Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2018, 2:14 pm
For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

If we all just ignore his arrogant bullsh*t, he’ll just disappear.

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:28 pm
JaminOut wrote:For those of you new to the Sven/doubleb/bbd/schoup persona:

He’s just a troll who was given some demented gift by Satan where he feels the need to correct everyone on everything (even though his ‘facts’ are baseless) and use words with complex meanings like “price index” or “XYZ adjusted inflator”. Then when we correct his incorrectness he gets butthurt, tells us to clutch our pearls, and then disappears for a few weeks (or months).

(Oh, and the mods aren’t usually able to do anything because he doesn’t break any rules or whatever)

Your inferiority complex is noted! EBIDTA, per caps, etc..scary complex words? LOL
Last edited by Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 1st, 2018, 2:35 pm
Mods are non existence here period

CoasterNick3157

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 2:44 pm
Sven18 wrote:

Your inferiority complex is noted! EBIDTA, per caps, etc..scary complex words? LOL
His point is that you use complex words incorrectly, not that it's a complaint against you.

You're interpretation of discussion needs work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:50 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

His point is that you use complex words incorrectly, not that it's a complaint against you.

LOL. Nice try never used the words he claimed and I use financial terms correctly. He's in his SF fanboy fantasy. I'm sure EBIDTA rattles his small mind to understand it and why the industry thinks it's such a good metric.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 2:50 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

LOL. Nice try never used the words he claimed and I use financial terms correctly. He's in his SF fanboy fantasy. I'm sure Adjusted EBIDTA rattles his small mind to understand it and why the industry thinks it's such a good metric.
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 3:00 pm
For someone who tries so hard to act like a sophisticated adult, you sure love to overuse "LOL".

No one here likes your "I'm always right" attitude so you can either keep the discussion on topic or continue to ramble on and on about your so-called superior intellect and we'll continue to not care.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 3:18 pm
Sven18 what is the maximum amount that Six Flags can spend on a single roller coaster? Has Jim Reid Anderson or anyone on the board of directors specifically said "We won't spend X amount on a single ride"? If so, please post the source! Thanks!
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 3:29 pm
You picked the right person to ask that question. He's got all the insider information.

Goku1910

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 3:32 pm
JackGlass wrote:Sven18 what is the maximum amount that Six Flags can spend on a single roller coaster? Has Jim Reid Anderson or anyone on the board of directors specifically said "We won't spend X amount on a single ride"? If so, please post the source! Thanks!

I was waiting for the expected Lucy/Charlie Brown football logic. You SF fanboys keep foolishly hoping SF will finally let you kick the football. They can't and haven't bought expensive coasters for a reason. It's been explained 100 times, but the facts hurt fanboys
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 3:38 pm
Pretty sure he was asking a question politely but once again you gave a rambling response about how Six Flags sucks and doesn't buy expensive attractions.

Why did you even bother reply?

Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 3:41 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Sven18 what is the maximum amount that Six Flags can spend on a single roller coaster? Has Jim Reid Anderson or anyone on the board of directors specifically said "We won't spend X amount on a single ride"? If so, please post the source! Thanks!

I was waiting for the expected Lucy/Charlie Brown football logic. You SF fanboys keep foolishly hoping SF will finally let you kick the football. They can't and haven't bought expensive coasters for a reason. It's been explained 100 times, but the facts hurt fanboys

So in other words you have no sources what so ever, and can't answer a simple question. I saw your Grobble account on youtube too on Coaster Nets videos, using that same Charlie Brown and the football line. You sir need to get a life, lol
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 4:01 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

So in other words you have no sources what so ever, and can't answer a simple question. I saw your Grobble account on youtube too on Coaster Nets videos, using that same Charlie Brown and the football line. You sir need to get a life, lol

Sorry facts hurt the SF fanboys. Your last "coaster" was a superloop and the one before a 7M carnival ride that has much shorter lines and the lines are only really b/c of the really bad capacity ---Good Grief ...CharlieBrown
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 4:02 pm
*Grabs popcorn.

Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 4:07 pm
Yeah and from 2003 all the way up to 2012 we had nothing but kiddie coasters (Ragin Cajun, Dark Knight, Little Dipper) and all of a sudden we got X-Flight. You keep tossing the word "fan boy" around. Good God sir.... you spend more time on Six Flags forums than every member here combined, lol Please site your source that specifically states that Six Flags will not spend "X" amount on a Roller Coaster. Your imagination doesn't count as a source!
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 4:15 pm
JackGlass wrote:Yeah and from 2003 all the way up to 2012 we had nothing but kiddie coasters (Ragin Cajun, Dark Knight, Little Dipper) and all of a sudden we got X-Flight. You keep tossing the word "fan boy" around. Good God sir.... you spend more time on Six Flags forums than every member here combined, lol Please site your source that specifically states that Six Flags will not spend "X" amount on a Roller Coaster. Your imagination doesn't count as a source!

Try understanding their financials which you won't and you know why they haven't and aren't buying a 20M om a Mack Launch coaster. Now when they don;t I' know their will be crickets with internal whining. You people have battered wife syndrome with SF.
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 4:19 pm
.... And he dodges the question again!

.... Clearly doesn't understand how a speculation forum works.

Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 4:25 pm
Six Flags literally spent $135 Million on CAPEX in 2017, the exact same amount that they spent in 2005 when Kingda Ka and Hurricane Harbor opened (Keep in mind Six Flags had more properties in 2005 than they do now)
You clearly have no sources and are either a rambling drunk or someone who has a vendetta against Six Flags... Maybe they rejected your application to play Bugs Bunny or hand out balloons back in the day, lol

Conversation with you is pointless.
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 4:27 pm
I would use the word conversation more loosely in this topic....his most active topic. No matter what you say the response will always be the same.
#SixFlagsisBest #SixFlagsFanForLife
Goku1910

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 4:33 pm
JackGlass wrote:Six Flags literally spent $135 Million on CAPEX in 2017, the exact same amount that they spent in 2005 when Kingda Ka and Hurricane Harbor opened (Keep in mind Six Flags had more properties in 2005 than they do now)
You clearly have no sources and are either a rambling drunk or someone who has a vendetta against Six Flags... Maybe they rejected your application to play Bugs Bunny or hand out balloons back in the day, lol

You clearly think that is the ride budget,,oh foolish child. FYI, the reason SF went bankrupt is multiple years of their revenue in relation to spending. They also had ADJ EBIDTA to debt ratio of 9 to 1 compared to about 3 or 3.5 to 1 now. The formula prevents this foolishness.
Last edited by Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 4:56 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Six Flags literally spent $135 Million on CAPEX in 2017, the exact same amount that they spent in 2005 when Kingda Ka and Hurricane Harbor opened (Keep in mind Six Flags had more properties in 2005 than they do now)

You clearly think that is the ride budget,,oh foolish child. FYI, the reason SF bankrupt istheir revenue in 2005 in relation to spending. The formula prevents that foolishness.

About 60% is the ride budget (Which is adjustable and set on a year to year basis) CAPEX includes many other things, such as adding Holiday in the park which in turn generates more revenue in the long run.
Leading to a greater and greater slice of revenue for the CAPEX budget.

Six Flags could easily allocate a large sum of money to one park and simply add shows or skywarps to several others as well as relocate rides.

Six Flags went bankrupt, not because of Kingda Ka or Raging Bull or Tatsu. But because they added far too many rides and purchased way too many parks that offered little to no return. Projections were way too optimistic.
JackGlass

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 1st, 2018, 5:02 pm
Alright can we please stop this leads us nowhere to what we are getting in 2019. Guys we need to defending ourselves in our claims we need to go back on topic before anything happens that can complicate the situations we are already in. This makes me wonder how worse can this get and if it was a good choice to make this thread. Now please back on topic.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 5:09 pm
My apologizes for feeding the troll. At this point I'm leaning towards coaster for 2019. I thought it was originally going to be a Hurricane Harbor expansion, but the current surveyor marks stretching all the way back into the trees don't seem to indicate that.
JackGlass

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2018, 5:59 pm
Guys, my inside sources claim that the Adjusted EDBITOMG has caused Six Flags to raise their CapEx for 2019 and because of it we are getting a single rail Aquatrax launched giga dive coaster in Pictorium’s former spot! LOL!
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 6:47 pm
JaminOut wrote:Guys, my inside sources claim that the Adjusted EDBITOMG has caused Six Flags to raise their CapEx for 2019 and because of it we are getting a single rail Aquatrax launched giga dive coaster in Pictorium’s former spot! LOL!

You're stupidity is noted and expected. A supposed top 3 park in the chain and your last fake coaster is a 1M superloop and the previous is a 7M carnival ride pseudo coaster. Let that ruminate fanboy
Last edited by Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum