Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on July 31st, 2018, 12:18 am
IssaCoaster wrote:It's still interesting though. I doubt the coaster would go under the supports of Raging Bull or even the construction. I still think they have a pretty decent sized area to work with. And the RMCs (T-Rex, Raptor) are pretty compact compared to most rollercoasters. So we could actually get a decent ride layout if it turns out to be one[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. I just want a relentless rollercoaster like Outlaw Run was when I went on. The elements just kept on coming. Goliath does not do it for me. Batman the ride definetly does it for me if I sit in the back, but I need that ejector airtime that the park does not have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

A T-REX would be amazing, and a great addition to our lineup! Great America has a really unique coaster line up, but the one thing we lack is a large steel looper. A REX would fill that void perfectly.
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on July 31st, 2018, 8:04 am
Well we will hopefully find out the truth on August 30th.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby IssaCoaster on July 31st, 2018, 3:04 pm
If they start teasing, would it be tomorrow or sometime soon?
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 31st, 2018, 3:07 pm
Probably not until the end of August.

They used to do reveals in early August but it's been pushed back to the beginning of September in recent years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on July 31st, 2018, 3:13 pm
Six Flags Fiesta Texas confirmed that announcement day is August 30th. I’d expect a teaser tomorrow.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby WolfRaging95 on July 31st, 2018, 3:22 pm
JaminOut wrote:Six Flags Fiesta Texas confirmed that announcement day is August 30th. I’d expect a teaser tomorrow.

I think it could be tomorrow too. In the past years, they seem to have the teasers for each week or however long in between each teaser typically ends up coming out on a Wednesday.
WolfRaging95

Postby JackGlass on July 31st, 2018, 3:45 pm
If this new attraction turns out to be a coaster, that would mean we are just 5 away from having 20 roller coasters at Great America! I think 20 actual coasters (Not including Hangover or counting Eagle as two) would be a good cut off number. Anything beyond that just seems like overkill.

I hope that in the future they add more family orientated rides like a Ferris wheel, Flying scooters and something like Houdinis great escape. That one they have at Great Adventure was really fun
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on July 31st, 2018, 5:51 pm
The last few years have generally seen not as many teasers, and them starting later, so based on that trend I wouldn't necessarily expect anything for another few weeks...

Anybody want to do the research to see when they actually started the last few years?
anewman35

Postby JT2002 on July 31st, 2018, 6:28 pm
^Well the last couple years haven't had as many major rides. If it is a large addition, we will probably see more teasing sooner than later.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on July 31st, 2018, 6:32 pm
August 14th was the first Twitter tease last year...
https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/sta ... 9994170370
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby gottastrata33 on July 31st, 2018, 7:10 pm
If it’s a huge addition, they’ll start teasing as soon as possible in my opinion. But we never seem to get what they’re ever up to, do we? Lol
gottastrata33

Postby WolfRaging95 on July 31st, 2018, 7:39 pm
anewman35 wrote:The last few years have generally seen not as many teasers, and them starting later, so based on that trend I wouldn't necessarily expect anything for another few weeks...

Anybody want to do the research to see when they actually started the last few years?

August 14, 2017 - Chase The Storm.

August 29, 2016 - Picture of East River cars placed in random spots to teaser Joker.

August 14, 2015 - #SFGAm2016 Part 1.

August 11, 2014 - Choose your Path teaser part 1

August 1, 2013 - Follow the Journey Part 1.

August 1, 2012 - #GreatAmerica2013.

July 26, 2011 - Scribbled out plans on paper for 2012 "It's baaack!" Teaser for Eagle blue backward, Steve Miller band and X Flight. I forgot about this one haha!

August 25, 2010 - “Coming in 2011” tab to see if you can solve the puzzle...

I searched on YouTube and Facebook for these.
WolfRaging95

Postby gottastrata33 on August 1st, 2018, 1:35 am
I still want a B&M dive machine in our lineup. One day.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 1st, 2018, 1:53 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I still want a B&M dive machine in our lineup. One day.

I still think we were supposed to get one and got X-Flight instead. Remember way back before it went up I remember Hank stating that the coming attraction would connect the SWF and DejaVu sites. What coaster at that time was know for diving under ground and midways? Yep a B&M Dive Coaster

Oh well I guess we will never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 2:36 am
A Dive machine is totally possible. Sheikra only cost $13.5 Million so that's well within Six Flags budget.
JackGlass

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 1st, 2018, 8:44 am
^ So it's totally posible and it won't effect our ride budget. Sven you owe us an apology.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 1st, 2018, 8:48 am
Personally would hate to see a Dive Machine. Far and away B&M's least exciting product, I think. Throw in vest restraints (which appear to have become the standard on these) , and you entirely take away the one redeeming quality these rides offer- the airtime on the vertical drops.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 10:11 am
JackGlass wrote:A Dive machine is totally possible. Sheikra only cost $13.5 Million so that's well within Six Flags budget.

Please list all the $18M rides SF has bought since bankruptcy? The Answer is none! That's what its 2005 cost to translates to with inflation
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 10:12 am
t
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ So it's totally posible and it won't effect our ride budget. Sven you owe us an apology.

List all SF 18M coasters bought since bankruptcy?
Last edited by Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 10:13 am
Uh-oh, he's back to drop his almighty knowledge in a speculation forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby jmanporty7 on August 1st, 2018, 10:43 am
How much do you think SFMM's likely to be Mack launch coaster is going to cost? Probably $18-$20 million. They ain't cheap and all rumors point to a Mack going to SFMM.
jmanporty7

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 11:22 am
jmanporty7 wrote:How much do you think SFMM's likely to be Mack launch coaster is going to cost? Probably $18-$20 million. They ain't cheap and all rumors point to a Mack going to SFMM.

Likely according to whom? Fanboys talk from a video where the guy made a bunch of errors when talking about things. Can't wait for the disappointment when you people realize that the guy didn't know what he was talking about and he was talking about Carolina(carowinds) and not California. Carowinds Mack is confirmed, permits, actual imported freight containers from Mack with manifest of roller coaster and the receiver Carowinds. SF evidence? Btw, do you really think if SF was going to have a Mack Launch and Carowinds is confirmed, SF wouldn't have announced weeks early like last year. CF announcement is in 2 weeks along with Wonderland. It would have been just like last year. SF knew the Raptor was the best thing they were getting and didn't want CGA to over shadow them. CF best coaster coming was Steel vengeance so they weren't worried about the optics. If SFMM was really getting this they would have announced early just like last year, they haven't and aren't b/c it's not a Mack Launch. The disappointment of it not being a Mack could be compounded, as it may end up just being a revamp of the entire area which was dreadful. Throw in a thrill flat ride package of Turbillion, Skywarp Eclipse, Endeavour, etc... If it's a coaster it maybe a RMC Raptor(SF does not care about capacity) or some other inexpensive compact coaster like the new Vekoma Blitz.
Sven18

Postby jmanporty7 on August 1st, 2018, 11:37 am
I forgot where I saw this, but a little while back I saw an interview with Mack and they stated a they are building a coaster out in califonia. Right now, the only park out in california that has any sort of large land development is SFMM. Whether it's a regular launch coaster, or one of the new spinning coaster concepts (Cobra's Curse or Time Traveler), I am 99% sure SFMM is getting some sort of Mack coaster.
jmanporty7

Postby Sven18 on August 1st, 2018, 11:59 am
jmanporty7 wrote:I forgot where I saw this, but a little while back I saw an interview with Mack and they stated a they are building a coaster out in califonia. Right now, the only park out in california that has any sort of large land development is SFMM. Whether it's a regular launch coaster, or one of the new spinning coaster concepts (Cobra's Curse or Time Traveler), I am 99% sure SFMM is getting some sort of Mack coaster.

It's from the video already referenced. The guy made a bunch of errors, There is no actual evidence, it's SF fanboys thinking suddenly SF is going to spend 20M though they keep reiterating their cap exp formula even with adding new parks.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 12:06 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:A Dive machine is totally possible. Sheikra only cost $13.5 Million so that's well within Six Flags budget.

Please list all the $18M rides SF has bought since bankruptcy? The Answer is none! That's what its 2005 cost to translates to with inflation

Are you using a core inflation calculator? How did you come to that $18 Million number? Alpengeist was built in 1997 and it cost $20 Million and Its length is 3,828 feet. Banshee was just built in 2014 and it cost $24 Million and its length is 4,124 feet. Banshee also has new state of the art B&M trains. That doesn't seem like a big price increase at all despite the fact that almost 20 years had passed.
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum