Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official: The Joker Review Topic. Post your ride review!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby FParker185 on September 4th, 2017, 3:18 pm
The vest is not solid rubber, there is plenty of reinforcement, the "soft" is just padding same as any other ride
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby gottastrata33 on September 28th, 2017, 3:28 pm
Out of all the times I’ve ridden Joker between the commercial shoot til now, I had the best experience on it this last Sunday! This is gonna be a huge run on sentence butttt ...

We rode geeen side & flipped as usual on the first dip, then flipped again on the second hill, turned upside down & stuck that way the entire third hill & then something that never has happened to me personally, we flipped upside right then dropped towards the ground on our belly on the raven turn but then flipped upside at the bottom of it, rocked back & forth on the double up & then fiercly flipped upside down on the last drop. It was perfect & insane & a great way to end the night!
gottastrata33

Postby Zod on April 22nd, 2018, 10:55 pm
I was impressed by this ride. I didn't expect to like it but I did. There is nothing in the park like it, so I think it was a solid addition.
Zod

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 23rd, 2018, 7:22 am
Definitely more forceful than the one in Fiesta Texas and Great Adventure. The problem was when I kept flipping it was putting roughness on my chest. Don't know if this is normal but I was the only one who faced this problem.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 14th, 2018, 9:38 pm
This ride sometimes stinks, and than it's awesome. It stinks, and than it's awesome. Sometimes, you can get 1 flip, and sometimes you can get one of the most awesome, exciting, glorious flip you ever received on it. It's so fickle. The problem I have with it, and why it's pretty bad sometimes, and sometimes it's not, is because of only 2 magnets on the entire ride. The magnets are supposed to help make it flip over on that spot. One is right after the lift, and one is on the 2nd level towards the end. This thing needs at least 4 magnets. Sure, they don't want to chance it on the top row because it got stuck in Texas, and probably somewhere else, but why not another on the 2nd row, and another on the last row? A Chance Zipper or a Zamperla Power Surge, you pretty much know you are going to get maybe 8 flips, but this it could be a waste of time, or it could be great.

And the longer the line, the more you just wasted a lot of time. I just don't think I will ride it much when the line is longer. To me, it's not worth the predictability of a horrible ride. 1 flip & a walk-on is so much better than 1 flip & a 40 minute line. For me, I will ride it when it's walk-on - 15 minutes, probably only. Batman, Raging Bull, V2, Superman, the other Batman, American Eagle, etc you know what you are getting every time. 4 or 5 magnets, I would probably wait 40 min - 1 hour everytime, but not for 2 magnets. It's amazing how they try so hard (these amusement ride manufacturers) to recreate the Chance Zipper, but they sort of fail over and over again, and amusement parks aren't smart enough to buy the Chance Zipper, and stop the struggle with all these failed attempts. Instead they buy the stupid carnival ride, the Larson Looper. I mean; they only made over 100 Chance Zippers. It's not like the general public likes them ... Illinois only has about 7 Chance Zippers (1 Modern / 1 Wilson / 2 Windy City / 1 Skinners / 1 Fantasy / 1 Great American Carnival) with carnivals.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 10th, 2018, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterNick3157 on June 6th, 2018, 11:44 pm
^ yeah you definitely not affiliated with me none what so ever but tag someone else material if you worried about other people thinking its you on the video. Thanks
CoasterNick3157

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum