Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Mardi Gras Hangover Discussion Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 18th, 2018, 8:24 pm
Double Post, Does anyone know the price of the hangover shirts?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on May 18th, 2018, 9:15 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 18th, 2018, 9:31 pm
A lot of people are complaining how slow that looks and that theres no theming in the comments of that video, but its only one of the first tests and they're probably just testing certain things...I hope.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 18th, 2018, 9:57 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:A lot of people are complaining how slow that looks and that theres no theming in the comments of that video, but its only one of the first tests and they're probably just testing certain things...I hope.

Well the slower it is the more hangtime so yeah. But hey they never said they were going to break the record of most fastest "loop coaster" (not a coaster).
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 18th, 2018, 10:03 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:A lot of people are complaining how slow that looks and that theres no theming in the comments of that video, but its only one of the first tests and they're probably just testing certain things...I hope.

Well the slower it is the more hangtime so yeah. But hey they never said they were going to break the record of most fastest "loop coaster" (not a coaster).

Exactly!
I mean do people think it was gonna go like 70mph? LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 18th, 2018, 10:25 pm
https://youtu.be/TCYyD0oqbY4 Here it looks much faster. You're hanging upside down for so long! Its crazy!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on May 18th, 2018, 10:32 pm
That video is much better. I love the lighting package
RollingCoasting

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 19th, 2018, 10:45 am
RollingCoasting wrote:That video is much better. I love the lighting package

If they broke the record for coolest light package on a super loop I wouldn't be surprised.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 19th, 2018, 11:35 am
The lights and the hangtime combined is really crazy! At one point it looks like you're hanging upside down for about 10 seconds!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 19th, 2018, 2:42 pm
Welp... the ride got stuck upside down for a long time. If it effects the opening I wouldn't be surprised.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 19th, 2018, 2:46 pm
^ Uh oh lol.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 19th, 2018, 10:46 pm
I believe Valleyfair's new superloop "Delirious" and Mardi Gras Hangover both have the same ride cycle.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby stockboy300 on May 20th, 2018, 7:13 am
I tried to buy the shirt Saturday. Employees said they hadn't come in yet!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 20th, 2018, 8:24 am
stockboy300 wrote:I tried to buy the shirt Saturday. Employees said they hadn't come in yet!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Me too! I was pretty disappointed.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 21st, 2018, 7:08 pm
Any update on the Hangover? I wonder if they have all of the queuing and sign up. Can't wait to hear what people think of it tomorrow!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 21st, 2018, 8:10 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Any update on the Hangover? I wonder if they have all of the queuing and sign up. Can't wait to hear what people think of it tomorrow!

From my visit on Saturday the queue still needed work to be done, but they'll figure something out.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby stockboy300 on May 21st, 2018, 8:38 pm
Just got a email saying special ride time for members on Thursday between Noon and 6pm.
Last edited by stockboy300 on May 21st, 2018, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stockboy300

Postby Goku1910 on May 21st, 2018, 8:39 pm
There's multiple days for members starting the 23rd.

The only difference is what level members and season pass holders can do it on whichever day.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 21st, 2018, 9:00 pm
I believe that both of the newest Larson Superloops have the same ride cycle. I prefer the other ride cycle, because the new one seems much slower and not as exciting. I guess I will have to wait and see if it is better than it looks.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 21st, 2018, 9:08 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I believe that both of the newest Larson Superloops have the same ride cycle. I prefer the other ride cycle, because the new one seems much slower and not as exciting. I guess I will have to wait and see if it is better than it looks.

I’m sure if we get the slower one we may get the faster one for Fright Fest just like some of the other rides. I believe these types of rides come with many different ride cycles and the park is the one that chooses which one is used. In my opinion Six Flags will always use a slower cycle as not to put added stress on the ride daily in hopes that the life span will last longer. Then again this is just a guess.

B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 22nd, 2018, 12:16 am
I'm saying it's a roller coaster. I don't even count credits whatsoever. I care whether a ride is great, good, or bad. It has a track, the train looks somewhat roller coasterish, and it coasts. It might be (to me) one of the worst roller coasters their is, but I would count it as a coaster. As whatever people want to call it (a ride), I don't like this ride. Never have. Probably won't ride it. Who wants one of the worst (rides) "coasters" in their homepark? I don't..

Still, I think it's a coaster though. It is a "cheap marketing scheme" coaster though because it does the exact same thing as a Kamikaze, a Bonzai, or the Zamperla (ride manufacturer) version, but you aren't in a train / like a coaster train with those rides.

Kamikaze video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69NQnfrovBI

Bonzai video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1yndkMNmOQ

Zamperla version video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWMUz0BDz6E

To me, this does way more coasterish things than the Joker does. If Joker was just a coaster / no flipping cars (which is a flat ride thing), it would be one of the worst coasters on the planet because it literally does nothing without the forced magnets that make it flip, and the wobbly cars you find on a Chance Zipper, or Chance Chaos + other carnival rides.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 22nd, 2018, 7:30 am
It looks like a fun ride, regardless of classification. Six Flags is just trying to make their coaster count look more robust than it actually is. They've been counting Eagle as two roller coasters for ages, even though the Guinness book of world records doesn't consider it to be two.

I personally don't consider it to be a Roller Coaster, but a good, throwback flat ride.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 22nd, 2018, 9:10 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:It looks like a fun ride, regardless of classification. Six Flags is just trying to make their coaster count look more robust than it actually is. They've been counting Eagle as two roller coasters for ages, even though the Guinness book of world records doesn't consider it to be two.

I personally don't consider it to be a Roller Coaster, but a good, throwback flat ride.

I don’t know about everyone else but I’ve always considered Eagle to be 2 different coasters. The layouts are slightly different and you get different feelings from them once you exit the helix and are heading back too the station.

B&MGuy35

Postby benneluke on May 22nd, 2018, 1:26 pm
A milwaukee news station has footage of the new ride here:
https://www.tmj4.com/entertainment/rock ... at-america
Looks like it starts off slow and builds up some pretty good speed!
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 22nd, 2018, 5:34 pm
So I had the privilege of riding Hangover today. Overall, it's ok. It's a new thrilling flat that the park needed, so I think it delivers in that sense. I haven't done any other Larson Loop, so I don't know how they ride. But this one seems to be similar in terms of ride cycle. You start by climbing up one side, then going around the other a few loops. Then you stay at the top for a solid 15 seconds. And let me tell you, those 15 seconds are something else. The hangtime then is absolutely insane. Definitely the highlight of the ride. Then it goes around the other way at a much faster speed. Unfortunately, you don't really 'feel' any speed or intensity outside of that hangtime. Oh yeah, the thing broke every other cycle, so that's going to be fun for maintenance.

It's a decent ride overall. It's something the park needed, and has some nice hangtime. Nothing more than that, really.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum