Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby AirTimeDaz on July 28th, 2018, 5:14 pm
To be honest, it's the end of july and harley quinn still isn't hasn't opened, and that's pretty embarassing to put it mildly seeing as though it looks like it should have been one of the first constructed, tested and ready to go. If they buy more skywarps, I would be shocked, so that basically means they'll buy more :lol:
AirTimeDaz

Postby Sven18 on July 28th, 2018, 8:12 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:To be honest, it's the end of july and harley quinn still isn't hasn't opened, and that's pretty embarassing to put it mildly seeing as though it looks like it should have been one of the first constructed, tested and ready to go. If they buy more skywarps, I would be shocked, so that basically means they'll buy more :lol:

Yes, it's embarrassing to have a ride open 2 weeks before you shut down daily operations. But the thing is SF never really planned it to open before late June and then Skyline had issues. I would be shocked if SF does not buy multiple Skywarps, they may be different variants as apparently the Horizon is available b/c Sea World is buying one. I predict 3 or 4 Skywarps, they are the new superloop in the chain. That 2M price tag is to good for SF to pass up and they can call it a coaster.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on July 29th, 2018, 2:58 am
Sven18 wrote:
AirTimeDaz wrote:To be honest, it's the end of july and harley quinn still isn't hasn't opened, and that's pretty embarassing to put it mildly seeing as though it looks like it should have been one of the first constructed, tested and ready to go. If they buy more skywarps, I would be shocked, so that basically means they'll buy more :lol:

Yes, it's embarrassing to have a ride open 2 weeks before you shut down daily operations. But the thing is SF never really planned it to open before late June and then Skyline had issues. I would be shocked if SF does not buy multiple Skywarps, they may be different variants as apparently the Horizon is available b/c Sea World is buying one. I predict 3 or 4 Skywarps, they are the new superloop in the chain. That 2M price tag is to good for SF to pass up and they can call it a coaster.

The old Trail Blazer site would be perfect for a skywarp. It wouldn't overshadow Demons lift hill and they could run the exit through that large building next to it. With a $2 Million price tag, these things will almost certainly become Six Flags new cookie cutter attraction. I wouldn't be surprised if the ride rotation program started up again as well. Jesters wild ride and King Chaos might reunite with iron Wolf and Ragin Cajun and become Six Flags Americas new attractions for 2019, lol
Attachments
29472134_1452401354899844_2371547375958228992_n.jpg
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on July 29th, 2018, 11:21 am
Speaking about Demon.... that rollercoaster will most likely be the next rollercoaster to leave the park. The dude who was keeping the rollercoaster there is in China now. And capacity wise.... it sucks. Not only that, many guests keep complaining that it is rough. Even have seen some people crying with a lot of ear bleeds and nose bleeds. It's gonna go wheter we like it or not. Don't know when... but I think it is going to leave soon.
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 29th, 2018, 11:39 am
IssaCoaster wrote:Speaking about Demon.... that rollercoaster will most likely be the next rollercoaster to leave the park. The dude who was keeping the rollercoaster there is in China now. And capacity wise.... it sucks. Not only that, many guests keep complaining that it is rough. Even have seen some people crying with a lot of ear bleeds and nose bleeds. It's gonna go wheter we like it or not. Don't know when... but I think it is going to leave soon.
Arrow coasters in general are dying. You see them mostly at CF parks. I'll be excited to see what Six Flags does with Demon/Buccaneer Battle.

I do still have a feeling if they go it will be at the same time. Or at least I hope they do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on July 29th, 2018, 12:19 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Speaking about Demon.... that rollercoaster will most likely be the next rollercoaster to leave the park. The dude who was keeping the rollercoaster there is in China now. And capacity wise.... it sucks. Not only that, many guests keep complaining that it is rough. Even have seen some people crying with a lot of ear bleeds and nose bleeds. It's gonna go wheter we like it or not. Don't know when... but I think it is going to leave soon.

Capacity-wise, Demon is one of the better coasters in the park. When running two trains, it has a higher throughput than Superman, TDK, Joker, V2, and Viper. When running three trains, it has a higher throughput than Goliath and American Eagle. When you say people are coming off the ride “crying” and “bleeding out of their ears and nose”, that’s just straight up bull. Sure, Demon may feel rough in some spots, but overall it’s a great entry level ride for young thrill seekers who aren’t quite ready for the big coasters. They have been doing some general upkeep on it recently, and I think not too far down the line we may be a contender for the next Blue Hawk conversion (if there is one). Until Great America finds a good ride to fill the gap Demon’s removal would leave in the line up, it’s not going anywhere.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JT2002 on July 29th, 2018, 12:27 pm
JaminOut wrote:

Capacity-wise, Demon is one of the better coasters in the park. When running two trains, it has a higher throughput than Superman, TDK, Joker, V2, and Viper. When running three trains, it has a higher throughput than Goliath and American Eagle. When you say people are coming off the ride “crying” and “bleeding out of their ears and nose”, that’s just straight up bull. Sure, Demon may feel rough in some spots, but overall it’s a great entry level ride for young thrill seekers who aren’t quite ready for the big coasters. They have been doing some general upkeep on it recently, and I think not too far down the line we may be a contender for the next Blue Hawk conversion (if there is one). Until Great America finds a good ride to fill the gap Demon’s removal would leave in the line up, it’s not going anywhere.

Agreed, getting rid of the demon would suck, and they consistently try to keep it in good condition. I'd say the next coaster go is v2.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on July 29th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Demon isn't even that rough. Six Flags is really cheap and stingy with money. I doubt that they would spend the cash demolishing it, Clearing the land, and having a custom coaster built when they can simply give it the Blue Hawk treatment and market it as "New for (Insert year)"
JackGlass

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 29th, 2018, 8:00 pm
Ok everyone!
At the park today and I did some looking around. Here’s the survey markers by Bull and the train. If you notice in the photos there are markers on 2 of bulls supports in orange which is telecommunications. There is also paint markings on the access road between tracks & whizzer. Rest of markers I saw are pink. First pic is the entrance sign walking into Hurricane Harbor. ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby IssaCoaster on July 29th, 2018, 11:07 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Ok everyone!
At the park today and I did some looking around. Here’s the survey markers by Bull and the train. If you notice in the photos there are markers on 2 of bulls supports in orange which is telecommunications. There is also paint markings on the access road between tracks & whizzer. Rest of markers I saw are pink. First pic is the entrance sign walking into Hurricane Harbor. ImageImageImageImageImage

They're going to turn Raging Bull into a giga coaster. It's confirmed.
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on July 29th, 2018, 11:11 pm
On a serious note, how big does the plot of land seem to be now since there are new survey markers by Bull?
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 29th, 2018, 11:19 pm
Based on where markers have been seen the entire affected area is roughly like what I drew. (I accidentally drew over HH path)

I use the words affected area lightly because things within that area may be affected by construction even if it's not part of the ride area. Image

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 29th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Based on where markers have been seen the entire affected area is roughly like what I drew. (I accidentally drew over HH path)

I use the words affected area lightly because things within that area may be affected by construction even if it's not part of the ride area. Image

Where I saw the markers today it’s actually more like this...

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 30th, 2018, 1:54 am
Bull will be 20 years old next year. Do you think SFGAm would alter it in some way?
SaveTheWAVE

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 30th, 2018, 1:58 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:Bull will be 20 years old next year. Do you think SFGAm would alter it in some way?

No

I don’t know who started this whole they’re turning Bull into a giga but it needs to stop.
[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

My guess is if it’s a coaster then the area down by Bull and whizzer would be the lift hill and then turn around back the other way and layout would be over where Pictorium was.

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 30th, 2018, 2:31 am
Fair enough. The more the footprint grows the more l think a custom T-Rex is on its way.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JackGlass on July 30th, 2018, 3:40 am
Thank you for posting those pictures B&MGuy35! This is getting interesting. Hopefully we will start seeing teasers soon!
JackGlass

Postby Funeralboy on July 30th, 2018, 8:31 am
Time for a surveyor to chime in here. I have not been to the park since May at which time some of Pictorium was still standing and only some of the land by Whizzer had been cleared. I caution you to not put too much into the surveyor markings that you see there. Some of those stakes could indeed be color coded to mark underground utilities (red = electric, blue= water & so on). Some of the other markings, say the flagging tied to the supports of Raging Bull could simply be reference marks for the surveyor and have nothing to do with the location of a possible future ride. Those marks could be what are known as backsights and are simply a known location that the surveyor uses to check what he is actually measuring or laying out. The actual ride location could be hundreds of feet in another direction. I'm not trying to throw cold water on anything or anybody, just giving my professional opinion. I'm a skeptic by nature so my apologies in advance.
Funeralboy

Postby Goku1910 on July 30th, 2018, 9:56 am
Which is exactly why my drawing did not include the area underneath Bull, I know how survey markings can be deceitful because everyone assumes it's to mark a spot. Take X-Flight as an example, there were markings all the way near Demon's brakes before the corkscrew and almost everyone thought Demon was a goner.
Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 30th, 2018, 10:06 am
Which is exactly why I said markings on Bull were orange. Orange means telecommunication lines. So those obviously were just marked to give them a line of where those particular lines are. All the other markings in and around Bull and Whizzer are pink, which is a temporary marker. But that also means none of them are marking Gas, Telecommunication, Water or Electric.

B&MGuy35

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 30th, 2018, 10:48 am
A couple of weeks back I saw some flags on some trees next to Viper's exit. I think they were orange. Can somebody get some pics of it? If not I may be at the park Friday I will get pics.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 30th, 2018, 4:42 pm
If I'm right the telecomunications will be for the sensors for the ride incase of an emergency.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby jmanporty7 on July 31st, 2018, 12:03 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:Fair enough. The more the footprint grows the more l think a custom T-Rex is on its way.

T-REX! T-REX! T-REX!
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on July 31st, 2018, 12:04 am
It's still interesting though. I doubt the coaster would go under the supports of Raging Bull or even the construction. I still think they have a pretty decent sized area to work with. And the RMCs (T-Rex, Raptor) are pretty compact compared to most rollercoasters. So we could actually get a decent ride layout if it turns out to be one[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. I just want a relentless rollercoaster like Outlaw Run was when I went on. The elements just kept on coming. Goliath does not do it for me. Batman the ride definetly does it for me if I sit in the back, but I need that ejector airtime that the park does not have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 31st, 2018, 12:10 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:If I'm right the telecomunications will be for the sensors for the ride incase of an emergency.
Uh, no, a ride sensor wire never goes directly into a data line, it always goes to the ride computer. If there was an emergency it's all done by phone.

But hey, maybe in 5 to 10 years rides will come equipped with on star so you'd be right then.

Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum