Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on May 4th, 2018, 2:20 pm
It could be worse. The uproar for JLBFM being in southwest territory would be much more irritating.
Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 4th, 2018, 5:09 pm
Park is open today

Anyone have updated pictures of the demo of Pictorium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 4th, 2018, 5:22 pm
I think the status is still the same. I'll go check on it tomorrow, if there isn't an overflow of CDW guests already there :lol: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby MrsTaxi on May 4th, 2018, 7:57 pm
Credit to Jeremy Sabbath
Attachments
picto demo.jpg
MrsTaxi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 4th, 2018, 8:26 pm
Oh wow.

Viper looks good from that angle.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby ChicagoCoasters on May 5th, 2018, 10:33 am
MrsTaxi wrote:Credit to Jeremy Sabbath

Oh my gosh. That is so cool.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 5th, 2018, 7:46 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:
MrsTaxi wrote:Credit to Jeremy Sabbath

Oh my gosh. That is so cool.

Yet so sad. Also they announced that the land they are clearing is being used for 2019. See the Pictorium entrance for reference.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on May 5th, 2018, 8:13 pm
I mean, it was kind of obvious wasn't it?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 5th, 2018, 8:14 pm
I'm hoping it isnt a water park expansion. I can't imagine what they could do if it was a new ride. I'm thinking they could get rid of Carousel Plaza gifts (not exactly sure of the name) and open up a lot of space for a queue and an entrance. (This is if it was a rollercoaster)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 5th, 2018, 8:17 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I mean, it was kind of obvious wasn't it?

I mean, Ragin Cajun's spot sat empty for a while, so it wasn't completely obvious.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on May 5th, 2018, 8:18 pm
^They're not getting rid of Carousel Plaza Gifts. It's one of the most profitable stores in the park.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Goku1910 on May 5th, 2018, 8:20 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

I mean, Ragin Cajun's spot sat empty for a while, so it wasn't completely obvious.

But demolition starting this early and the signs stating "big thrills coming soon" made it obvious it was 2019.

Demolition this early is highly unusual for Six Flags and clearing something this big needs to be started early in order to be done in time for 2019. The last time the park did early demolition was when they tore the splash water falls pool to shreds for X-Flight.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 5th, 2018, 8:55 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:^They're not getting rid of Carousel Plaza Gifts. It's one of the most profitable stores in the park.

No doubt about it, Carousel Plaza Gifts is here to stay. If the 2019 attraction turns out to be a new Roller Coaster, you can bet that the exit will go through Carousel Plaza gifts. That thing is a cash cow.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 5th, 2018, 9:51 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

But demolition starting this early and the signs stating "big thrills coming soon" made it obvious it was 2019.

Demolition this early is highly unusual for Six Flags and clearing something this big needs to be started early in order to be done in time for 2019. The last time the park did early demolition was when they tore the splash water falls pool to shreds for X-Flight.

Wait did you say the last time they started early it was for something big like I don't know X-Flight. ALERT! Something big and fantastic is coming to Six Flags Great America next year.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on May 5th, 2018, 9:59 pm
Don't get too excited. I'm keeping my skepticism up until September. Pictorium requires a ton of landscaping to remove so we could still be getting anything and the "big thrills" sings are meaningless to me.

The landscaping is so extensive because the seating is embedded onto the hill it's placed on. That's a lot of concrete to break up and remove. Look at construction pictures and the recent demolition ones for proof.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Goku1910

Postby SFGAmFan12 on May 6th, 2018, 9:27 am
great america fan wrote:
JaminOut wrote:^Have you met Metropolis Plaza or Hurricane Harbor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U.S virgin islands?

On days with power outages Hurricane Harbor is more Puerto Rico-esque now.
SFGAmFan12

Postby AirTimeDaz on May 6th, 2018, 10:20 am
@sfgam_archives tweeted a cool overhead shot of pictorium being demolished. 8)

https://twitter.com/SFGAm_Archives/stat ... 56/photo/1
AirTimeDaz

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 6th, 2018, 5:52 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Don't get too excited. I'm keeping my skepticism up until September. Pictorium requires a ton of landscaping to remove so we could still be getting anything and the "big thrills" sings are meaningless to me.

The landscaping is so extensive because the seating is embedded onto the hill it's placed on. That's a lot of concrete to break up and remove. Look at construction pictures and the recent demolition ones for proof.

Like I said, if its a water coaster than they can use the terrain no need for leveling the ground.

_FuryBull_330_

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 7th, 2018, 9:36 am
Goku1910 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:

It wasn't that early. Splash Water Falls closed in August 2007. Demolition was ongoing till March 2008 (that awful deadly accident occurred during the tear down)
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Goku1910 on May 7th, 2018, 11:26 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:Don't get too excited. I'm keeping my skepticism up until September. Pictorium requires a ton of landscaping to remove so we could still be getting anything and the "big thrills" sings are meaningless to me.

Like I said, if its a water coaster than they can use the terrain no need for leveling the ground.
I didn't say anything about leveling. I said the seats are embedded into the hill. Just like the SWF pool that will take some time to remove. I've already got bets the retaining wall near the pictorium entrance stays there.

Goku1910

Postby Goku1910 on May 7th, 2018, 11:29 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:[quote="Goku1910"]I mean, it was kind of obvious wasn't it?

It wasn't that early. Splash Water Falls closed in August 2007. Demolition was ongoing till March 2008 (that awful deadly accident occurred during the tear down)[/quote]I was only referring to the pool, not SWF's closure. If you remember the 2011 season like I do then you'll know about how the park randomly started tearing apart the pool without any announcement until a few weeks later. Sure, it wasn't nearly as early as this case but even that would take less time to remove than Pictorium.

Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 7th, 2018, 2:26 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Yeah, now that the flumes are being repainted, that probably means they're here to stay for a while. I doubt they would waste the money painting them only to tear them down in the near future.

True, the recently painted rides would never get removed yet the non painted rides actually have a chance of being removed. Hear that Superman, Batman, Demon, Viper... you're probally next.

Does Viper actually ever get repainted?? I thought it had no paint....
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby n9yty on May 7th, 2018, 3:35 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Park is open today
Anyone have updated pictures of the demo of Pictorium?

Here's one...

2018-05-05 19.37.46.jpg
n9yty

Postby chicagoperson on May 7th, 2018, 4:21 pm
For how early they've started construction work, im convinced its something big. Im just praying its not another clone. SFGAM is clone central already.
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

Postby Cryptkeeper on May 7th, 2018, 4:57 pm
chicagoperson wrote:For how early they've started construction work, im convinced its something big.

Not necessarily. SFGAm starts construction on new attractions/rides this early about as often as Donald Trump tells the truth (I KID I KID! Take it easy!). If they take it down now instead of doing so at the end of the season, then they both A) avoid spending $ to put "something" in the building for this season and B) avoid having to answer the question all season long "Why isn't there anything in the Pictorium?" if the building just sat there w/out anything going on in it all season. And, by starting now, they can put up those signs teasing an addition to the park in an attempt to generate interest in next year early this year.
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum