Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on July 26th, 2018, 4:49 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:Yeah, Eagle has been running just fine as of late. The ride just needs some TLC (hopefully maintenance can fix the issues with the helix) and it'll be all good.

I probably just had a bad ride. I was surprised by how rough it was(Speaking about the blue side). I've never had that bad of a ride before. The Viper on the other hand.... that ride is running great. The airtime on that thing is crazy. It's hard to believe Six Flags designed that themselves.
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 26th, 2018, 4:51 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
RBullFan97 wrote:Yeah, Eagle has been running just fine as of late. The ride just needs some TLC (hopefully maintenance can fix the issues with the helix) and it'll be all good.

I probably just had a bad ride. I was surprised by how rough it was(Speaking about the blue side). I've never had that bad of a ride before. The Viper on the other hand.... that ride is running great. The airtime on that thing is crazy. It's hard to believe Six Flags designed that themselves.
I remember Viper being a lot better but it has certainly taken a turn towards a rougher ride.

Eagle for me is fine with the exception of the very end of the barrel and the Helix is overall terrible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on July 26th, 2018, 4:52 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:Can you get us some pics from the ground?

I couldn't get any good ones from the ground. As for taking some on Sky Trek, I coudln't get any good pictures. I wish I could have.

Thanks for the update though. I appreciate it. I'm gonna check Screamscape more often now to see if they post pics.
IssaCoaster

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 26th, 2018, 5:39 pm
Viper is great for me, not sure what is wrong with eagle but maybe if they retract it it's going to be better?
_FuryBull_330_

Postby WolfRaging95 on July 26th, 2018, 5:46 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
WolfRaging95 wrote:

I couldn't get any good ones from the ground. As for taking some on Sky Trek, I coudln't get any good pictures. I wish I could have.

Thanks for the update though. I appreciate it. I'm gonna check Screamscape more often now to see if they post pics.

No problem. I am sure teasers will be starting very soon!
WolfRaging95

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 26th, 2018, 11:42 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:

Try taking some from Viper's queue line. It gives good views of the site. Or just ride the train.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2018, 12:13 am
Since, the waterpark thing is not coming based on what other people said, I will go with a RMC Raptor. They do a lot of things the other park does (California's Great America), and they got one at Fiesta Texas, so why not at Illinois's Great America. As for low capacity, when you add a ride like the Larson Fireball supped up version, and Joker roller coaster, those are not high capacity rides, but yet they were marketed as both roller coasters, so it doesn't matter to them that much (Six Flags) that Wonder Woman has such low capacity.

I think the thing makes completely no sense at all though since those 2 were marketed as roller coasters, to put a 3rd one in 3 years (another marketed roller coaster).
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Goku1910 on July 27th, 2018, 12:28 am
Not even the GP falls for the marketing ploys for Joker and Hangover. When I've gone to the park they always have shorter lines than the older Coasters but a raptor will draw way more attention and if it cannot handle that crowd it will turn into a disaster.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2018, 12:59 am
^Short summary on those rides for me / a person that likes flat / a bunch of carnival rides. Joker doesn't flip enough. Hangover = 3rd worst flat / carnival ride I've been on (not my type of ride at all). So, if I'm correct with my totals, I have been on 99 flat / water (like Roaring Rapids / Splash Mountain / non-waterpark) / carnival rides, and the Hangover ride is the 3rd worst. I would take a 30 / 20 year old like a Paratrooper / Flying Bobs / Force 10 / Tilt-A-Whirl / Chance Falling Star / Musik Express / Wipeout over that.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2018, 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Goku1910 on July 27th, 2018, 1:04 am
I've ridden Hangover 1 time and somehow they managed to make it more boring than the original carnival version.

Joker's "free spin" still feels heavily controlled and predictable up until the very last magnet.... That's the only one that tends to surprise me.

Goku1910

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2018, 1:16 am
Something that would probably never happen, but a little pipe dream. Great America could give Six Flags America Jester's Wild Ride already, and take Six Flags America's Zydeco Zinger (which is a Chance Falling Star), and than that ride goes in Trailblazer's spot (where a similar ride used to be but by a different manufacturer in which that ride had some sort of defect???), and they still build the RMC Raptor or whatever roller coaster they are building in the same year. The Zydeco Zinger thing would be almost like, a FREE ride minus the transportation of the ride.. That ride goes like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU4HA8nbBEY
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on July 27th, 2018, 7:05 am
I remain very unconvinced that it's NOT a water park expansion. Given the location and the "coasters" they've built recently, some sort of family-friendly water coaster or raft ride (like they've built other places) just seems more logical. Somebody oleaee explain it to me, why is everybody so sure that it can't possibly be a water park thing now?
anewman35

Postby Goku1910 on July 27th, 2018, 7:15 am
anewman35 wrote:I remain very unconvinced that it's NOT a water park expansion. Given the location and the "coasters" they've built recently, some sort of family-friendly water coaster or raft ride (like they've built other places) just seems more logical. Somebody oleaee explain it to me, why is everybody so sure that it can't possibly be a water park thing now?
Part of my argument against Waterpark is that they haven't bothered to tear up the midway along Hurricane Harbor and there are no markers near there.

If it is a Waterpark expansion then a water coaster is the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on July 27th, 2018, 8:17 am
anewman35 wrote:I remain very unconvinced that it's NOT a water park expansion. Given the location and the "coasters" they've built recently, some sort of family-friendly water coaster or raft ride (like they've built other places) just seems more logical. Somebody oleaee explain it to me, why is everybody so sure that it can't possibly be a water park thing now?

Multiple sources have said it is not a waterpark expansion. All the workers at Six Flags seem to be in unison about it too. But that does not rule it out. I just can't see them using that space for the waterpark when they can just extend out to the parking lot.
IssaCoaster

Postby UWW-10 on July 27th, 2018, 8:39 am
This is a very generous-sized area of land so I just hope that they put it to good use with whatever it is they intend to build.
UWW-10

Postby anewman35 on July 27th, 2018, 8:47 am
IssaCoaster wrote:

Multiple sources have said it is not a waterpark expansion. All the workers at Six Flags seem to be in unison about it too. But that does not rule it out. I just can't see them using that space for the waterpark when they can just extend out to the parking lot.

Who are these "sources"?

I would think they would be hesitant about ripping up any of the parking lot, it fills up now on super busy days. And, yes, I suppose it's technically possible to expand it elsewhere or do a garage or something, but I'd bet there would be issues with the neighbors/village if they tried to do so.
anewman35

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 27th, 2018, 1:58 pm
^ What issues are we talking about.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on July 27th, 2018, 2:28 pm
The village would not deny them a garage. They might ask that it be built on the highway side of the lot, but they won't flat out refuse it.

I guess some of SFGAm's nearby residents would be a little upset if a giant garage was visible from the tree line but that wouldn't stop them.

Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on July 27th, 2018, 2:28 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ What issues are we talking about.

Unsightly maybe? Idk.
IssaCoaster

Postby anewman35 on July 27th, 2018, 7:52 pm
My thinking is that even if the parking lot is zoned the same as the park (and I'm not sure if it is), there's a neighborhood RIGHT next to the parking lot. It's one thing to be next to a surface parking lot, it's something different to be next to a garage or (in an extreme example, if they moved all the parking off-site or something) an actual amusement park. They may face some blowback if they tried to do stuff with the parking lot that's all I'm saying (besides, it doesn't seem like Six Flags to want to spend the money). And I don't really think there's really any additional room to expand the parking lot, the empty areas they have now are there as a buffer between the park and the outside, or as a rentention pond area...
anewman35

Postby LordMagnus101 on July 27th, 2018, 8:39 pm
I just don't see how a water park expansion is going to generate the same buzz a new roller coaster would. Especially in this spot where I don't think it would actually be able to add much to the water park at all. They would definitely see better returns adding to the dry park in my opinion.
LordMagnus101

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 27th, 2018, 8:40 pm
I don't think they need a garage, and I don't think they should be taking away anymore parking. The park is not perfect, in my opinion. I do NOT love every single ride the park has. The park has to figure out what are those rides that people do not like anymore, and get rid of them instead of going into the parking lot.

I think if this thing was a new coaster, it should have went were Demon and Buccaneer Battle are. If it's a new waterslide (which a lot of people have said no to), than it's in the right place.
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on July 27th, 2018, 11:46 pm
Not every addition is just to get buzz. Remember the big rumor last year about the water park becoming its own gate? Maybe that rumor was a year off. And if they were doing that, it would help to have an addition to the water park to go with it...
anewman35

Postby IssaCoaster on July 28th, 2018, 12:15 am
anewman35 wrote:Not every addition is just to get buzz. Remember the big rumor last year about the water park becoming its own gate? Maybe that rumor was a year off. And if they were doing that, it would help to have an addition to the water park to go with it...

It's gonna be a coaster. Mark my words. Y'all can skin me alive if it turns out not to be one, but I seriously think it is going to be a rollercoaster.
IssaCoaster

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 28th, 2018, 10:54 am
^ Yeah I totally agree, but can we just forget that roller coasters for Six Flags equals superloops, and skywarps. Other than that we a perfectly good.
_FuryBull_330_

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum