Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Mardi Gras Hangover Discussion Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Viper 88 on July 16th, 2018, 10:50 am
I seriously don't know what happened I asked a question about MGH and now its gone. Here goes again:
HOW FLUFFY FRIENDLY ARE WE TALKING? I can do Demon King Chaos AE Viper. Batman Superman X Goliath V2 all no goes never tried Bull. Answers are appreciated instead of just passing me up.
Viper 88

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 16th, 2018, 11:11 am
^ there's a lot of wiggle room in the seats that are made so you float out of your seat so that's a good thing. It doesn't seem like a tight fit at all.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby MrsTaxi on July 17th, 2018, 12:44 am
Viper 88 wrote:I seriously don't know what happened I asked a question about MGH and now its gone. Here goes again:
HOW FLUFFY FRIENDLY ARE WE TALKING? I can do Demon King Chaos AE Viper. Batman Superman X Goliath V2 all no goes never tried Bull. Answers are appreciated instead of just passing me up.

Hubby lost a lot of weight and Hangover is still a no go. Cannot get the seatbelt to click :shock:

ETA: he fits on Joker, Superman and bull easily.
MrsTaxi

Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2018, 10:29 pm
I think it’s cause the seats are so straight up & down, there’s no slouch or “bucket” seating like we see on B&Ms for example. My bestie is thick but not overweight for being 6’2” & he has a hard time with Hangover. More of him complaining it’s uncomfortable. Idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 10th, 2018, 2:21 pm
I finally got a ride on the Super Loop (aka "Hangover"). Wow was I disappointed! The ride was totally underwhelming. I found the looping to be very slow and controlled and didn't feel very much gravity except for the "hangover" time.

I sure hope 2019 brings something good!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 3:33 pm
I still have not ridden it. I have been bringing my sister to the park lately and we only do smaller rides. But the more I watch and hear about the ride, I do not think I will not like it that much. When I rode Spincycle at Silverwood, I was let down so much because there was barely any gravity. If Hangover is anything like that I will not be a huge fan.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on August 10th, 2018, 8:53 pm
I oddly enjoy it. I hate it’s long line but I think it’s just fun. Seeing the park upside down that long is a new & fun perspective. I think it’s a great addition to that area with a fantastic lighting package of crazy bright LEDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 11:36 pm
^ That is true, it has the best light package in the park besides TT2 :wink:
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 11th, 2018, 12:27 am
Rode it when I visited a few weeks ago out of curiosity. It looks pretty shabby and the ride experience is shabby as well. No need to waste my time on it again. Beyond that, though- not a fan of seats facing each other on ride vehicles, and GAm is 2 for 2 in that department in the past couple of years.

I suppose I'm OK with all of this, though. Definitely an inferior experience compared to Power Dive, but the concept is pretty much the same.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 13th, 2018, 11:44 pm
Basing it just on whether or not people like this ride (other than myself), what a flop. In August (and the park was pretty crowded), the ride doesn't even 1/2 of the line full (Maybe, 25% of the line was full. Pretty sad.). Remember, this is the brand, new spanking ride for the summer. This SHOULD be the ride you just have to get on, for the last ride because it's the new hotness. If they would have bought a pendulum ride instead (like the Riddler at Over Texas), you would see a totally different story with that ride over this one.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 20th, 2018, 2:34 pm
I've now had 3 total rides on this and it's just OK. Definitely NOT a must-have. I actually like King Chaos much better. The lights do look nice at night however.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on September 5th, 2018, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Sven18 on August 20th, 2018, 3:30 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Basing it just on whether or not people like this ride (other than myself), what a flop. In August (and the park was pretty crowded), the ride doesn't even 1/2 of the line full (Maybe, 25% of the line was full. Pretty sad.). Remember, this is the brand, new spanking ride for the summer. This SHOULD be the ride you just have to get on, for the last ride because it's the new hotness. If they would have bought a pendulum ride instead (like the Riddler at Over Texas), you would see a totally different story with that ride over this one.

Zamperla Giant Discoveries cost more than a Larson Loop. The standard loopers are about 800K, the larger one probably made it about 1M. Discoveries are just under 3M. Even with the problems the Skywarp had in getting working at SFDK at least it was unique and would have been a better choice than the 9th superloop and thinking justmkaingit bigger was going to be a draw. Discoveries are big draws at all the SF parks that have them. The parks I have visited, they are by far the flat with the longest line, 20 to 30 on pretty slow day, 45 to hr on a busy day.
Sven18

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 20th, 2018, 11:49 pm
In the gp's eyes, a giant discovery is much more appealing than a super loop in my opinion. I feel like a regular would like the speed and non-inversions more.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 2nd, 2018, 11:14 am
If anyone wants to get their Larson FIREball / Ring of FIRE credit whoring on, you can ride the FIRE rides at Deerfield (high school) or Buffalo Grove Days for Labor Day. The Superloop name is so old. That's like these rides from 30 years ago. They aren't called that anymore.. Maybe, you get lucky, and find a 30 year old one traveling around the country, but even the cars have changed over time to the Larson Fireball style instead. The enthusiast community confuses me with always calling them Superloops. IF the ride in the movie Big was called Superloop, that's from 1988 - (30 years ago).

This is a style of a Superloops ride, and the Ring of FIREs, and you compare it to Great America's (same style of the Larson FIREballs):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27847413@N00/5651335605

Even at Six Flags, a bunch of them are called Fireball. The one at Great Adventure has to do with the devil's ride (the name of it), etc. Six Flags does not call any of them Superloops. Most of Six Flags rides literally have fiberglass fire on the top of the loop, except Great America's.

If you would rather ride better rides though (than those garbage rides), you would go to Schaumburg's Septemberfest, Golf Mill Mall in Niles, IL, or Carol Stream's town center for Labor Day weekend.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Viper 88 on September 3rd, 2018, 11:20 am
I was against it from the start I knew it was just going to be meh! I again haven't ridden it yet because no one understands we're in the midwest and people are a little bigger so rides could be a scosch more accommodating, but hearing the reviews it seems the only thing that I agree on is the lights look very nice and we could use more night time rides that look this nice.
Viper 88

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum