Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SixFlags_Fan on August 22nd, 2018, 1:39 pm
Not surprised that SFMM is investing heavily for 2019 since they'll have to compete with one of the biggest openings with Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening just 2 hours away. If they can open it earlier than Star Wars they'll most likely bring in the crowds during their dead time.
SixFlags_Fan

Postby Sven18 on August 22nd, 2018, 1:48 pm
SixFlags_Fan wrote:Not surprised that SFMM is investing heavily for 2019 since they'll have to compete with one of the biggest openings with Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening just 2 hours away. If they can open it earlier than Star Wars they'll most likely bring in the crowds during their dead time.

LOL!
Sven18

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 22nd, 2018, 3:20 pm
staticshadows wrote: On the Inside Universal forums, someone is claiming that the media invite for Magic Mountain says it's for a World's First. Our teasers seem to indicate some sort of record will be broken, but I see nothing indicating a world's first. Based on the markers at Magic Mountain, I do think they are getting a different ride.

World's first doesn't mean a lot when it comes to Six Flags. Harley Quinn's Discovery Kingdom ride is a world's first - and probably a total disappointment from so many. I rather have that than the Larson Fireball the park received though, but oh well. Still don't want that ride though, but it's better than what we got. About 50 rides are better than what we got (this year), in my opinion
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2018, 3:42 pm
Well hopefully we'll get a better hint at what we're getting tomorrow!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 3:59 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Well hopefully we'll get a better hint at what we're getting tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the last day for a teaser (if they stick to the Thursday only teasers) so they will prob fxxk with us the most in tomorrow’s. Let’s be honest. We’re all about to lose our minds in less than 24hrs lol
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 22nd, 2018, 4:05 pm
Great America really seems to be moving away from shows and theaters. We saw what happened with Theater Royale, Southwest Ampitheater and now Pictorium. Do you think the Grand music hall could be in danger anytime soon? I would hate to see that thing go.
JackGlass

Postby MrsTaxi on August 22nd, 2018, 4:27 pm
JackGlass wrote:Great America really seems to be moving away from shows and theaters. We saw what happened with Theater Royale, Southwest Ampitheater and now Pictorium. Do you think the Grand music hall could be in danger anytime soon? I would hate to see that thing go.

I think Grand music hall is safe for awhile, Wilderness...not so much.
MrsTaxi

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 22nd, 2018, 4:39 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:True. Lol

I will never forget Hank stoppin me over a T-shirt I made (Stupid 15yr old me) that read “RIP Déjà Vu. $&@! this, I’m headin to Cedar Point” & telling me “what goes in its place next year will be an inspiration to burn those shirts (friend was wearing one as well). Well I kept the damn shirt cause Battle went in in 2009. & I didnt get rid of it until 2012. ;) so it makes me wonder how often plans change or don’t go as well - planned. I really do feel we were ready for a waterpark year & if it really isn’t happening in 2019, there’s no way it’s not happening in 2020 & I expect it to be big. Cause whether you are a person who likes it or not, the water park does well & is a great addition I’m glad to have here. With that said, it deserves a new addition. Just not in that perfect plot of land we have cleared right now.

That is hilarious. I can't believe he actually said that to you guys.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2018, 5:07 pm
Hank will say anything to appear guests. We saw him a few weeks ago and went up to him and said “You better kick Cedar Point’s ass with a RMC Eagle” and his response was “oh you’ll be happy with what we have planned for it”! So basically they will say anything to anyone to insure they keep coming back.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 22nd, 2018, 5:29 pm
I've probably waited about a hundred hours for Deja Vu all the time it was at the park. You know how many hours I waited to ride X-Flight. Probably about 2 hours altogether. Dark Knight was the last great ride built in this park for me. They have had a lot of FLOPS since 2008, in my opinion.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 5:32 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I've probably waited about a hundred hours for Deja Vu all the time it was at the park. You know how many hours I waited to ride X-Flight. Probably about 2 hours altogether. Dark Knight was the last great ride built in this park for me. They have had a lot of FLOPS since 2008, in my opinion.

I’m surprised in your answer about TDK. I love that we got it, just wish it was markered different. That film was intense. Should not have been a family coaster. That’s all my beef with it. That’s it. I do Enjoy it. As for DéjàVu... I miss It everyday. Ugh
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 22nd, 2018, 5:37 pm
^I know they are not the same thing, but close to the Deja Vu experience is Invertigo at Kings Island. It's still not the same though. Of course, the regular boomerang is much further an experience from Deja Vu, but I got my fix on the Boomerang at St. Louis this year.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 22nd, 2018, 5:53 pm
What? I think X-Flight and Goliath are two of the best coasters in the park. I loved Deja Vu, and it was absolutely retarded to remove it the year all the bugs got worked out of it and even more retarded to replace it with a crappy ride like Buccaneer Battle. But X-Flight and Goliath were great additions as far as I'm concerned.

I wish Deja Vu would come back. I rode that thing with my friend Ben on the day it opened to the public and met my wife in line for it. That ride had tons of memories for me. But I do think there have been great additions since Dark Knight.
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Critique on August 22nd, 2018, 6:45 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I've probably waited about a hundred hours for Deja Vu all the time it was at the park. You know how many hours I waited to ride X-Flight. Probably about 2 hours altogether. Dark Knight was the last great ride built in this park for me. They have had a lot of FLOPS since 2008, in my opinion.

I mean I respect your opinion but what???? X Flight and Goliath are the two best coasters in the park, and Justice League and Joker, while clones, were still fun additions that fit quite nicely within the park. I honestly prefer all four of those to Dark Knight.
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby Mean Streaker on August 22nd, 2018, 6:56 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Great America really seems to be moving away from shows and theaters. We saw what happened with Theater Royale, Southwest Ampitheater and now Pictorium. Do you think the Grand music hall could be in danger anytime soon? I would hate to see that thing go.

Hopefully they take out Wilderness and build the rest of Goliath. Such a huge start with an abrupt finish...

How often have the theaters been used in the past 5 years?
Mean Streaker

Postby MrsTaxi on August 22nd, 2018, 7:26 pm

I enjoy Dark Knight,too. Sad part is, most the effects are no longer working! Now it's lame.
MrsTaxi

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2018, 8:09 pm
If this next teaser is a complete red herring, I'm honestly so confused as to what we're getting next year.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 10:32 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
MrsTaxi wrote:

Hopefully they take out Wilderness and build the rest of Goliath. Such a huge start with an abrupt finish...

Goliath as you know it, IS the rest of Goliath. They designed a layout for that plot. that’s what was designed, that’s what was built. This whole “build the rest” makes no sense to me. Take it as it is. Regardless of it being short, it’s the only one with ALL larger elements which makes it unique. OR We could have never received that coaster while it went to any other park. Be happy you have it all ya know?

WHOS READY FOR 3PM TOMORROW?!
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2018, 10:45 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:
MrsTaxi wrote:[quote="JackGlass"]Great America really seems to be moving away from shows and theaters. We saw what happened with Theater Royale, Southwest Ampitheater and now Pictorium. Do you think the Grand music hall could be in danger anytime soon? I would hate to see that thing go.

Goliath as you know it, IS the rest of Goliath. They designed a layout for that plot. that’s what was designed, that’s what was built. This whole “build the rest” makes no sense to me. Take it as it is. Regardless of it being short, it’s the only one with ALL larger elements which makes it unique. OR We could have never received that coaster while it went to any other park. Be happy you have it all ya know?

WHOS READY FOR 3PM TOMORROW?![/quote]

Agree 100%
I wish people would stop saying finish it! It’s done! End of story! It’s unique and only 2 other parks in the world have ground up RMC’s. It’s an amazing coaster that adds to our wonderful line up and I couldn’t have asked for a better addition that year.

And yes...I CAN NOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!

B&MGuy35

Postby jmanporty7 on August 22nd, 2018, 10:54 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Agree 100%
I wish people would stop saying finish it! It’s done! End of story! It’s unique and only 2 other parks in the world have ground up RMC’s. It’s an amazing coaster that adds to our wonderful line up and I couldn’t have asked for a better addition that year.

And yes...I CAN NOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!

3 other ground up RMC's (sorry for being that asshole), but yes i also agree with Goliath. I bet we all wish it was longer, but it still a fantastic ride nonetheless. I'm happy to have it our park.
Last edited by jmanporty7 on August 22nd, 2018, 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on August 22nd, 2018, 11:11 pm
https://www.mystateline.com/news/rockfo ... 1386482832

ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford Park District has recommended selling or leasing Magic Waters, consolidating ice rinks, and closing pools, while reinvesting in neighborhood parks and aging infrastructure, in an effort to restructure and cut costs, at a meeting on Tuesday.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2018, 11:39 pm
staticshadows wrote:https://www.mystateline.com/news/rockford-park-district-considers-selling-magic-waters-reinvesting-in-others-to-save-money/1386482832

ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford Park District has recommended selling or leasing Magic Waters, consolidating ice rinks, and closing pools, while reinvesting in neighborhood parks and aging infrastructure, in an effort to restructure and cut costs, at a meeting on Tuesday.

Hurricane Harbor Rockford! ;)
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 22nd, 2018, 11:54 pm
^It doesn't really shock me about Magic Waters. They got a lawsuit (I think phony) against them with the water coaster, and they took that out. They added new drop slides they didn't need, and ever since they took away the water coaster, you see what's happening with this park. I haven't been their since the water coaster left. That was my favorite water slide at the places I've been. Personally, I now go to the Illinois Railway museum instead of Magic Waters - It's down the same expressway.

If Six Flags bought Magic Waters, the only good thing I see is that they might add another new waterslide, but the operations would be terrible. No tubes for nothing. Only double tubes even though you want to go alone on a slide. You go in a double tube, and it's so easy to fall out of. $25 parking when Magic Waters was free. Slow food lines. Very slow entering into the waterpark. No deals for 1 time visiting. It was around $9 for a locker, and you got $2 or $3 back if you returned it earlier. Six Flags lockers would probably be $20.

The people that go to this waterpark are mad right now that they can't bring coolers in anymore like they used to. Imagine what Six Flags would do to this place. They would really ruin this place.

I know no one on here really talks about the waterpark at Great America, but I have been going so much less because I just have been getting fed up with the waterpark and the operations of the waterpark. It's not whether or not they are adding a new slide. Just a poorly run waterpark (Great America), in my opinion.

In my opinion, the ride park for the most part (except Sky Trek Tower) is NOT run poorly like I think the waterpark is.

I think Magic Waters, on the other hand is run very good. The only problem is that they don't have as good certain attractions as the Yorkville waterpark, or Great America because they took away the AMAZING water coaster.

I definitely know that this Great Wolf Lodge is going to be taking away some people from Great America's waterpark, and thus people will stay less days at Great America. They (Great Wolf Lodge) even added more slides than Key Lime Cove had.
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 23rd, 2018, 1:54 am
This “standard” layout doesn’t exist any where, correct? Would this fit in our plot?

http://s-s.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/ ... oaster.pdf

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 23rd, 2018, 1:45 pm
WolfRaging95

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum