Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 13th, 2018, 12:54 pm
^ Yeah we can't deny that.

Also I heard rumors that SFMM is going to get their first 20 million dollar addition since the Premier Age and that can open up opportunities for other parks including Great America.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 13th, 2018, 2:12 pm
It looks like Capex will normalize between $135-$145 Million per year. That's what Premier was spending back in 2005 and 2006, but they spent almost all of that money on major coasters and let the parks turn into dumps.

There's nothing wrong with spending $20 Million on a coaster for one park, but you can't add 4 $20 Million coasters in one year while your parks fall apart and services erode. lol
Attachments
29.jpg
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 13th, 2018, 3:13 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:When it comes to the American Eagle and RMC. I would love to see it! It would be extremely expensive to use IBOX track on 9,000 + feet, so they would probably end up going with topper track.

The Great American Eagle would almost certainly be a GP magnet. Look what RMC did to Mean Streak. They took one of the worst wooden coasters in the world and turned it into one of the best Roller Coasters in the world.

Who ever thought Mean Streak would end up being one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point? lol

I made this prediction elsewhere but I'll repeat it: IF they do Ironhorse/RMC Eagle, the new name will be "Steel Eagle"! And the year to do that is 2021, the 40th anniversary!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 13th, 2018, 3:24 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:
Jacklw6499 wrote:RMC eagle will most likely be for 2021. Should be a massive project. As for next year's attraction, it's gonna be something enthusiasts have been wanting for a long time. Get excited ladies and gentleman.

Hopefully it's our long a waited full circuit launch coaster. Are you saying you know what the attraction is?

I doubt he knows. But if we get a full circuit launch coaster, would Six Flags make it good or make it trash? I can't tell. I did hear that Full Throttle was a good ride though. So if we get that it would be fine. I hope it would be something better.

If we get a new launcher, then we can finally say goodbye to V2!!! #2 on my list of rides to come down!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby IssaCoaster on July 13th, 2018, 11:28 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Yeah we can't deny that.

Also I heard rumors that SFMM is going to get their first 20 million dollar addition since the Premier Age and that can open up opportunities for other parks including Great America.

Magic Mountain is not in a huge need of a coaster right now. Neither is Great America tbh... but us and Great Adventure need it way more than they do. Maybe we can use that 20 million to extend the length of Goliath :lol:
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 14th, 2018, 4:59 am
I'm glad they have cleaned up Magic Mountain and focused on flats rather than coasters, which is what they really needed. Magic Mountain has a great roller coaster collection and after they add their 20th, I hope they continue to focus on flats and further beautifying the park and obviously fixing up older coasters.... Hopefully giving Viper the Blue Hawk treatment in 2020 for it's 30th anniversery.

As far as Great America goes? Corporate seems hell bent on adding as many Roller Coasters to this park as possible. Coaster wise, we have been much better off than Magic Mountain and Great Adventure, post-bankruptcy

Attendance levels are reaching levels that we have't seen since the 90's and Six Flags has record EBITDA. So I'm not one to second guess their strategy. It's clearly working so far.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 14th, 2018, 9:46 am
^ Yeah that's great but I would like to take a break of roller coasters coming to this park (you can throw all the tomatoes you can once I come back). I just think they should focus on the family rides and more attendance means more line waiting.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 14th, 2018, 10:00 am
Jacklw6499 wrote:...something enthusiasts have been wanting for a long time.

I'm taking this with a giant grain of salt, but as it is a speculation thread, the first thing that comes to mind is a legitimate sitdown looper. Vekoma is doing wonderful things nowadays with that style of coaster. A Lech Coaster clone, or something along those lines would be at the top of my list.

Lech Coaster: https://rcdb.com/11034.htm
Formula (launched looper): https://rcdb.com/12362.htm

Actually, a B&M Gigacoaster would be at the top of my list, but since this is Six Flags...
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby IssaCoaster on July 14th, 2018, 10:56 am
I just want a great coaster to come to the park. Not just some gimmicks to and clones. But we'll see. I know they're gonna add a good one soon
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on July 14th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Any updates on the construction lately?
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 14th, 2018, 12:34 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Any updates on the construction lately?
Not really. I'm at the park now and I see no significance of the pipes spotted a few days ago and the red/orange markings are simply for the leftover utilities from Pictorium that are still buried.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby staticshadows on July 14th, 2018, 12:51 pm
I have only seen one survey marker by Whizzer from the train. I am guessing this is just being used as a benchmark or reference point for the surveying. It is best to put that in a place that won't be disturbed by construction.
staticshadows

Postby Goku1910 on July 14th, 2018, 12:54 pm
Same goes for the bottom of the slope. It seems to me that whatever they're building will only use the space on the top.

Now I'm leaning towards it being a skywarp. Ugh.

Last edited by Goku1910 on July 14th, 2018, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby ilrider on July 14th, 2018, 1:28 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Same goes for the bottom of the slope. It seems to me that whet ever they're building will only use the space on the top.

Please no! That ride is so pointless for our park, with the coaster collection we already have. This is a prime piece of real estate in the park. I have been waiting for the Pictorium to come down for years, excited about what we could get in that space. I think it will be a major addition.
ilrider

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 14th, 2018, 3:49 pm
Goku1910 wrote:

Yep. I'd rather just have Pictorium sitting around rotting than getting a glorified Superloop.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Goku1910 on July 14th, 2018, 3:58 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:

Yep. I'd rather just have Pictorium sitting around rotting than getting a glorified Superloop.
It's just a really really horrible guess. I know I'm the the only one who hopes that I'm wrong.

Goku1910

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 14th, 2018, 4:39 pm
I’m leaning toward a prototype T-Rex. Keep in mind that it’s possible to support pieces of track that are outside of the cleared area by extension of a main load-bearing column. So, if it is a coaster, a steel one, anyway, the track could very possibly meet Whizzer’s ride area at some point.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JT2002 on July 14th, 2018, 4:57 pm
As long as it's some sort of coaster, I'm happy. And in my book, any sort of Skywarp, Larsen loop, or any other cheap cloned flat ride doesn't qualify as a coaster. Yes, I'm looking at you Six Flags.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Goku1910 on July 14th, 2018, 5:10 pm
JT2002 wrote:As long as it's some sort of coaster, I'm happy. And in my book, any sort of Skywarp, Larsen loop, or any other cheap cloned flat ride doesn't qualify as a coaster. Yes, I'm looking at you Six Flags.
And I'd rather it not be a coaster if it meant that it fit Six Flags' definition of "Roller Coaster".

Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on July 15th, 2018, 11:44 am
JT2002 wrote:As long as it's some sort of coaster, I'm happy. And in my book, any sort of Skywarp, Larsen loop, or any other cheap cloned flat ride doesn't qualify as a coaster. Yes, I'm looking at you Six Flags.

We better not get a skywarp after the Super Loop
IssaCoaster

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 15th, 2018, 2:03 pm
Pictorium’s former site is far too large for a Skywarp, assuming Pictorium’s entrance will hold passage to the new attraction plus a few switchbacks. The queue may interact with the new ride much like X-Flight.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 15th, 2018, 6:26 pm
^ Hey you never know they can do the world's largest, tallest, longest, and fastest skywarp. Followed by the world's largest queue for an uneccesary ride.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 15th, 2018, 6:30 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Hey you never know they can do the world's largest, tallest, longest, and fastest skywarp. Followed by the world's largest queue for an uneccesary ride.

Hahaha!!! Truth.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby IssaCoaster on July 15th, 2018, 9:26 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ Hey you never know they can do the world's largest, tallest, longest, and fastest skywarp. Followed by the world's largest queue for an uneccesary ride.

I hope it is a proper launch coaster. I want a world class launch coaster, but it would be unrealistic. Honestly the T rex sounds good too. I just don't see Six flags putting in the money to make it good
IssaCoaster

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 17th, 2018, 2:59 pm
Now that I think of it the control panel needs a lot of electricity to run. Well if so then I think we already know where the control panel for the ride is going to be.
_FuryBull_330_

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum