the speculations are so fun

I'm split, idk what side to be on. I'd love to see a new coaster, and it's possible because sfgam has gotten a lot of great attractions these past few years, and I think six flags as a whole is realizing how great of a park sfgam is, not only with the diversity of rides, but 3 million visiotors in 6.5 months is insane!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

I know right. Know that we got summer vacation we have more time to think about what we are getting.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby IssaCoaster on June 13th, 2018, 11:03 pm
What is this T-rex toy you guys speak of? T-rex RMC car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 14th, 2018, 12:10 am
^ Obviously not a T-Rex car. It's rumored to be a small t-rex toy in either Goliath or Raging Bull's station.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JT2002 on June 14th, 2018, 8:56 am
Maybe this TRex toy rumor is kind of like how SF St. Louis is doing those teasers with a guy dressed up as a TRex?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Viper 88 on June 15th, 2018, 9:27 am
With the way Six Flags has been going I'm going to say its most likely a Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster. I mean Six Flags is all about ride clones now and nothing original right?
Viper 88

Postby IssaCoaster on June 15th, 2018, 12:28 pm
Viper 88 wrote:With the way Six Flags has been going I'm going to say its most likely a Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster. I mean Six Flags is all about ride clones now and nothing original right?

:x This would piss me off so much... The space they're clearing looks like it should be a larger version of the raptor or a T-rex coaster. The capacity would be a huge problem if they put Wonder Woman in. Six Flags Great America's attendance is sky rocketing. The coaster would be crap at taking up the crowd. But you know what? At least it would be another coaster in the park :lol: . And then in Sixflags fashion "Most RMCs in one park"
IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on June 15th, 2018, 4:01 pm
Imagine a launched RMC t-rex coaster at SFGAm. It would fill 2 gaps for the park: Airtime machine and full-circuit launch coaster.
jmanporty7

Postby ilrider on June 15th, 2018, 4:28 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Imagine a launched RMC t-rex coaster at SFGAm. It would fill 2 gaps for the park: Airtime machine and full-circuit launch coaster.

After the major problems Lightning Rod at Dollywood had with its launch, I am not too excited about a launched RMC coaster. I know the launch was designed by a third party contractor, but a traditional lift T-Rex coaster would be just fine with me.
ilrider

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum