Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 23rd, 2018, 1:49 pm
Race for the sky, over coming fears, the crowd FLIPPING out. I think You guys were all right i I really Hope you are.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on August 23rd, 2018, 1:51 pm
Last teaser plays with the same hints as before and I think the hint of HTFM was inspired by fan theory and has nothing to do with the actual announcement.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2018, 2:06 pm
and his name is.... A Hurricane harbor expansion! :lol: Just kidding of course. It appears to be Maxx Force.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 23rd, 2018, 2:45 pm
If we get the world’s tallest loop I’m gonna be so damn happy. Lol it sounds like it’ll have an inversion. That’s what I’m getting from the crowd flipping out.
gottastrata33

Postby hook13 on August 23rd, 2018, 2:49 pm
Got a flash vibe with him running, in red, past the flash pass booth
hook13

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 23rd, 2018, 3:04 pm
“Best In North America”

This has to be a S&S launch coaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2018, 3:05 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:If we get the world’s tallest loop I’m gonna be so damn happy. Lol it sounds like it’ll have an inversion. That’s what I’m getting from the crowd flipping out.

If I recall correctly, didn't they get the height variances for V2 and Deja Vu in October? Maybe this thing will go over 200 feet and they want to wait until the after the announcement to get approval.

This guy Galvan on the SFGAMworld Facebook page brought up an interesting point. Are Chang's approvals still good for the spaceport area?
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on August 23rd, 2018, 3:07 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:If we get the world’s tallest loop I’m gonna be so damn happy. Lol it sounds like it’ll have an inversion. That’s what I’m getting from the crowd flipping out.

The announcer said "Best in North America" in the video, so it probably is going to be something like the fastest acceleration in North America. That is an easy record to achieve.

It looks like Launch Coaster at Sun Tzu Cultural Park is a mirrored version of the standard layout you posted.
https://rcdb.com/12256.htm

The 5th air launch in China opens next year and will have inversions, but will run at a slower speed.
staticshadows

Postby Goku1910 on August 23rd, 2018, 3:07 pm
JackGlass wrote:

If I recall correctly, didn't they get the height variances for V2 and Deja Vu in October? Maybe this thing will go over 200 feet and they want to wait until the after the announcement to get approval.

This guy Galvan on the SFGAMworld Facebook page brought up an interesting point. Are Chang's approvals still good for the spaceport area?

This area is no where near residential areas. They no longer need a variance here.
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2018, 3:09 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

This area is no where near residential areas. They no longer need a variance here.

Ok cool, thanks!
JackGlass

Postby ernstwhere on August 23rd, 2018, 3:10 pm
"Best in North America" then... "Now is the time to compete in the race of the year, the world championship race".
ernstwhere

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 23rd, 2018, 3:24 pm
Does anyone think the length of the videos mean anything. All 3 so far have been exactly the same and now this one is 1:18...

B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2018, 3:39 pm
X-Flight, Goliath, Joker, Hangover and now possibly Maxx Force? I never would have said this 10 years ago, but I will say it now...….. Better to be us than Magic Mountain or Great Adventure, lol
JackGlass

Postby tribar on August 23rd, 2018, 3:42 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Does anyone think the length of the videos mean anything. All 3 so far have been exactly the same and now this one is 1:18...

I highly doubt it but who knows?
tribar

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 23rd, 2018, 4:25 pm
This can't be anything except of coaster. Some might think differently but I think it's obvious.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Mean Streaker on August 23rd, 2018, 4:51 pm
But what if it's a second go kart track, with the "best" karts in North America?
Mean Streaker

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2018, 5:00 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:This can't be anything except of coaster. Some might think differently but I think it's obvious.

Some people are stuck in the Shapiro era which has been over for almost 10 years now. Six Flags isn't broke (Far from it) and that strategy of adding crappy additions such as Wiggles World is long dead, lol

Six Flags isn't run by Disney wannabes anymore, it's run by a magnifecnt Birtish bastard named Jim Reid Anderson who seems to love adding Roller Coasters to Great America, lol
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 23rd, 2018, 5:06 pm
I think this addition will be amazing. We'll possibly finally have a full circuit launch coaster!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2018, 5:11 pm
We've needed a full circuit launch for a while now, and I would be psyched if we get one! Hopefully they leave as many trees by the Whizzer as they can intact, just imagine night rides flying through those trees!
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 23rd, 2018, 5:24 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I think this addition will be amazing. We'll possibly finally have a full circuit launch coaster!

I wws Just gonna say, I can’t even express how long I’ve read everyone wanting that on these forums. Years.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 23rd, 2018, 5:32 pm
JackGlass wrote:We've needed a full circuit launch for a while now, and I would be psyched if we get one! Hopefully they leave as many trees by the Whizzer as they can intact, just imagine night rides flying through those trees!

That would be amazing! My only hope is that this isn't a very short 30 second ride. Ugh, I cannot wait for next Thursday.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 23rd, 2018, 5:48 pm
That would be so incredible.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 23rd, 2018, 5:51 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

They would need a variance for over 200 feet still. I highly doubt the variance for Chang (which I'm not even sure was ever finalized?) would still be good. And I don't know about when they got the Deja Vu/V2 variance, but was it before or after they announced the rides? That was before the standarized Six Flags thing of always announcing around Labor Day, I think announcements used to sometimes be later?

I highly highly doubt they'd attempt to get a variance after announceing. That just sets them up to have issues for no reason. I'd bet any amount of money that whatever it is, it's under 200 feet.
anewman35

Postby ilrider on August 23rd, 2018, 6:05 pm
None of the clues point to it being over 200 feet. We already have our hyper coaster. I don’t think it’s important.
ilrider

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2018, 6:19 pm
If they end up removing Home town Fun Machine, I hope they move it to Sky Trails old plot. It's a classic ride but it's location is really bad. Putting it over by Demon in that Sky Trail plot would definitely make it stand out more.
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum