Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on August 24th, 2018, 11:26 am
In my opinion, I don't think the Hometown Fun Machine is moving. The park spent money on a magnetic exit gate. The park doesn't spend money on rides they think they are going to move somewhere else. Shouldn't they have known a year ago, what they are buying for this year? I also don't get the use of removing the Hometown Fun Machine. The Whizzer is in the way.

^^At 1:19 in Leshock's video, he says could this be the path of the new ride, but than all of a sudden he fits in what he thinks a new coaster in just the Pictorium spot, and right around there. The thing he says at 1:19 is dumb unless they get rid of Demon. He shouldn't have even said it. It makes no sense!

At 2:14 however, it makes more sense in just the small spot.

If that's what it is, this teaser is just about the guy racing throughout the park, and it's back to the X-Flight colors. The detour sign was to X-Flight like I thought. Honestly, some people really confused me with the Skytrail thing out of nowhere. I really don't know where that came from. The detour sign was going towards X-Flight / American Eagle.

X-Flight was also one of the first wing-riders in North America.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 24th, 2018, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby ilrider on August 24th, 2018, 12:20 pm
JT2002 wrote:Marcus Leshock gave his own 2 cents on what he thinks is cominghttps://wgntv.com/2018/08/24/wgn-marcus-leshock-speculates-on-whats-coming-to-six-flags-great-america/. He's always doing something with the park, so maybe this is true?

I love Marcus, and he is active here, as he posts on the SFGAM.com FB page all the time, so I think he has really been paying attention to what we have been saying here, and I am glad he seems to agree with a lot of us that it is a full circuit launch coaster.

I am still going back to the ride survey, as that thing screamed launch coaster, and the teasers just added even more clues to that. It was hard to get past the people who could not let go of the water ride angle just because they started in the water park, but our park has always used some good red herrings in their teasers, and I just was not buying it. While I have not 100% ruled out a water coaster, I will be surprised if it is.
ilrider

Postby RBullFan97 on August 24th, 2018, 12:32 pm
A little side note. If it is indeed a dry park coaster, based on the colors they've been using a lot: black and red, it looks like these might be the colors. But I hope not because there's already too much red/warm colors in our skyline. I'd love it if the coaster was some shade of blue.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 24th, 2018, 12:39 pm
^I don't know about that. The yellow painters workers union is kind of upset that 3 of their own have fallen - Ragin Cajun, King Chaos, and Jester's Wild Ride. I think they want to want their justice, and another yellow ride is in order. lol lol lol lol

I personally would like blue or teal. Yes, the park does have blue supports on Superman, a little blue on Little Dipper, some blue on American Eagle, but the park lost it's blue coaster track when Shockwave, and Deja Vu closed down. Maybe teal and white like Fury 325.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 24th, 2018, 1:54 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I don't know about that. The yellow painters workers union is kind of upset that 3 of their own have fallen - Ragin Cajun, King Chaos, and Jester's Wild Ride. I think they want to want their justice, and another yellow ride is in order. lol lol lol lol

I personally would like blue or teal. Yes, the park does have blue supports on Superman, a little blue on Little Dipper, some blue on American Eagle, but the park lost it's blue coaster track when Shockwave, and Deja Vu closed down. Maybe teal and white like Fury 325.

Add another very obvious yellow ride to the very near future list of rides to come down: V2
(especially if we get this S&S launcher that everyone's predicting)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on August 24th, 2018, 2:40 pm
What if this is a family coaster? I just need it to be August 30th so everyone can complain about what it is lol
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on August 24th, 2018, 3:38 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I don't know about that. The yellow painters workers union is kind of upset that 3 of their own have fallen - Ragin Cajun, King Chaos, and Jester's Wild Ride. I think they want to want their justice, and another yellow ride is in order. lol lol lol lol

Add another very obvious yellow ride to the very near future list of rides to come down: V2
(especially if we get this S&S launcher that everyone's predicting)

Yeah, watch them remove V2 now. They'll say now that we have another launch coaster, it was time for it to go.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 24th, 2018, 3:51 pm
Fiesta Texas is doing this, this year. Maybe, Great America is also going to do this, this year.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... pe=3&ifg=1

In my opinion, this is not worth $60 more a year from cheapest membership to diamond. Some will probably say you get 1 skip the line pass, and that's the worth of this pass, but whatever. Even if went membership, I would not get diamond. Rather spend that $60 at a carnival, zoo, miniature golf, museum, etc instead.

For that event,them saying the presentation is from 7 PM - 9 PM (Remember, this is Fiesta TEXAS), I don't like it. It's almost like you will know the new rides by August 31st instead of 9 AM on August 30th.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 24th, 2018, 4:49 pm
Found this on usedrides.com …. For $80K you can have the Mardi Gras Hangovers little brother in your backyard! lol https://www.usedrides.com/rides/205062
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 24th, 2018, 4:50 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Fiesta Texas is doing this, this year. Maybe, Great America is also going to do this, this year.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... pe=3&ifg=1

In my opinion, this is not worth $60 more a year from cheapest membership to diamond. Some will probably say you get 1 skip the line pass, and that's the worth of this pass, but whatever. Even if went membership, I would not get diamond. Rather spend that $60 at a carnival, zoo, miniature golf, museum, etc instead.

For that event,them saying the presentation is from 7 PM - 9 PM (Remember, this is Fiesta TEXAS), I don't like it. It's almost like you will know the new rides by August 31st instead of 9 AM on August 30th.

You'll note they call it a presentation, not an announcement. I'm sure they'll announce as normal with the other parks, this is just a thing for people to ask questions about it or whatever.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 24th, 2018, 8:57 pm
From the sound of rumors about SFMM it definitely sounds like they're getting "West Coast Racers" and we're getting " Maxx Force". From the sound of ours, I believe if it IS a coaster, it'll be pretty extreme and West Coast Racers is more family oriented.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 24th, 2018, 9:23 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:From the sound of rumors about SFMM it definitely sounds like they're getting "West Coast Racers" and we're getting " Maxx Force". From the sound of ours, I believe if it IS a coaster, it'll be pretty extreme and West Coast Racers is more family oriented.

Flip that.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on August 24th, 2018, 9:38 pm
The trademark is for West Coast Racer, not West Coast Racers.
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:wgiqup.2.4

Edit: adding another link:

https://www.trademarkia.com/west-coast-racer-88016141.html
Last edited by staticshadows on August 24th, 2018, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 24th, 2018, 10:23 pm
^ I thought this entire time it was West Coast Racers. https://youtu.be/NHf_NtqmsGg this video gave me an idea of what it would be like.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 24th, 2018, 10:25 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:From the sound of rumors about SFMM it definitely sounds like they're getting "West Coast Racers" and we're getting " Maxx Force". From the sound of ours, I believe if it IS a coaster, it'll be pretty extreme and West Coast Racers is more family oriented.

Flip that.

No, I think ours will be some type of fastest acceleration in North America. And I really do believe SFMM will get a family oriented coaster.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2018, 1:44 am
I’m bein told not to get too excited. Im hoping you have the right idea though.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2018, 1:52 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I’m bein told not to get too excited. Im hoping you have the right idea though.

Message me....
Who’s telling you this?
Nathan or Krispy?
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2018, 2:13 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I’m bein told not to get too excited. Im hoping you have the right idea though.

Message me....
Who’s telling you this?
Nathan or Krispy?
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol this may be my fav post on here. ;D neither of them know shiiiiiii haha I prob don’t either. My friends NEVER tell me what it actually is cause I know they can’t & to be honest, I’d rather not. Also who knows if they even truly know.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 4:49 am
Yeah I think Magic Mountain Is going to get a Family coaster (Modern steeple chase) and Great America is going to get the thrill coaster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHf_NtqmsGg

Magic Mountain already has a great coaster collection and they compete more with family parks (Disney Land, Knotts Berry Farm, Legoland, Universal) So it makes sense to add more family orientated rides and flats to Magic Mountain so they can be the cheaper alternative to their competitors. Especially in a ridiculously high taxed and over priced State like California. Magic Mountain already has the teenage and thrill seeker crowd covered, why not target the family audience?

Great America is in the exact opposite position. We have an awesome family ride collection, yet lack several major coasters in our line up.... No large looper, no giga, no full circuit launch, no dive machine, etc. Our biggest Midwest competition is none other than Cedar Point.... One of the best thrill parks on Earth and a park that has been heavily advertising in the Chicagoland area, trying to poach customers from Great America.

We need rides like X-Flight, Goliath, Joker and now possibly Maxx Force in order to help dissuade people in Wisconsin, Indiana and our own State from going to Cedar Point. This is probably why we've become the new favorite in the chain for Roller Coasters while Magic Mountain and Great Adventure have fallen down the rung.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2018, 10:29 am
JackGlass wrote:Yeah I think Magic Mountain Is going to get a Family coaster (Modern steeple chase) and Great America is going to get the thrill coaster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHf_NtqmsGg

Magic Mountain already has a great coaster collection and they compete more with family parks (Disney Land, Knotts Berry Farm, Legoland, Universal) So it makes sense to add more family orientated rides and flats to Magic Mountain so they can be the cheaper alternative to their competitors. Especially in a ridiculously high taxed and over priced State like California. Magic Mountain already has the teenage and thrill seeker crowd covered, why not target the family audience?

Great America is in the exact opposite position. We have an awesome family ride collection, yet lack several major coasters in our line up.... No large looper, no giga, no full circuit launch, no dive machine, etc. Our biggest Midwest competition is none other than Cedar Point.... One of the best thrill parks on Earth and a park that has been heavily advertising in the Chicagoland area, trying to poach customers from Great America.

We need rides like X-Flight, Goliath, Joker and now possibly Maxx Force in order to help dissuade people in Wisconsin, Indiana and our own State from going to Cedar Point. This is probably why we've become the new favorite in the chain for Roller Coasters while Magic Mountain and Great Adventure have fallen down the rung.

Where do I begin? Alright - that video is awful. He knows nothing. The employees know nothing. It’s all speculation. Go to the park tomorrow & ask the cashier at coaster candy what we’re getting next year, then ask a ride op at camp cartoon & make it a rumor while you walk around showing me piles of dirt that look like a thrill coaster is coming. :/

I’ll agree we deserve another large thrilling coaster. & if this is it, I’m happy to see one come in without taking out one.

But what i can’t agree on is your view on CP/SFMM & SFGAdv. I cant Agree we’re a new favorite. Most profitable maybe, yeah lol but regardless of what they’ve built recently, their collections are still incredible. We’re not cedar point & it’s going to continue to be THE park to see for roller coasters. They have some of the best of the best. No doubt. Not us. & Magic Mountain has NINETEEN coasters. Their collections rivals even CP. Who cares if they build a family coaster. Those are needed time to time. You won’t go if they do that? Psh. You don’t fool me for a second if you’d choose any of the following not to be at Great America out of SF - El Toro, Kingda Ka, Bizarro, X2, Full Throttle, Tatsu, or Twisted Colossus to name a few.

With that said, again, yes I do think a big coaster is needed. & I find It bonkers that no one else in the chain ever got a “Goliath” or B&M wing coaster after we did. So yeah, we’re different thank god. But with everything they Market & put in other parks, it’s easy to doubt anything like that is happening again. I agree with you, I’d love to see the Dodonpa or Formula Rossas of the world come here. A dive machine, a giga, or even a “Takabisha”. World’s tallest steepest or fastest of any of those. There are easy REAL records out there to take. But is six flags wanting to spend the money? No.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 10:58 am
No doubt, Magic Mountain has a bad ass roller coaster collection (Even better than Cedar Points in my opinion) I'm talking about markets specifically and competition.

Magic Mountain really doesn't need to add any more major roller coasters because they've already got the teen and thrill seeker market covered in SoCal. Personally, Magic Mountain (and Cedar Point too) could never add another roller coaster again and I would still buy a season pass every year just because their existing collection is so amazing. Adding more family coasters and flat rides makes perfect sense for them, because a lot of families can't afford the sky high prices of Disney Land which is very close to Magic Mountain. So why not get in on the action and get some of the family market?

Great America on the other hand really has no local competition theme park wise (It has lots with things like Zoo's, Theaters, etc) But it has that beast in Ohio that keeps trying to lure Illinoisians away. So we have to up our arsenal to help dissuade it.

Our additions over the past few years compared to Magic Mountain and Great Adventure are superb. I agree, I'm suprised we haven't seen another wing rider, but I'm glad we got it! I'd much rather have X-Flight than Full Throttle or Green Lantrern (Great Adventure)
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on August 25th, 2018, 11:19 am
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2018, 11:28 am
staticshadows wrote:First leak this year is at Great Adventure:
https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/newfor2019-prep

Which goes quite a long way to validating this: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... next_year/
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on August 25th, 2018, 11:34 am
anewman35 wrote:

Which goes quite a long way to validating this: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... next_year/

Most of that list sounds like BS with a few good guesses thrown in. Fiesta Texas doesn't even line up with what is being teased by the park.
staticshadows

Postby Coaster Critique on August 25th, 2018, 11:37 am
anewman35 wrote:

BAHAHAHAHA A FORTNITE COASTER???!!??? I don't buy it for a second but I kinda want it to be true just for the memes.
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum