Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby AirTimeDaz on May 15th, 2018, 7:32 pm
staticshadows wrote:Here is the page where the agendas are posted.
http://www.gurnee.il.us/government/planning-zoning-board/schedule-agenda-minutes-videos

They shouldn’t need a zoning approval for this area of the park unless they are going above 200 ft tall.

thanks i couldn't find it!
AirTimeDaz

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 15th, 2018, 9:17 pm
either a giga or a water park expansion just because its been 10 years since the water park got a renovation/add on but I would love to see a new coaster come to the park so they can get closer to 20 but if I did I would like to have a ride like fury 325 or something like intimidator it would be nice to get a dive but I don't see It happening just hope its not a copy paste of any other six flags park
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Goku1910 on May 15th, 2018, 9:20 pm
Not happening. The park cannot build taller than sky trek tower, even then there's no room for a giga in that area.

As for Waterpark expansions, it's been less than 10 years. Remember Riptide Bay? That was in 2013.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 15th, 2018, 9:31 pm
2011* but yeah, wasn't 10 years. Although I do think a waterpark expansion is most likely, seeing how close it is to the waterpark. I wouldn't mind at all tbh. Less people in the dry park means shorter lines for everyone.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 15th, 2018, 9:32 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Not happening. The park cannot build taller than sky trek tower, even then there's no room for a giga in that area.

As for Waterpark expansions, it's been less than 10 years. Remember Riptide Bay? That was in 2013.

They could six flags has never been denied a request by gurnee also the airport is 10 miles away also a regional airport so no major flights and thankyou for the reminder of riptide bay also the pictorium is not the only place remember there is a rumor tha v2 (vertical velocity) will be shiped to six flags america so there they could add something

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Goku1910 on May 15th, 2018, 9:36 pm
And V2 is a viable space for a Giga? Technically, they could build a giga since Sky Trek is 310ft, but there's simply no space for it.

V2 being shipped of to our hand me down park was a rumor in 2017 and the only way I see that going is if the fumes go with it and seeing as the park just paid for some rehab on the flumes they're not going anywhere for some time still.

Edit: Spelling. Thanks phone keyboard.
Last edited by Goku1910 on May 15th, 2018, 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 15th, 2018, 9:37 pm
Goku1910 wrote:And V2 is a viable space for a Giga? Technically, they could build a giga since Sky Trek is 310ft, but there's simply no space for it.

V2 being shipped of to our hand me down park was a rumor in 2017 and the only way I see that going is if the flies go with it and seeing as the park just paid for some rehab on the fumes they're not going anywhere for some time still.

Now i see your point maybe something like full throttle

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 15th, 2018, 9:38 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:2011* but yeah, wasn't 10 years. Although I do think a waterpark expansion is most likely, seeing how close it is to the waterpark. I wouldn't mind at all tbh. Less people in the dry park means shorter lines for everyone.
I also agree especially in july the dry park could be packed aswell as the water park

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Goku1910 on May 15th, 2018, 9:39 pm
I would certainly hope not. If we're going to get something launched I would hope it's not a one trick pony.

Goku1910

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 15th, 2018, 9:39 pm
R.I.P hypnotist lady during fright fest since the pictorium is gone

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on May 15th, 2018, 9:40 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I would certainly hope not. If we're going to get something launched I would hope it's not a one trick pony.

Then something like storm chaser or even something like cannibal at lagoon

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Goku1910 on May 15th, 2018, 9:47 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:2011* but yeah, wasn't 10 years. Although I do think a waterpark expansion is most likely, seeing how close it is to the waterpark. I wouldn't mind at all tbh. Less people in the dry park means shorter lines for everyone.

Thanks for that correction, I thought it was after X-Flight. Guess not.

Hurricane Harbor is only open during the parks' most crowded part of the year so does it really make lines shorter? No.

The Waterpark does less displacing of people as it does attract more attendance.
Goku1910

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 15th, 2018, 10:22 pm
Mr.EveryDaySFGA wrote:R.I.P hypnotist lady during fright fest since the pictorium is gone

On Susan Rosen facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/HypnotistSusan ... fI&fref=nf
"Six Flags Great America has changed the Susan Rosen’s Complete Training venue to an outside theater twice the size. They have also increased he number of performances by the students.

This will increase the number of videos of your shows and reinforce further what you have just learned. We also get to learn about exterior sounds just like those at a fair.

The last training had an average of 700 people at each show."

I don't get it. What is twice the size of the Pictorium - Wildnerness Theater? I didn't think this was twice the size?? She is doing some sort training - maybe for other hypnotists.
-------------

^Yes, the waterpark does make lines shorter because if you had no waterpark, the regular park would be much more crowded than what it is today. Summer is so crowded because kids are off, and people take off. The new ride also opens. Waterpark or no waterpark, the amusement park would still be packed with cars during the summer.

The same situation is in October. People say it's the most crowded park. Why? You have no waterpark + other water rides are shut down because it's too cold. With a lot of less space to walk in (those other rides / waterpark), the midways are way more packed. I don't exactly remember the maximum capacity for the waterpark, but I can guess as to what it was; I thought it was around 7,500 BEFORE the expansion, and than it went up to maybe 9,500 people (after the new pool / new slides) that is the maximum people that it can hold.

I go to the waterpark a bunch, and people in the waterpark are always talking about them riding that roller coaster or that roller coaster while waiting in line for a waterslide. They aren't just coming for the waterpark.

A lot of waterpark people come and go. Because the waterpark is attached to Great America, to me it's not like a separate waterpark where you feel like you are just going to be in the waterpark, and that's it for the day.

This is sort of why I think the separate entrance for a waterpark is a mistake at our park. If you look at Magic Mountain, just the waterpark ticket is $36 online, but just Magic Mountain's ticket is $60 online. If you only want to go to the waterpark, you only have to pay $36 for that waterpark, and leave. You don't have to go to the regular park whatsoever, and pay another $60. I can't even believe that though, $60 for 1 visit to Magic Mountain. Seriously?? They are way too reliant on season passes by increasing their gate admission to be that high to force everyone to get a season pass though.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 16th, 2018, 3:55 am
As much as I would love to see a giga coaster, I agree with Goku 100% There isn't enough room in that plot of land for one. They need a really long strip of land for a giga coaster.

As far as the water park goes. When it was first built, it increased attendance by 25% So that thing is a money maker. IF Six Flags really wanted to, they could rip up that entire slice of parking lot right next to Hurricane Harbor and nearly double the size of it and build a small parking garage in the overflow lot to make up for the lost spaces..... But that all depends on what the long term goal is for Great America.

This is what I was trying to explain to BBD, each Six Flags park is different and there's a wide variety of different circumstances that come attached to each individual park. Population size, Wealth of the local population, Growth potential, Target audience, ROI potential, etc.

At the end of the day it's all about keeping their shareholders and guests happy. When they see dollar signs and growth potential coming from a specific park, they will invest heavily into it. From the patterns over recent years, they clearly see further growth opportunity from Six Flags Great America. So anythign is possible at this point.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 7:59 am
Goku1910 wrote:Not happening. The park cannot build taller than sky trek tower, even then there's no room for a giga in that area.

A giga is not happening at any SF park irregardless of height limits. SF can't afford it, they are not spending 30M of about 74M ride budget on 1 park. Also, there is absolutely no need to build any expensive coasters b/c the patrons they have cultivated show up for 7M free flys and 1M superloop. SF patrons want cheap passes over expensive coasters.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 8:08 am
[quote="Ilovthevu'" ]I can't even believe that though, $60 for 1 visit to Magic Mountain. Seriously?? They are way too reliant on season passes by increasing their gate admission to be that high to force everyone to get a season pass though.[/quote]

That's SF's strategy. Make it so it's more cost efficient to buy a season pass and go only twice than a one day ticket. According to SF the average visits for a season pass holder is just over 3 visits. You factor in the people that go weekly or every other week, people that frequent the boards like this, to get 3 avg that means there are a lot of 1 or 2 visit season pass holders. A good % people see the deal on season passes compared to a 1 day, buy the pass and never use it, but the day bought and maybe 1 other time. I know people like this.
Last edited by Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 8:17 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:When it was first built, it increased attendance by 25\%

Source other than hearsay..ie..SF, news article, etc...

SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:At the end of the day it's all about keeping their shareholders and guests happy.

Actually it's all about shareholders. SF has cultivated a base of people that value cheap passes over big coasters.
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:When they see dollar signs and growth potential coming from a specific park, they will invest heavily into it.

No, they don't, They have record revenue and EBIDTA, meanwhile are planning to start reducing the cap exp below the current 9% of north american revenue. These are Wall Street people running SF, not amusement park veterans that are looking for the greatest customer experience like Disney, CF, etc.. They spent 500M on stock buybacks last year, 300M+ the year before, and already green llit 300m+ more for 2018. Meanwhile , they are littering their parks with 6-7M cheap 4D coasters, superloops, etc...
Last edited by Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sven18

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 16th, 2018, 8:30 am
^ Can someone do something about him please. Not only does he keep coming back but he's taking other people's comments.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 9:01 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:... taking other people's comments.

What are you talking about? This is the funniest thing ever.
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2018, 9:21 am
Sven18 wrote:

A giga is not happening at any SF park irregardless of height limits. SF can't afford it, they are not spending 30M of about 74M ride budget on 1 park. Also, there is absolutely no need to build any expensive coasters b/c the patrons they have cultivated show up for 7M free flys and 1M superloop. SF patrons want cheap passes over expensive coasters.
Ah, here we go again with his superior knowledge of how Six Flags Corporate works. How about thinking from a park visitor perspective just once?

You're not contributing anything other than just repeating your argument over and over as to why we're all wrong and you're right.

Goku1910

Postby Jodon on May 16th, 2018, 9:44 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Can someone do something about him please. Not only does he keep coming back but he's taking other people's comments.

What???

I don't know Sven at all, but his opinions/observations/evidence based arguments make sense and I don't get why people continue to think he's BBD. If he is the "famed" BBD, he isn't berating anyone and he is using logic and evidence to base his opinions, much like I do, so I don't get the problem.

SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:This is what I was trying to explain to BBD, each Six Flags park is different and there's a wide variety of different circumstances that come attached to each individual park. Population size, Wealth of the local population, Growth potential, Target audience, ROI potential, etc.

At the end of the day it's all about keeping their shareholders and guests happy. When they see dollar signs and growth potential coming from a specific park, they will invest heavily into it. From the patterns over recent years, they clearly see further growth opportunity from Six Flags Great America. So anythign is possible at this point.

I completely agree with Sven about the park valuing shareholders over guest experience. After visiting many other parks, SFGAm does not prioritize the guest experience compared to many of the others that I have visited. Is it the worst, no, but not near the top at all.

Something that I don't think SFGAMNUT understands is that SFGAm does not have any legitimate competition in the area. The closest full sized regional theme park is about a 6 hour drive from SFGAm. This means that SFGAm has a very captive audience in the Chicago and Milwaukee markets. Because there isn't any major competition in the area, SFGAm doesn't have to worry about keeping up with the "Joneses," and will likely continue to add low cost attractions until they see a significant decrease in attendance and revenue which there is no evidence of that happening at all anytime soon.

Honest question, would anyone on this board stop buying season passes to SFGAm if they did not get a new major roller coaster over $15 million in the next 10 years?
Jodon

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 10:00 am
Goku1910 wrote:]Ah, here we go again with his superior knowledge of how Six Flags Corporate works. How about thinking from a park visitor perspective just once?

Parks don't think like enthusiast and the common patron. So, you think putting in 9 superloops and 6 Free fly clones and the many other ubiquitous clones of cheap rides in the SF chain are what visitors want?
Last edited by Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sven18

Postby astucks18 on May 16th, 2018, 10:00 am
Gigas will be coming in the future to six flags parks. But not in the next few years. Why would a park buy a $30m giga when they can buy a $10m RMC, yet still pull in the same amount of people.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby Sven18 on May 16th, 2018, 10:19 am
astucks18 wrote:Gigas will be coming in the future to six flags parks. But not in the next few years. Why would a park buy a $30m giga when they can buy a $10m RMC, yet still pull in the same amount of people.

You disprove your first statement with the second.
Sven18

Postby astucks18 on May 16th, 2018, 11:27 am
Sven18 wrote:
astucks18 wrote:Gigas will be coming in the future to six flags parks. But not in the next few years. Why would a park buy a $30m giga when they can buy a $10m RMC, yet still pull in the same amount of people.

You disprove your first statement with the second.
Six flags will stop mass buying RMC's and Gigas will become more affordable. The park president of SFMM even said themselves when twisted collossus had its opening ceremony that a giga will come, It just wont be for a few years, like I said.

astucks18

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum