Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on July 10th, 2018, 4:26 pm
coasterjoy wrote:
Jacklw6499 wrote:According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.

When RMC comes to a park and does a track walk like this, what all are the possibilities for what they would be doing? Like an estimate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think so. It would make sense that they are back there again though because weren't they looking at it couple years back? Maybe they have been planning the layout all this time and Sixflags has been putting it off for a later year. Who knows tbh. I'm still thinking something is going in that pictorium spot first though. Then an RMC Eagle. If they RMC.... Six flags better let them do it the right way.
IssaCoaster

Postby JaminOut on July 11th, 2018, 12:07 am
IssaCoaster wrote:
coasterjoy wrote:
Jacklw6499 wrote:According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.

When RMC comes to a park and does a track walk like this, what all are the possibilities for what they would be doing? Like an estimate?

I would think so. It would make sense that they are back there again though because weren't they looking at it couple years back? Maybe they have been planning the layout all this time and Sixflags has been putting it off for a later year. Who knows tbh. I'm still thinking something is going in that pictorium spot first though. Then an RMC Eagle. If they RMC.... Six flags better let them do it the right way.

The official story was that RMC was looking to build Iron Eagle for the 2014 season. They did a walk around and ride evaluation in 2012 at Eagle’s site. While walking back to the offices the passed through Iron Wolf’s former spot. RMC asked them about their plans for it (of which they had none) and RMC offered up the idea of a custom ground-up coaster. Management liked the idea, they discussed it, and now we have Goliath.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby coasterjoy on July 11th, 2018, 1:37 am
Was Six Flags actually planning on going through with RMC'ing Eagle before they went through with Goliath instead?
coasterjoy

Postby IssaCoaster on July 11th, 2018, 9:34 am
coasterjoy wrote:Was Six Flags actually planning on going through with RMC'ing Eagle before they went through with Goliath instead?

I mean, they probably were going to. But that opportunity was too much to pass up. Breaking 4 world records at once with a short rollercoaster seemed like Six flags style alright. But I think they are still looking at Eagle. The potential that thing has is huge.
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 11th, 2018, 9:35 am
Potential that is stifled by it's location.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby momlovescoasters on July 11th, 2018, 10:24 am
I have mixed feelings about Eagle. It’s my favorite ride in the park and I’m scared the changes would be too drastic. I love the first drop....I know it’s not the steepest or tallest but something about it just makes me laugh and happy. I guess the positive part of an RMC is not having to drag and bribe other people to ride it with me because “it’s too rough”.
momlovescoasters

Postby IssaCoaster on July 11th, 2018, 12:05 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Potential that is stifled by it's location.

So they can't build on top of the structure at all? I thought it was if they tore it down they couldn't put anything in that spot.
IssaCoaster

Postby American Eagle 1981 on July 11th, 2018, 1:05 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:

So they can't build on top of the structure at all? I thought it was if they tore it down they couldn't put anything in that spot.

No that’s not true. I used to believe that as well but I’ve found it to be false from city laws. Anything could be built in the spot as long as it stays 50 feet away from Washington.
American Eagle 1981

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 11th, 2018, 4:32 pm
RMC eagle will most likely be for 2021. Should be a massive project. As for next year's attraction, it's gonna be something enthusiasts have been wanting for a long time. Get excited ladies and gentleman.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby RollingCoasting on July 11th, 2018, 4:42 pm
Bill's Lemonade is coming back?!!?? :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on July 11th, 2018, 4:45 pm
American Eagle 1981 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:

No that’s not true. I used to believe that as well but I’ve found it to be false from city laws. Anything could be built in the spot as long as it stays 50 feet away from Washington.
Did they reduce it? Used to be more than 50 feet from what I remember. Do you know what's the distance limit on I-94?

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby MrsTaxi on July 11th, 2018, 5:07 pm
RMC does regular track work,too....don't they? I have mixed feelings about changing Eagle. Goliath is an awesome ride and all but, Those seatbelts keep getting shorter and shorter! :shock:
MrsTaxi

Postby jmanporty7 on July 11th, 2018, 5:09 pm
Would that mean they would have to get rid of the 2 helix's at the end of the ride from both sides, if they were to do RMC Eagle?
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on July 11th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
American Eagle 1981 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:

Did they reduce it? Used to be more than 50 feet from what I remember. Do you know what's the distance limit on I-94?

Yes, Gurnee redid all of their zoning a few years back and worked with Six Flags on the new rules for district C-5. The houses across Washington aren’t part of Gurnee and will most likely be redeveloped when Gurnee annexes the property in the future.

c. The following setbacks are required for all structures and parking areas:
(1) 100 feet when abutting any residential district, which must be maintained in a natural state. This buffer yard replaces any other buffer yard required by this Ordinance. When groups of trees die in any buffer yard adjacent to residential that result in the opening of views into the park, landscape material must be installed to fill such gap, as mutually determined by the site user and Village Administrator.
(2) 50 feet from Washington Street.
(3) 150 feet from Route 21 and I-94.
(4) 150 feet from Grand Avenue and Six Flags Parkway. Signs are permitted in this setback when permitted by Article 13.

Pages 76-77 of this document have all of the rules.
http://www.gurnee.il.us/docs/default-so ... f?sfvrsn=0
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on July 11th, 2018, 7:07 pm
Thanks for the clarification. But I want to know who saw RMC on the Eagle and where is their proof?
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 11th, 2018, 7:15 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:
American Eagle 1981 wrote:[quote="IssaCoaster"]

Yes, Gurnee redid all of their zoning a few years back and worked with Six Flags on the new rules for district C-5. The houses across Washington aren’t part of Gurnee and will most likely be redeveloped when Gurnee annexes the property in the future.

c. The following setbacks are required for all structures and parking areas:
(1) 100 feet when abutting any residential district, which must be maintained in a natural state. This buffer yard replaces any other buffer yard required by this Ordinance. When groups of trees die in any buffer yard adjacent to residential that result in the opening of views into the park, landscape material must be installed to fill such gap, as mutually determined by the site user and Village Administrator.
(2) 50 feet from Washington Street.
(3) 150 feet from Route 21 and I-94.
(4) 150 feet from Grand Avenue and Six Flags Parkway. Signs are permitted in this setback when permitted by Article 13.

Pages 76-77 of this document have all of the rules.
http://www.gurnee.il.us/docs/default-so ... f?sfvrsn=0 [/quote]

From what I remember any part of eagle that is currently outside those boundaries (there aren't anymore) they can only build within its current footprint.

Looking at Google Maps that doesn't give RNC a lot of options for the barrel because it's barely over a hundred feet away from the fence of the I-94.... They would have to stay inside the structure and if Steel Vengeance is any indication they could pull that off easily.

Goku1910

Postby Tardis1972 on July 11th, 2018, 8:52 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:RMC eagle will most likely be for 2021. Should be a massive project. As for next year's attraction, it's gonna be something enthusiasts have been wanting for a long time. Get excited ladies and gentleman.

Hopefully it's our long a waited full circuit launch coaster. Are you saying you know what the attraction is?
Tardis1972

Postby IssaCoaster on July 12th, 2018, 11:00 am
Tardis1972 wrote:
Jacklw6499 wrote:RMC eagle will most likely be for 2021. Should be a massive project. As for next year's attraction, it's gonna be something enthusiasts have been wanting for a long time. Get excited ladies and gentleman.

Hopefully it's our long a waited full circuit launch coaster. Are you saying you know what the attraction is?

I doubt he knows. But if we get a full circuit launch coaster, would Six Flags make it good or make it trash? I can't tell. I did hear that Full Throttle was a good ride though. So if we get that it would be fine. I hope it would be something better.
IssaCoaster

Postby RandomDoof on July 12th, 2018, 1:39 pm
Was at the park today, found some metal tubes with red flags on them. Saw 4 but only in the front of the clearing near STT. https://imgur.com/mq7vKG9
RandomDoof

Postby JaminOut on July 12th, 2018, 3:01 pm
RandomDoof wrote:Was at the park today, found some metal tubes with red flags on them. Saw 4 but only in the front of the clearing near STT. https://imgur.com/mq7vKG9

Who was saying earlier that red flags = coaster?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Goku1910 on July 12th, 2018, 3:11 pm
JaminOut wrote:
RandomDoof wrote:Was at the park today, found some metal tubes with red flags on them. Saw 4 but only in the front of the clearing near STT. https://imgur.com/mq7vKG9

Red is used for electric so it doesn't imply any sort of ride.

Red: Electric power lines, cables, conduit and lighting cables
Orange: Telecommunication, alarm or signal lines, cables or conduit
Yellow: Natural gas, oil, steam, petroleum or other gaseous or flammable material
Green: Sewers and drain lines
Blue: Drinking water
Violet: Reclaimed water, irrigation and slurry lines
Pink: Temporary survey markings, unknown/unidentified facilities
White: Proposed excavation limits or route
Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on July 13th, 2018, 10:54 am
Goku1910 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:

Yellow: Natural gas, oil, steam, petroleum or other gaseous or flammable material

At least we know they're building something
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on July 13th, 2018, 10:55 am
Goku1910 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:

At least we know they're building something
IssaCoaster

Postby AirTimeDaz on July 13th, 2018, 11:44 am
speculation season is probably my favorite time of the year, followed in a close second by construction season!
AirTimeDaz

Postby Goku1910 on July 13th, 2018, 11:46 am
It'll be better this year with Holiday in the Park. Maybe.

Six Flags is alway late on construction.

Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum