Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Video of Little Dipper at Kiddieland With Manual Brakes

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby WaltDatedWorld on September 13th, 2016, 10:37 pm
Thought you might like to see this video I took of the Little Dipper during its last season at Kiddieland that shows the operator manually operating what I assume are brake levers. I wasn't surprised that Great America changed it but I still miss the old levers every time I ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L11f1NssmrE
Visit Walt Dated World
www.waltdatedworld.com
WaltDatedWorld

Postby RollingCoasting on September 13th, 2016, 11:10 pm
Neat video! Though *technically* this should be in the "General Coaster Talk" forum :P
RollingCoasting

Postby WaltDatedWorld on September 13th, 2016, 11:18 pm
I debated where to put it but thought since it's now at Great America it would be interesting to see how it used to operate. :)
Visit Walt Dated World
www.waltdatedworld.com
WaltDatedWorld

Postby sfgam1976 on September 21st, 2016, 12:58 am
Meteor at Little Amerricka still has the hand brake. Little Dipper can't have it because Six Flags would be liable if something happened due to operator error. Also because that's archaic technology compared to an automatic control system...
sfgam1976

Postby stergmi on September 21st, 2016, 5:32 am
sfgam1976 wrote:Meteor at Little Amerricka still has the hand brake. Little Dipper can't have it because Six Flags would be liable if something happened due to operator error. Also because that's archaic technology compared to an automatic control system...

I was surprised to see Pegasus (a full size woodie) at Mt. Olympus have a hand brake still.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby CoasterCale on September 21st, 2016, 8:28 am
If you want ancient technology, check out the coasters that have the operators on the train with riders. Talk about a trimmed ride experience. :lol:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Funeralboy on September 21st, 2016, 4:08 pm
Check out the "manual brake" on this ride at the end of the video. I remember riding this as a kid when I visited my family in West Virginia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53hBpPb4MiI
Funeralboy

Postby JaminOut on September 21st, 2016, 4:22 pm
Haha that's a bit sketchy and unreliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 4:39 pm
Reminds of the days when I would ride Little Dipper, get off, and run back into the queue so I could be on the next train. Only time I've ever marathoned a coaster haha
RollingCoasting

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum