Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2017 Passes/Memberships

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on August 26th, 2016, 11:36 am
Just saw a Facebook ad that let me to discover that 2017 passes/memberships are already available, at least for renewals. sixflags.com/renew

Seems to be the same basic deal as the last few years, although with some bonus tickets for renewals which I think is new. I was looking for any hints of anything else new (Holiday In the Park?) And didn't see anything, but I'm busy working oking, maybe somebody else would have better luck...
Last edited by anewman35 on August 27th, 2016, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby Jackluver18 on August 26th, 2016, 11:42 am
I just saw that too. It says you have 10 days to take advantage of the sale. Nothing about Dining passes yet. Maybe they'll announce that on the 1st.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 26th, 2016, 1:49 pm
THANKS for posting this! The price looks like it's $15 less than last year with some additional perks.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby BCarroll on August 26th, 2016, 9:42 pm
I haven't seen any advertising for this yet besides the direct website above. I just want to make sure this is legit before I buy my pass. If it is, thats a hack of a deal!
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby anewman35 on August 26th, 2016, 9:55 pm
BCarroll wrote:I haven't seen any advertising for this yet besides the direct website above. I just want to make sure this is legit before I buy my pass. If it is, thats a hack of a deal!

It's on sixflags.com. I'm not sure how it gets any more legit than that? But if you're worried, I'm sure they'll push out the same deal on September 1st through e-mail and stuff.

One thing interesting is that the fine print says you have to buy four or more to get the special offers, but it seems to let you go most of the way through (I didn't finalize it) buying only one. Also, if you renew you get a bonus 2017 ticket which is good April 29-September 4, 2017, which I'm guessing means that's the dates of the regular season (although it seems possible they'd open a week earlier and not let you use the free ticket opening weekend because of crowds).
anewman35

Postby chrisisdragon on August 26th, 2016, 10:03 pm
Wow the dinning passes this year are way more expensive then last year Is the dinning pass even worth it
chrisisdragon

Postby anewman35 on August 26th, 2016, 10:05 pm
chrisisdragon wrote:Wow the dinning passes this year are way more expensive then last year Is the dinning pass even worth it

Unless I'm missing something, they don't have 2017 dining passes up yet, just 2016 ones which (inexplicably to me, but it's always this way) get more expensive as the season goes on. I'm sure they'll have various deals on 2017 ones on September 1st.
anewman35

Postby chrisisdragon on August 26th, 2016, 10:27 pm
anewman35 wrote:
chrisisdragon wrote:Wow the dinning passes this year are way more expensive then last year Is the dinning pass even worth it

Unless I'm missing something, they don't have 2017 dining passes up yet, just 2016 ones which (inexplicably to me, but it's always this way) get more expensive as the season goes on. I'm sure they'll have various deals on 2017 ones on September 1st.

I was talking about 2016 dining pass Its going to be about the same for 2017 no way its going to go down in price
chrisisdragon

Postby anewman35 on August 26th, 2016, 10:37 pm
chrisisdragon wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

I was talking about 2016 dining pass Its going to be about the same for 2017 no way its going to go down in price

It will, I guarantee it. Passes (season passes and dining passes) are always cheapest during the pre-season sale, and only get more expensive as the season goes on (with a sale once in a while), but they never get as cheap as the pre-season sale again.

Example: a current 2016 regular pass is $78 and a gold pass is $98. A 2017 gold pass (which includes 2016) is $62.

If I recall correctly, last season the dining pass for the initial Flash Sale was $50-$100ish depending on which one you got (maybe somebody who bought them could confirm?). I'd be very surprised if that changed very much. There's no way in the world they try to charge anywhere near what they have them up for now ($159-$200)
anewman35

Postby MrsTaxi on August 27th, 2016, 2:54 am
anewman35 wrote:Just saw a Facebook ad that let me to discover that 2017 passes/memberships are already available, at least for renewals. sixflags.com/renew

Seems to be the same basic deal as the last few years, although with some bonus tickets for renewals which I think is new. I was looking for any hints of anything else new (Holiday In the Park?) And didn't see anything, but I'm busy looking, maybe somebody else would have better luck...

Thanks for the info! Looks like a good deal!
MrsTaxi

Postby Jackluver18 on August 27th, 2016, 7:33 pm
'One thing interesting is that the fine print says you have to buy four or more to get the special offers, but it seems to let you go most of the way through (I didn't finalize it) buying only one. "

Where does it say you have to buy four or more to get the special offers?
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby anewman35 on August 27th, 2016, 7:39 pm
Jackluver18 wrote:'One thing interesting is that the fine print says you have to buy four or more to get the special offers, but it seems to let you go most of the way through (I didn't finalize it) buying only one. "

Where does it say you have to buy four or more to get the special offers?

It was in the small print at the bottom. It's not anymore.
anewman35

Postby Jackluver18 on August 27th, 2016, 8:48 pm
Okay, well hopefully you won't have to buy 4 to get the offers. Im buying my season pass and dining pass for myself. I just read that on September 1st is when they'll announce the price for Dining pass and Membership pass. So Im gonna wait till Thursday or Friday when I have the day off to buy it.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Tardis1972 on August 28th, 2016, 12:15 pm
I did this last year so I'll be doing it again this year. I'll probably buy my pass on either the 2nd or 3rd.
Tardis1972

Postby LordMagnus101 on August 29th, 2016, 8:54 am
Got two passes for the discounted price. My fiance and I decided the dining pass was no longer worth it as we can easily eat before driving down the street to the park. It's especially not worth it after the insane, non moving line I waited in at the new chicken place to get a chicken sandwich with a tiny piece of chicken on it.
LordMagnus101

Postby RollingCoasting on August 30th, 2016, 4:16 pm
LordMagnus101 wrote:Got two passes for the discounted price. My fiance and I decided the dining pass was no longer worth it as we can easily eat before driving down the street to the park. It's especially not worth it after the insane, non moving line I waited in at the new chicken place to get a chicken sandwich with a tiny piece of chicken on it.

Are you kidding? Strutters has one of the best deals in the park with the dining pass.
RollingCoasting

Postby dlmtechnology on August 30th, 2016, 6:55 pm
I jumped at the renewal as there wasn't a 4-pack requirement. In the past my partner and I always got screwed on the pass price because we were buying only two so we would have to work out a "you get gold, I'll get regular" Now we both have gold and it's cheaper than we spent last year.

Now to wait till a dining pass sale hits.
dlmtechnology

Postby Tardis1972 on August 30th, 2016, 7:09 pm
Bought my pass earlier today. Decided I didn't want to wait until the weekend to buy it.
Tardis1972

Postby acutler on August 31st, 2016, 3:24 pm
Dining passes for next year are $69.99. They come with upgrade to premium which comes with sport bottle. Here is the link:https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/season-dining-passes-flashsale
No gold dining pass this year, just premium.
acutler

Postby bbd on August 31st, 2016, 3:44 pm
acutler wrote:Dining passes for next year are $69.99. They come with upgrade to premium which comes with sport bottle. Here is the link:https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/season-dining-passes-flashsale
No gold dining pass this year, just premium.

So total for total of $151 including processing and tax for Season Gold Pass and Season Premium Dining. Bought last year in spring and it coast $183 and that was for Regular Pass and Gold Dining.
bbd

Postby batmanfan80 on September 1st, 2016, 8:29 am
I'm not sure how we ended up spending $450 for two season passes with parking on one and two dining passes, but I'm waiting to see how FF turns out before I consider buying more passes. If I lived right down the street or even within 30 miles, it'd be worth it just to use the dining pass every week. But if I'm going for the rides, it seems kinda silly to plunk down over $400 for maybe 6-8 weeks between May-July where the lines are reasonable. The dining pass is very worthwhile. You could get by with just one for two people because they give out such big quantities. Even when there were hordes of people in the middle of last month, we never had a problem with food lines.

If the prices go lower in addition to adding the new Joker coaster that may or may not increase demand. Goliath I think just increased demand for Flash Passes tenfold. Joker might only get an X-Flight level of hype, which is to say hardly any. X-Flight ridership has been much higher in the Goliath era than when it first opened. What they're trying to do I think is maintain the extra interest the Goliath advertising blitz brought them. My guess is that they're hoping this Joker coaster sustains it until they can bring in another record-setter that generates massive interest.
batmanfan80

Postby bbd on September 1st, 2016, 4:46 pm
batmanfan80 wrote:I'm not sure how we ended up spending $450 for two season passes with parking on one and two dining passes, but I'm waiting to see how FF turns out before I consider buying more passes. If I lived right down the street or even within 30 miles, it'd be worth it just to use the dining pass every week. But if I'm going for the rides, it seems kinda silly to plunk down over $400 for maybe 6-8 weeks between May-July where the lines are reasonable. The dining pass is very worthwhile. You could get by with just one for two people because they give out such big quantities. Even when there were hordes of people in the middle of last month, we never had a problem with food lines.

If the prices go lower in addition to adding the new Joker coaster that may or may not increase demand. Goliath I think just increased demand for Flash Passes tenfold. Joker might only get an X-Flight level of hype, which is to say hardly any. X-Flight ridership has been much higher in the Goliath era than when it first opened. What they're trying to do I think is maintain the extra interest the Goliath advertising blitz brought them. My guess is that they're hoping this Joker coaster sustains it until they can bring in another record-setter that generates massive interest.

When you ordered did you add Season Parking to your cart? You didn't need to b/c the deal was free upgrade to Gold, which comes with free parking. Don't see how you got $450 total with 2 passes, 2 Dining..should have been about $300 w/ tax and processing fee.
bbd

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 7:36 pm
I'll never understand Six Flags pricing. Our passes are more than a lot of the smaller parks (and a little less than parks like Great Adventure and Magic Mountain), but most of those parks have dining passes that are $10 more than ours. Also there are a wide variety of different rules - for example, some parks you need to pick up by the beginning of October to get the free Gold upgrade, we have until November...
anewman35

Postby Bullsnike on September 1st, 2016, 7:41 pm
So here's a question that maybe someone might be able to help with.

If I have a current Membership with SFStl and want to switch everything to SFGam (looking like the membership this year would actually be a little cheaper by about $0.50/month vs what i'm paying now and the dining pass for SFGam is $10 cheaper than SFStl this year), should I just cancel my current before buying the new (officially my 12 months are up September 5th), or if I don't cancel my current one, will I then end up getting double billed? I had a season pass offer for SFStl for $49.99 with my promo, but I like the membership option and honestly I only bought the one in St. Louis last year since i was in town over labor day.

Also, I plan on adding a season flash pass for SFGam at some point while the price is low (I'm sure it'll be offered at $299 for a bit), so I figure it would be better for my membership to be at SFGam since it's about 30 minutes closer than SFStl is to me.

Let me know if you have any experience with this.
Bullsnike

Postby Goku1910 on September 1st, 2016, 8:32 pm
anewman35 wrote:Just saw a Facebook ad that let me to discover that 2017 passes/memberships are already available, at least for renewals. sixflags.com/renew

Seems to be the same basic deal as the last few years, although with some bonus tickets for renewals which I think is new. I was looking for any hints of anything else new (Holiday In the Park?) And didn't see anything, but I'm busy working oking, maybe somebody else would have better luck...

This is the third year. Always the best time to get next year's pass. Incredible deals.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum