Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2018, 6:52 pm
You say noted a lot, do you have notes on me? What do your notes say about me? Am I a fan boy?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on August 1st, 2018, 7:20 pm
Can we not do this.... please. I just want to speculate on what's coming. Not argue about who is smarter or who is right or wrong. It's just speculation.... nobody is completely sure about what's gonna happen. They may spend, they may not. They may buy a coaster, they may not. I just wanna know what coaster they're gonna build if they decide to build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 1st, 2018, 8:01 pm
I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on August 1st, 2018, 8:03 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.

I don't see a discovery frisbee because we already have revolution. Btw... does the super loop count as a "small" addition to the park?
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 1st, 2018, 11:06 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'm really stumped on what this could be. It's hard to really give a good guess because it could go three ways; coaster, flat (I could see a discovery frisbee), or a waterpark addition.

I don't see a discovery frisbee because we already have revolution. Btw... does the super loop count as a "small" addition to the park?

The real addition this year is Holiday in the park, the larson looper was just an added bonus. I wonder if they will add more climate friendly parks such as Discovery Kingdom and Over Texas to their 365 day a year schedule like they did with Magic Mountain.
JackGlass

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2018, 11:31 pm
I believe Discover Kingdom already operates year round, just not 365 days a year. I’d suppose it’s because DK doesn’t have the LA tourism/traffic to justify being open.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby chicagoperson on August 1st, 2018, 11:58 pm

To me a flatride just seems impossible...that hill makes anything but a coaster seem unlikely, and i would hope Great America wouldn't waste the best real estate they've had since shockwave's departure on an unneeded water park expansion.
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

Postby gottastrata33 on August 2nd, 2018, 2:55 am
Remember that time I said I’d like a dive machine & two pages of crazy happened?

Does anyone think we’re ever gonna see a Mack “Pulsar” come to one of the state parks? We saw it in concept art for Dubai (know that means very little).
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 2nd, 2018, 7:22 am
chicagoperson wrote:

To me a flatride just seems impossible...that hill makes anything but a coaster seem unlikely, and i would hope Great America wouldn't waste the best real estate they've had since shockwave's departure on an unneeded water park expansion.

Just playing devil's advocate, what makes sense water park expansion more undeeded than a roller coaster? We get new coasters a lot more often than water park expansions...
anewman35

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 2nd, 2018, 11:10 am
Courtesy of Jiggidy NDG via Facebook

Looks like a construction trailer has now been added.

https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/photos/a.930099103860614.1073741960.152984551572077/930103063860218/?type=3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby benneluke on August 2nd, 2018, 11:16 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Looks like a construction trailer has now been added.

That's been there for a while now. Not sure if it really means anything yet.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby JackGlass on August 2nd, 2018, 11:29 am
So far they've done a great job with keeping things silent. If this does turn out to be a coaster, I still hope they use Sky Treks Exit as an easy access entrance for Hurricane Harbor. They could just reroute Sky Treks exit like thy have at California's Great America
JackGlass

Postby bearcub12 on August 2nd, 2018, 12:53 pm
Has anyone thought about the fact it could be a big indoors coaster? I'm sure it would be really hard to design, but now that SF has added Holiday At The Park, I think they'd have more indoors rides for all the people who don't feel like going on massive roller coasters in the freezing cold come November and December.
bearcub12

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 2nd, 2018, 12:57 pm
bearcub12 wrote:Has anyone thought about the fact it could be a big indoors coaster? I'm sure it would be really hard to design, but now that SF has added Holiday At The Park, I think they'd have more indoors rides for all the people who don't feel like going on massive roller coasters in the freezing cold come November and December.

No just no
Please God no
We all know what happened the last time six flags tried to do a indoor coaster. Besides they don’t care about that for HITP. Emphasis is on the lighting and shows they will have going on for that and not the rides. Rides just are a added benefit.

My current prediction is either a multi inversion T-Rex or some type of launch coaster.

B&MGuy35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 2nd, 2018, 1:36 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
bearcub12 wrote:Has anyone thought about the fact it could be a big indoors coaster? I'm sure it would be really hard to design, but now that SF has added Holiday At The Park, I think they'd have more indoors rides for all the people who don't feel like going on massive roller coasters in the freezing cold come November and December.

No just no
Please God no
We all know what happened the last time six flags tried to do a indoor coaster. Besides they don’t care about that for HITP. Emphasis is on the lighting and shows they will have going on for that and not the rides. Rides just are a added benefit.

My current prediction is either a multi inversion T-Rex or some type of launch coaster.

You know... this is just way out of the way, but what if Six Flags scraped V2 and got a larger version of Discovery Kingdom's Ultimate Flight? Wasn't there other models? But back on topic, I feel like a launch coaster would work well in the area... but I'm just scared Six Flags won't do it right. T-Rex you probably can't go wrong
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 2nd, 2018, 1:39 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:

No just no
Please God no

You know... this is just way out of the way, but what if Six Flags scraped V2 and got a larger version of Discovery Kingdom's Ultimate Flight? Wasn't there other models? But back on topic, I feel like a launch coaster would work well in the area... but I'm just scared Six Flags won't do it right. T-Rex you probably can't go wrong
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:02 pm
& there we have it. It’s a water park expansion.

Teaser is now up. Road to glory... but takes place in Riptide Bay.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:05 pm
Could be a false lead. Great America loves to throw us off but either way.

That's disappointing considering I never go into the Waterpark and don't see it as a huge asset.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2018, 3:06 pm
:( This sucks. It's weird the first teaser is out so early if its just for a waterpark addition. They spent a while showing "SPF 1,000" It probably means nothing but after finding out how many easter eggs are in previous teasers, I don't know what I should over think.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2018, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:10 pm
Don't jump to conclusions. It's only the 1st Teaser.

Goku1910

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 2nd, 2018, 3:11 pm
Road to Glory suggests the person might be going around the park and riding the biggest rides? Might explain why he rides the drop slides first. The people that spray the sunscreen are wearing the old xflight jumpsuits.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Bobthebuilder645

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 2nd, 2018, 3:14 pm
Really hope that is just deception on the marketing departments part.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby benneluke on August 2nd, 2018, 3:17 pm
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:Road to Glory suggests the person might be going around the park and riding the biggest rides?

I have a feeling that is exactly what they're doing. The next will be either Goliath or Giant Drop.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby JackGlass on August 2nd, 2018, 3:24 pm
Racing themed launch coaster MAXX Force.
JackGlass

Postby ilrider on August 2nd, 2018, 3:24 pm
^You just beat me to it.

I got a ride name survey back in the spring or early summer, and one of the names was a car racing theme, but I forget the exact name. I am sure one of you geeks will remember it (and I mean that in the most loving way possible). Maybe it was Maxx Force. Now, one of the options for a ride for that car racing theme was a launched racing coaster. I think the water slide shot is too obvious and is a red herring. They know a lot of us think it could be a water coaster. I would be disappointed if they made it that obvious.

So, my first call is a full circuit launched racing coaster, and possible removal of V2, which I would be fine with.
Last edited by ilrider on August 2nd, 2018, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilrider

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum