Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Raging Bull Hits Million Rider Milestone

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby WaltDatedWorld on September 13th, 2016, 9:50 pm
I was at the Out in the Park event September 10th. While I was in line for Raging Bull, it was announced that they just passed one million riders. I assume that was just for the season? What is the average number of riders on each of the coaster each season?
Visit Walt Dated World
www.waltdatedworld.com
WaltDatedWorld

Postby RollingCoasting on September 13th, 2016, 9:56 pm
It usually gets a million riders around this time of year, so that's not surprising. It probably gets a bit more than a million riders for season overall, but I'm not completely sure.
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on September 13th, 2016, 10:32 pm
Operations seems to get slower every year. I remember when they'd reach this milestone by August. Not a little over a week into September.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby RollingCoasting on September 13th, 2016, 11:14 pm
In 2014 it happened in October, so at least it's back in the pre-Fright Fest range

Goliath is most likely a factor in why Bull is getting 1 Million riders later than usual
RollingCoasting

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 15th, 2016, 12:21 am
2014 was October 4th, or at least they had signs up when I rode RB that day.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby sfgam1976 on September 17th, 2016, 4:24 pm
2009 8 rides hit a million. Typically now two rides get a million. It's not Goliath slowing that down :wink:.
sfgam1976

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 19th, 2016, 9:58 am
Could it be that now there are more rides so the rider count is more spread out? X Flight and Goliath are getting riders whereas in 2009 neither ride existed.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby stergmi on September 19th, 2016, 10:05 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Could it be that now there are more rides so the rider count is more spread out? X Flight and Goliath are getting riders whereas in 2009 neither ride existed.

Since 2009 we lost Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf. We've gained Little Dipper, X-Flight and Goliath.

I guess the question is how close do those other 7 rides come to hitting 1M and how much above 1M does Goliath hit?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 19th, 2016, 10:43 am
You're right, we lost RC. I forgot about that ride. And Goliath is basically a "replacement" for Iron Wolf.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 4:10 pm
I don't think Wolfie or Cajun were rides that got a million per season (Atleast not in their final years). In 2011, Raging Bull, American Eagle, and Batman: The Ride all hit one million.

I'm pretty sure Bull's hit 1 Million every year
I don't think Eagle's had 1 Million in a while. Same with Batman
RollingCoasting

Postby sfgam1976 on September 21st, 2016, 1:22 am
I'm not going to go into too much detail, but SFGAm used to be much more focused on efficiency. The current hourly rider throughput at the coasters is (not kidding) about 50% of what it was a few years ago. 2011/2012 were the last years that there was good throughput throughout. Fewer rides are getting a million riders because it takes much longer for a million people to be able to ride.
sfgam1976

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum