Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 11:40 am
If that list is accurate, I'm guessing Georgia Scorcher will also get a floorless conversion, lol.
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2018, 11:42 am
ilrider wrote:
JT2002 wrote:Marcus Leshock gave his own 2 cents on what he thinks is cominghttps://wgntv.com/2018/08/24/wgn-marcus-leshock-speculates-on-whats-coming-to-six-flags-great-america/. He's always doing something with the park, so maybe this is true?

I love Marcus, and he is active here, as he posts on the SFGAM.com FB page all the time, so I think he has really been paying attention to what we have been saying here, and I am glad he seems to agree with a lot of us that it is a full circuit launch coaster.

I am still going back to the ride survey, as that thing screamed launch coaster, and the teasers just added even more clues to that. It was hard to get past the people who could not let go of the water ride angle just because they started in the water park, but our park has always used some good red herrings in their teasers, and I just was not buying it. While I have not 100% ruled out a water coaster, I will be surprised if it is.

May not mean anything, but the park retweeted his video. Which maybe they would have done even if he's wrong, but, I dunno, it seems silly to spread speculation of a impressive new coaster if that's NOT what you're doing...
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2018, 12:13 pm
I agree with that person's post. Even an Endeavour going to Six Flags St. Louis makes sense because now the park is selling XCalibur.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 12:37 pm
How much do floorless trains cost? Is there more involved with floorless conversions than just switching the trains?
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on August 25th, 2018, 12:38 pm
anewman35 wrote:
staticshadows wrote:First leak this year is at Great Adventure:
https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/newfor2019-prep

Which goes quite a long way to validating this: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... next_year/

Hardly, since Screamscape was talking about them getting a Giant Discovery like a month ago. Most of the things he listed are a rehash of the current consensus rumors for parks.

Btw, do you really believe no SF park is getting any water park stuff?
Last edited by Sven18 on August 25th, 2018, 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sven18

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2018, 12:39 pm
JackGlass wrote:How much do floorless trains cost? Is there more involved with floorless conversions than just switching the trains?

Stations have to be redone
The whole conversion is about 5-6 million from what I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Sven18 on August 25th, 2018, 12:39 pm
JackGlass wrote:How much do floorless trains cost? Is there more involved with floorless conversions than just switching the trains?

Floorless conversions reportedly cost 5-6M
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 12:40 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:

Awesome! Thanks B&MGuy35 and Sven18.
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2018, 12:51 pm
Sven18 wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

Which goes quite a long way to validating this: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... next_year/

Hardly, since Screamscape was talking about them getting a Giant Discovery like a month ago. Most of the things he listed are a rehash of the current consensus rumors for parks.

Well, it was more getting the name also and knowing it was going to be the tallest (the list said on the east coast, but it appears to actually be in the World). But we shall see...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2018, 12:52 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:

And I'd assume they would paint it too, and doesn't that cost like a million or so?
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2018, 1:17 pm
Sven18 wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

Just because he didn't mention stand alone Hurricane Harbor parks doesn't mean that none of them are getting anything. He's just focusing on the regular parks. He doesn't care about White Water in Georgia for instance.

Look at Great America's waterpark. Nothing for 7 years, probably going on 8 years. St. Louis just added something last year (that was a huge mess of a ride). Fiesta Texas is not that old with the water coaster.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby RollingCoasting on August 25th, 2018, 1:40 pm
The Reddit guy also said this:

"It has a really steep hill both ways at its tallest point. It also goes upside down a couple times."

"It's red and black." (The color scheme)

Just thought I'd share
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2018, 1:44 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:The Reddit guy also said this:

"It has a really steep hill both ways at its tallest point. It also goes upside down a couple times."

Just thought I'd share

Why would it be red/black when we have a red & black coaster down the way? Also SFOG better not change Georgia Scorcher!!
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on August 25th, 2018, 1:46 pm
I know it doesn't even really matter but personally I've been hoping for a blue coaster, so I kind of hope he's wrong, lol
RollingCoasting

Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 1:59 pm
I wonder if they'll relocate some of the old Bugs Bunny kids rides from Great America to the new kids park in Mass. if this turns out to be true!
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2018, 3:02 pm
I’d love a blue coaster too. Imagine it blue & white, a tribute to shockwave that used to dominate over the front of the park.

If that’s kids world is true, we’re gonna see some new coasters & it’s wonderful cause it makes me a bit jelly. We used to have Kiddieland as we all know & there are no family parks out here. So it’ll be great for Massachusetts
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2018, 3:12 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I’d love a blue coaster too. Imagine it blue & white, a tribute to shockwave that used to dominate over the front of the park.

If that’s kids world is true, we’re gonna see some new coasters & it’s wonderful cause it makes me a bit jelly. We used to have Kiddieland as we all know & there are no family parks out here. So it’ll be great for Massachusetts

Santa's Village is a family park, no?
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 25th, 2018, 3:29 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2018, 3:33 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:https://edit.sixflags.com/sites/default/files/styles/landing_page_2_across/publicmaxxforce_600x300.jpg?itok=saQGNwek

Access denied to Maxx Force page

Interesting....
But what is Maxx Force is my only question!
LOL

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 25th, 2018, 3:39 pm
^ I have no doubt it's a coaster.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 4:42 pm
Well, looks like one of my wishes has been fulfilled! A launch coaster in Pictoriums plot! Now onto the next.... Buccaneer Battle! Bulldoze that piece of shit and throw in a Raptor for 2020! lol
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2018, 5:05 pm
anewman35 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I’d love a blue coaster too. Imagine it blue & white, a tribute to shockwave that used to dominate over the front of the park.

Santa's Village is a family park, no?

Wow I’m an idiot. Lol but yes. It is. I just miss kiddieland. In its good days. I have So many toddler cousins so I think about takin them on rides often now
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2018, 6:13 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:The Reddit guy also said this:

Just thought I'd share

Why would it be red/black when we have a red & black coaster down the way? Also SFOG better not change Georgia Scorcher!!

It's Six Flags... They could paint it black track and red supports though. That would be the opposite colors of X-Flight. Or in 2020, Six Flags America receives a brand new wing coaster. The biggest investment the park has ever made in it's history. lol

Seriously though, if it is black track and red supports, it might mean Demon's demise is coming pretty soon. Another black track roller coaster on that side of the park doesn't make a lot of sense unless Demon is dead.

At Magic Mountain, they have Green Lantern which was painted green, and than they have Riddler's Revenge. They just painted Riddler's Revenge to yellow because people were confused about which ride is which. This is what the park thinks.. I just think people don't like Green Lantern. Worst coaster in the Six Flags chain. A black tracked ride on that side of the park doesn't make sense.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2018, 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 25th, 2018, 6:36 pm
Can't wait until Thursday :-)

Yeah I included the Hangover! I'm OCD and wanted an even number. Please don't hurt me, lol ;-)
Attachments
teaser_whizzer_chi.jpg
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 25th, 2018, 6:47 pm
JackGlass wrote:Can't wait until Thursday :-)

Yeah I included the Hangover! I'm OCD and wanted an even number. Please don't hurt me, lol ;-)

HOW DARE YOU! Just kidding, good job putting that together! I think Maxx Force will become of the best coasters in our park IF it is actually a coaster lol.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum