Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on May 11th, 2018, 11:21 am
Sorry guys, didn't know about the clearing behind Hometown Fun Machine. Here's an updated look on the plot of land for 2019 attraction. Can't see it any bigger than this. Still rooting for a t-rex or premier launch coaster.
Attachments
2019newride2.PNG
jmanporty7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 11th, 2018, 11:30 am
DejaVu2001 wrote:Saying this again, there is clearing in the area behind Hometown Fun Machine.

You're our official watchman for that spot!! Keep us updated :)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby ChicagoCoasters on May 11th, 2018, 2:53 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
DejaVu2001 wrote:Saying this again, there is clearing in the area behind Hometown Fun Machine.

You're our official watchman for that spot!! Keep us updated :)

You can see it from Viper's queue. I saw land clearing equipment around Hometown Fun Machine on April 29th.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 11th, 2018, 5:42 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Sorry guys, didn't know about the clearing behind Hometown Fun Machine. Here's an updated look on the plot of land for 2019 attraction. Can't see it any bigger than this. Still rooting for a t-rex or premier launch coaster.

If they wanted to make this our Gate Keeper, they could have the lift hill wrap around Sky Trek Tower and do a vertical drop in that grassy area where the Holiday in the Park advertising is. I really hope we end up getting a T-REX. A custom mega looper towering over the Water park would look amazing and would finally fill a crucial void in our line up.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 11th, 2018, 9:33 pm
I've said this before: Hometown Fun Machine can go. It's not as exciting as it used to be. I can see the park closing HTFM for more room for an attraction.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 12th, 2018, 12:29 am
If it does turn out to be a T-REX, I wonder if they will pull a Shockwave/Great American Scream Machine/Viper and put one at Great America, one at Great Adventure and one at Magic Mountain.... The big 3. It's safe to assume that Magic Mountain will want something big for their 20th Coaster.... which will more than likely come in 2020.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby AirTimeDaz on May 12th, 2018, 9:00 am
If they are planning on using this plot of land for a waterpark expansion (ugh :roll: ), i wouldn't exactly say i'd be the happiest camper alive. I've never stepped foot in HH. I just don't fancy the idea of walking around wet and half naked w/ a bunch of strangers, but to each his/her own. Have fun kiddies!

If it's for the dry park, PLEASE be something with lots of ejector airtime!! T-Rex would seemingly fit that bill nicely. If the ride experience is anything like Raptor, but bigger and longer, i'm VERY optimistic. JL-BFM is cool for gamers and families, (of which i am neither). The Joker was a joke, Hangover announcement gave me a migraine headache, Please be something good this time! But i'm already bracing for another year of anticipointment... :|
AirTimeDaz

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 12th, 2018, 9:47 am
Now that land is being cleared behind Home Town Fun Machine, I doubt it's going to be a Water Park expansion. That huge slice of parking lot right next to Hurricane Harbor could nearly double the size of the water park and give us an even greater advantage when competing with the Wisconsin Dells..... Great Americas attendance keeps rising and they will eventually have to build a parking garage in the overflow lot. Given it's location, this park is a big money maker, and Jim Reid Anderson understands the most important thing about amusement parks... It's the rides stupid! lol. Cedar Point and Magic Mountain didn't become what they are today by saying "We suck, and we're not going to add anymore big rides" That terrible mentality is what destroyed Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and caused it's attendance to plummet from over 1 million in 1999 to less than 400,000 by 2009. Now that Ed Hart is back in control and adding major attractions again, it's attendance is picking back up, because there's more and more things to do and it gives people more and more of a reason to go there.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Goku1910 on May 12th, 2018, 3:53 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:Please be something good this time! But i'm already bracing for another year of anticipointment... :|

I might actually add this one to Urban Dictionary if it's not already on there.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Sven18 on May 12th, 2018, 5:42 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:If they are planning on using this plot of land for a waterpark expansion (ugh :roll: ), i wouldn't exactly say i'd be the happiest camper alive. I've never stepped foot in HH.

The park is due for a WP expansion, I would put the best bet on a "water coaster" like FT got in 2017. SF Corporate was hyping them in their last investor presentation for producing great ROI and their relative low cost.

AirTimeDaz wrote:If it's for the dry park, PLEASE be something with lots of ejector airtime!! T-Rex would seemingly fit that bill nicely. If the ride experience is anything like Raptor, but bigger and longer, i'm VERY optimistic. JL-BFM is cool for gamers and families, (of which i am neither). The Joker was a joke, Hangover announcement gave me a migraine headache, Please be something good this time! But i'm already bracing for another year of anticipointment... :|

Trex coasters are a big park coaster according to RMC and that likely means aa big park price, that means SF can't afford it with their cap expenditure formula restraints. SF is going to clone Raptors b/c they are inexpensive and they don't care about capacity, they put 4D's in parks with 3M+ visitors. I expect the top end parks to get Raptors, it's the new shiny thing and it will be just like the preferred parks got 4D's and JLBM

SF cloned 4D's to with 6 and cloned superloops to death with 9. SF has found their next 2 big clones and they are RMC Raptors and Skywarps(3 variants to choose from). RMC Raptors were meant to be cloned and made at a price point for smaller indy parks to be able to afford. Raptor have had rave early reviews, low cost, RMC name, etc...this is a "clone monster" for SF. The moment Skywarps were at IAAPA in 2016 I knew this was a SF cloned ride. It costs just 2M and can be marketed as a coaster. I would not be surprised if every park had a Skywarp variant. The neglected parks LaRonde, SFA, Escape can even claim they got a coaster with these and it won't be viewed as lame, like when some of them got superloop. It's "coaster" at a price less than most flat rides, that's a home run for SF. The positive is Raptors are better than 4D's and Skywarps are better than superloops. But, be prepared to see a bunch of each all over the chain.
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on May 12th, 2018, 5:57 pm
Sven18 wrote:
AirTimeDaz wrote:If they are planning on using this plot of land for a waterpark expansion (ugh :roll: ), i wouldn't exactly say i'd be the happiest camper alive. I've never stepped foot in HH.

The park is due for a WP expansion, I would put the best bet on a "water coaster" like FT got in 2017. SF Corporate was hyping them in their last investor presentation for producing great ROI and their relative low cost.

AirTimeDaz wrote:If it's for the dry park, PLEASE be something with lots of ejector airtime!! T-Rex would seemingly fit that bill nicely. If the ride experience is anything like Raptor, but bigger and longer, i'm VERY optimistic. JL-BFM is cool for gamers and families, (of which i am neither). The Joker was a joke, Hangover announcement gave me a migraine headache, Please be something good this time! But i'm already bracing for another year of anticipointment... :|

Trex coasters are a big park coaster according to RMC and that likely means aa big park price, that means SF can't afford it with their cap expenditure formula restraints. SF is going to clone Raptors b/c they are inexpensive and they don't care about capacity, they put 4D's in parks with 3M+ visitors. I expect the top end parks to get Raptors, it's the new shiny thing and it will be just like the preferred parks got 4D's and JLBM

SF cloned 4D's to with 6 and cloned superloops to death with 9. SF has found their next 2 big clones and they are RMC Raptors and Skywarps(3 variants to choose from). RMC Raptors were meant to be cloned and made at a price point for smaller indy parks to be able to afford. Raptor have had rave early reviews, low cost, RMC name, etc...this is a "clone monster" for SF. The moment Skywarps were at IAAPA in 2016 I knew this was a SF cloned ride. It costs just 2M and can be marketed as a coaster. I would not be surprised if every park had a Skywarp variant. The neglected parks LaRonde, SFA, Escape can even claim they got a coaster with these and it won't be viewed as lame, like when some of them got superloop. It's "coaster" at a price less than most flat rides, that's a home run for SF. The positive is Raptors are better than 4D's and Skywarps are better than superloops. But, be prepared to see a bunch of each all over the chain.

It's unfortunate that I agree with your standpoint except the Hurricane Harbor part. We're not "due" for anything but it's pretty easy to see that Six Flags plans on cloning things to death.

This is why I said in the other thread that I'm liking Cedar Fair's strategy more than Six Flags currently. I would rather have more spread out additions if it meant they were better. The recent news that Six Flags wants to acquire more parks only worries me more since they have this obsession with every park getting something every year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby astucks18 on May 12th, 2018, 6:24 pm
Raptors are not *that*bad on capacity, so long as they are run efficiently, which is possible, our operations have been pretty good lately, the problem being ops having to wait for people to put their bags away. If they make mandatory lockers I bet they could run a raptor at a similar capacity to say V2 or Goliath

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby AirTimeDaz on May 12th, 2018, 6:34 pm
"I would rather have more spread out additions if it meant they were better."

bingo! i would like to put this on a t-shirt! I would much rather high quality over sub-par quantity.
AirTimeDaz

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 12th, 2018, 6:58 pm
Sven18 wrote: SF is going to clone Raptors b/c they are inexpensive and they don't care about capacity, they put 4D's in parks with 3M+ visitors.

I do not think capacity is a big issue with Joker at our park at least. When it first opened the line moved at a good pace, and still does now. 4Ds in parks like ours isn't a big problem. Parks clone rides so guests nationwide and worldwide (Disney) can experience the same thrill. I'm glad we got the Joker and Justice League, etc. So I wouldn't have to travel to Great Adventure or St. Louis.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 12th, 2018, 7:30 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
Sven18 wrote: SF is going to clone Raptors b/c they are inexpensive and they don't care about capacity, they put 4D's in parks with 3M+ visitors.

I do not think capacity is a big issue with Joker at our park at least. When it first opened the line moved at a good pace, and still does now. 4Ds in parks like ours isn't a big problem. Parks clone rides so guests nationwide and worldwide (Disney) can experience the same thrill. I'm glad we got the Joker and Justice League, etc. So I wouldn't have to travel to Great Adventure or St. Louis.

Based on how Fiesta Texas' raptor system is going, it seems like a fine system (as long as they run 4 trains).
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 12th, 2018, 8:39 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

Based on how Fiesta Texas' raptor system is going, it seems like a fine system (as long as they run 4 trains).

They only have 3 trains.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 12th, 2018, 9:38 pm
^ No Fiesta Texas said they were running four trains.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 12th, 2018, 9:53 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ No Fiesta Texas said they were running four trains.

Not sure where you’re getting this info but no it only has 3 trains and can only handle 3 trains.

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 13th, 2018, 3:45 am
Great America seems to be an exception to the rules, that's what keeps me optimistic. I mean.... We got X-Flight and Goliath while other parks got RMC Remakes and super loops. True, we are getting a super loop this year, BUT it's the worlds tallest and they're also spending a bunch of money for Holiday in the park, buying all those lights, props and decorations..... That's why major coasters or major water park expansions don't seem that farfetched when it comes to our park specifically.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Sven18 on May 13th, 2018, 10:34 am
astucks18 wrote:Raptors are not *that*bad on capacity, so long as they are run efficiently, which is possible, our operations have been pretty good lately, the problem being ops having to wait for people to put their bags away. If they make mandatory lockers I bet they could run a raptor at a similar capacity to say V2 or Goliath

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Raptors are 8 people per train, if you dispatch at 1 minute that's 480/hr, that's notgood for a coaster, especially one with 3M+ visitors. Btw, V2 actual capacity is not good. it has about 2:30 to 3 minute dispatches with ride time. So that's about 20 cycles per hour and thus capacity of 560 to 672pph. The 1100 spec capacity is utter nonsense that it can do 90 sec dispatches including ride time. SF doesn;t care about capacity and does not care about slow operations, The number of rides at GAM they don't allow bags are? Waiting in long slow lines is not a concern for SFGAm and in general across the chain save a small % of rides and those are at GAdv and MM mostly. SF has pushed the drink bottle thus a zillion people need to put them in bins and slow operations on rides.
Last edited by Sven18 on May 13th, 2018, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on May 13th, 2018, 10:39 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

They can have 4,5,6 trains, the thing is limited by blocking and dispatch times. If by luck and hustle, something SF is not known for you, have 45sec dispatches, it only gets you 600pph. That's poor for a coaster at any substantial sized park.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on May 13th, 2018, 11:04 am
LordMagnus101 wrote:I see Great America getting a Tourbillon (spelling?) in the next couple of years. That looks like a very thrilling and visually appealing and somewhat unique flat ride. I'd love that.

I could see Tourbillons at GAm and MM. GAM future flats of Zamperla Giant Discovery(top priority in my opinion) and a Skywarp(Immelman model). Like to see an Zamperla Endeavour to eventually replace the enterprise, but SF has only bought one Endeavour. Since SF loves to clone and hasn't gotten more, they might not be that keen on them for some reason.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on May 13th, 2018, 11:41 am
Goku1910 wrote:
It's unfortunate that I agree with your standpoint except the Hurricane Harbor part. We're not "due" for anything but it's pretty easy to see that Six Flags plans on cloning things to death.

This is why I said in the other thread that I'm liking Cedar Fair's strategy more than Six Flags currently. I would rather have more spread out additions if it meant they were better. The recent news that Six Flags wants to acquire more parks only worries me more since they have this obsession with every park getting something every year.

SFGAM has not gotten WP stuff since when? I don't go to the WP, but I thing it might be 2011 or about that time. WP stuff has a great ROI and takes pressure off the dry side ride lines. I am betting heavily on 2019 WP addition and I don't think it takes up all the new space. Some of that space could be saved for future flat ride(s).

The we give every park something every year is something SF hypes. Yes, many of would prefer the off year model and get better rides. Would not be to concerned about the talk of buying new parks, they talked about that in several in conf calls. It's largely centered around Water parks near existing parks, like they did in Cali last year. SF while not releasing specific dollar amounts, say the new WP had record attendance and boosted revenue. SF from comments are looking for turn key additions, that don't require major investment. Also, there are not really many great dry park prospects in my opinion. The best might be Darien Lake, which SF sold. On the Q1 conf call this was more of if we see a great dry park deal, they will think about it. But, they were definitely acting seeking WP deals. They even seemed to be hinting of something coming soon.
Sven18

Postby Goku1910 on May 13th, 2018, 11:54 am
I seriously doubt it's a Waterpark expansion. Ours is already large compared to other Six Flags parks.

Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 13th, 2018, 11:56 am
Goku1910 wrote:I seriously doubt it's a Waterpark expansion. Ours is already large compared to other Six Flags parks.

Let’s be honest with ourselves. It’s both!!
Raptor Clone and water park expansion!

Oh and they’re bringing back Lemon Chill too!

B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum