Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 7th, 2018, 5:15 pm
chicagoperson wrote:For how early they've started construction work, im convinced its something big. Im just praying its not another clone. SFGAM is clone central already.

In what I'm predicting I think it is a clone. A Wonder Woman raptor clone :lol: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 7th, 2018, 5:51 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
chicagoperson wrote:For how early they've started construction work, im convinced its something big. Im just praying its not another clone. SFGAM is clone central already.

In what I'm predicting I think it is a clone. A Wonder Woman raptor clone :lol: .

Personally, what I think is that they are just trying to level the ground now, and that's about it. I think once the waterpark opens, it would mess with them leveling the ground. I also think in the colder weather, it would be very hard to level the ground. I think the reason why they have this extra time is because a Larson Looper isn't that hard to put up. Carnivals put it up in probably 3 hours. And yes, sure it's larger, and Great America's is permanent, but that they take their time putting up stuff at Great America - mostly the flat rides.

IF this waterslide is what Great America might get, this slide is not that small to fill in that space. https://proslide.es/wp-content/uploads/ ... -texas.jpg (They couldn't even fit it in that entire picture / by a little bit) + others have said restaurant, probably more chairs / maybe another bathroom (Who knows?).
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 7th, 2018, 7:16 pm
^ You could add to that like another splash kids area or another wave pool or a couple of water slides(not body slides they hurt my back badly and if we get another body slide I'm moving to Fiesta Texas).

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby MrsTaxi on May 7th, 2018, 7:24 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Yeah, now that the flumes are being repainted, that probably means they're here to stay for a while. I doubt they would waste the money painting them only to tear them down in the near future.

True, the recently painted rides would never get removed yet the non painted rides actually have a chance of being removed. Hear that Superman, Batman, Demon, Viper... you're probally next.

Does Viper actually ever get repainted?? I thought it had no paint....

It doesn't. :lol: Also, Batman was just repainted not too long ago.
MrsTaxi

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 7th, 2018, 7:28 pm
^ It was! I must have not noticed :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 7th, 2018, 7:28 pm
I dont think Hurricane Harbor even needs an expansion. It has a good collection of slides, a big wave pool, and a kids section. I don't think a water coaster is something that HH desperately needs. I'm hoping it's a dry park addition.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 7th, 2018, 7:58 pm
You had me at dry park addition :lol: . If it was I think a launch coaster would be nice.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby staticshadows on May 7th, 2018, 8:49 pm

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, Magic Mountain started demolishing the Action Theater in February 2016, spent most of the season on site work and grading, and opened Justice League in 2017.
http://www.californiacoasterkings.com/s ... ck-update/
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 7th, 2018, 8:53 pm
Justice League is still a pretty major attraction to open. I don't think it's something that would be disappointing.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 8th, 2018, 3:54 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I dont think Hurricane Harbor even needs an expansion. It has a good collection of slides, a big wave pool, and a kids section. I don't think a water coaster is something that HH desperately needs. I'm hoping it's a dry park addition.

I'm all for a Hurricane Harbor expansion, just not in that plot of land. The parking lot is a much better option, that would allow for a separate gate entrance. I noticed something strange too. Great America installed these new security poles across the entire front of the parking lot..... EXCEPT for the area by Hurricane Harbor. Credit goes to JiggidyNDG for this video clip. The fresh asphalt and security poles stretch from Superman all the way across the parking lot, and suddenly stop at the the circled part in this picture. Either they got cheap and didn't finish the job, or they have every intention of ripping that parking lot up in the near future, and didn't want to waste the money installing those poles just to tear them out.
Attachments
harbor.jpg
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 8th, 2018, 7:21 am
^ True so I guess the water park addition can be in two places. !. The mentioned space, and 2. Pictorium. If they are not using Pictorium for HH then they must be adding the addition there.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby anewman35 on May 8th, 2018, 8:15 am
My thought is that this adds to the idea of it (eventually) being turned in a separate park, because a separate park would need an expanded entrance...
anewman35

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 8th, 2018, 8:26 am
I agree, if we separate the park then we have more room for dry park addition. I'm waiting for a launch coaster in the next 5 years or else :x .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on May 8th, 2018, 9:08 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I agree, if we separate the park then we have more room for dry park addition. I'm waiting for a launch coaster in the next 5 years or else :x .
Or else what? You going to threaten Six Flags executives?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 8th, 2018, 11:43 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I dont think Hurricane Harbor even needs an expansion. It has a good collection of slides, a big wave pool, and a kids section. I don't think a water coaster is something that HH desperately needs. I'm hoping it's a dry park addition.

I'm all for a Hurricane Harbor expansion, just not in that plot of land. The parking lot is a much better option, that would allow for a separate gate entrance. I noticed something strange too. Great America installed these new security poles across the entire front of the parking lot..... EXCEPT for the area by Hurricane Harbor. Credit goes to JiggidyNDG for this video clip. The fresh asphalt and security poles stretch from Superman all the way across the parking lot, and suddenly stop at the the circled part in this picture. Either they got cheap and didn't finish the job, or they have every intention of ripping that parking lot up in the near future, and didn't want to waste the money installing those poles just to tear them out.

For the part you circled, just to the left of that is the entrance for the waterpark for season pass holders. I have reason to believe that this is the test for the new separate entrance. If that is the new entrance (and only entrance) for the waterpark, than you would have to put more lines (for now everyone), and even ticket booths around there. I don't expect the park to force people to go all the way to the other side if they are just going to the waterpark. To me, the biggest problem with this just being a separate entrance are going to be those metal detectors because that gate only had like 4 metal detectors. What, do they have 24 metal detectors for the regular line, but you only have 4 metal detectors for the waterpark separate entrance. It's going to be BAD, and if they discontinue the other entrance (from inside the park).. 4 finger print things / 4 metal detectors. You are going to be waiting for a hour everyday.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 8th, 2018, 12:28 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I agree, if we separate the park then we have more room for dry park addition. I'm waiting for a launch coaster in the next 5 years or else :x .
Or else what? You going to threaten Six Flags executives?

No, I go around my neighborhood screaming NOOOOO! That's what I did when I found out we got a superloop :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 8th, 2018, 1:05 pm
One of Great America's nearest competitors is the Wisconsin Dells. So it makes sense to drastically expand the water park. That whole slice of parking lot should be used to expand Hurricane Harbor. They would have to build a parking garage in the overflow lot, but it would make our Hurricane Harbor the flagship water park of Six Flags.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 8th, 2018, 1:13 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:

For the part you circled, just to the left of that is the entrance for the waterpark for season pass holders. I have reason to believe that this is the test for the new separate entrance. If that is the new entrance (and only entrance) for the waterpark, than you would have to put more lines (for now everyone), and even ticket booths around there. I don't expect the park to force people to go all the way to the other side if they are just going to the waterpark. To me, the biggest problem with this just being a separate entrance are going to be those metal detectors because that gate only had like 4 metal detectors. What, do they have 24 metal detectors for the regular line, but you only have 4 metal detectors for the waterpark separate entrance. It's going to be BAD, and if they discontinue the other entrance (from inside the park).. 4 finger print things / 4 metal detectors. You are going to be waiting for a hour everyday.

This has been the entrance for at least a couple years now for season pass holders. I’m not sure this is a test for anything just an additional entrance if you’re only going to the water park and have a season pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 8th, 2018, 1:37 pm
^ No they are testing it to see how popular the entrance is. The more popularity the more you know people are going to get season passes. If the entrance wasn't successful they would have removed it already.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on May 8th, 2018, 2:22 pm
Good for you. I'm sure your neighbors think that's totally normal.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 8th, 2018, 3:34 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Good for you. I'm sure your neighbors think that's totally normal.

Yep they expect that once a year when we get something disappointed :lol: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on May 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Goku1910

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 8th, 2018, 8:03 pm
Something like that on the lines :lol: . However it's more like "why!" and when my voice gets tired I go back home. Back on topic please because this shows we can be surprised or disappointed. We will get something that is in the land of a former Pictorium it can be big or it can be small. That's all I know.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on May 8th, 2018, 8:16 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:We will get something that is in the land of a former Pictorium it can be big or it can be small. That's all I know.

Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 9th, 2018, 9:38 am
Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster sounds like it's pretty dang good! I definitely see Six Flags adding more of them next year. If we got one themed to Harley Quinn, id be happy!
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum