Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Eagle vs Viper - Which Ride Do You Prefer ?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 13th, 2019, 2:50 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:For me it will be Viper.
-Amazing Airtime
-Consistent
-Back seat and front are amazing
-Well paced
Why I didn't choose Eagle
-The ride is inconsistent. Sometimes you get a crap ride. Other times you get a really good.
-The roughness is starting to ruin the airtime.

I 100% agree with this Viper all the way. The double down on a non wheel seat is amazing. My favorite row is second to back. Viper is my number 3 in the park as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on June 14th, 2019, 10:52 pm
I think both are great but I’m always gonna love AE red. It was my favorite coaster in the park for a very long time before XFlight was built.
gottastrata33

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on July 2nd, 2019, 1:58 am
Is this really a question for me it’s viper it’s a smoother ride and I love the air time this thing gives for me American eagle is not enjoyable in its current state I believe a rmc/retrack could do it some goo but I I wanted a sfga wooden coaster to recive the rmc treatment I would say viper
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby IssaCoaster on July 3rd, 2019, 11:44 am
Mr.EveryDaySFGA wrote:Is this really a question for me it’s viper it’s a smoother ride and I love the air time this thing gives for me American eagle is not enjoyable in its current state I believe a rmc/retrack could do it some goo but I I wanted a sfga wooden coaster to recive the rmc treatment I would say viper

Viper would actually be an interesting RMC. The airtime is already good on the rollercoaster. But I think AE is getting the RMC. It is in rough shape.
IssaCoaster

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on July 3rd, 2019, 1:29 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
Mr.EveryDaySFGA wrote:Is this really a question for me it’s viper it’s a smoother ride and I love the air time this thing gives for me American eagle is not enjoyable in its current state I believe a rmc/retrack could do it some goo but I I wanted a sfga wooden coaster to recive the rmc treatment I would say viper

Viper would actually be an interesting RMC. The airtime is already good on the rollercoaster. But I think AE is getting the RMC. It is in rough shape.

Agreed

Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby willxxforce on July 3rd, 2019, 1:57 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:

Isn't that what twisted cyclone is? An RMC cyclone?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Maxx Force will be my 50th
willxxforce

Postby willxxforce on July 3rd, 2019, 1:59 pm
So I just went on the Eagle for the first time in like 3 years and WOW it's rough and trimmed to death. Those last 3 bunny hills have like 0 airtime now.

willxxforce

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm
willxxforce wrote:So I just went on the Eagle for the first time in like 3 years and WOW it's rough and trimmed to death. Those last 3 bunny hills have like 0 airtime now.

Hmmm, which train did you ride and what row? I've ridden red, front row, several times this year and have gotten very good airtime! (I leave the lapbar up a bit, and loosen the seatbelt)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby willxxforce on July 3rd, 2019, 2:24 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
willxxforce wrote:So I just went on the Eagle for the first time in like 3 years and WOW it's rough and trimmed to death. Those last 3 bunny hills have like 0 airtime now.

Hmmm, which train did you ride and what row? I've ridden red, front row, several times this year and have gotten very good airtime! (I leave the lapbar up a bit, and loosen the seatbelt)
I was back row red. It got trimmed HARD off the helix and barely made it up to the brakes before the final helix. We actually sat on those breaks for a minute so maybe it was just a bad run.

willxxforce

Postby ArchitectPlayz on July 14th, 2019, 11:02 pm
Personally I prefer viper, as it is a lot smoother of an experience, and a lot more airtime, especially the way the lapbars are built I can get a lot more space than Eagle.

ArchitectPlayz

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 14th, 2019, 11:31 pm
After coming back from my trip, I can’t help but compare Viper to the wooden roller coasters I rode on my trip. Viper is indeed a great coaster and we are lucky to have this at our park. So I would say Viper is better than AE, especially the 2nd to back row after a rainy day man it hauls. It’s still to this day one of my top 10 wooden roller coasters.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum