Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

BTR turns 25 next season, so let's tear it down!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby stergmi on August 16th, 2016, 2:04 pm
Now hear me out. BTR is the most cloned full circuit coaster since the Coney Island Cyclone with 7 other versions of it at Six Flags parks and another 5 out there in the world. What was once special is just another ride. And I don't even have to go to G-Am to ride it for the first time. Lame.

B&M has built 2 inverts in the US since 2006 (Patriot and Banshee). There are as many unique B&M inverts in North America as there are BTR clones. (11 uniques to 9 BTR clones). Also Lame

So let's celebrate BTR by giving it a final season, bring back the Namtab train as well and then ripping it out along with the go karts and replace it with a record breaking (because * King's Island) B&M invert named Batman: Escape from Arkham with a retheming of the existing station house. And use it as the centerpiece of the transformation of Yankee Harbor and part of Mardi Gras into Gotham Harbor. Not Lame.

Hell, we can send the original BTR to Six Flags America. They don't have a hand me down invert yet.
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on August 16th, 2016, 2:12 pm
This sounds like something to put into the Wishlist thread (Huh, I guess I am a backseat mod lol).

Also, this is highly unlikely as it was the world's first invert AND it's still one of the most intense rides in the park. 99% of the population aren't enthusiasts that travel the world riding coasters, so there is no harm in a regional theme park chain having one, or eight others in different parks around the country that cater to large cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on August 16th, 2016, 2:32 pm
I like batman clones. They are intense and have some nice elements. They also seem to not loose too much of its speed. They always get overlooked because they're cloned so much, yet raptor at cp has a clone (granted its not cloned as much as batman) I also don't give too much crap to sfgam because we are the original invert

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on August 16th, 2016, 2:34 pm
I can't tell if your joking or not...

Batman is still really popular (3 hour line yesterday) and is the most intense ride in the park. I could honestly see the flumes being removed first.

Ben, please lock this. :D (jk)
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on August 16th, 2016, 2:45 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Ben, please lock this. :D (jk)

Lol
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterDemon on August 16th, 2016, 2:50 pm
Woohoo! Bring back the Tidal Wave :D
CoasterDemon

Postby RollingCoasting on August 16th, 2016, 2:54 pm
American Eagle turns 35 this season, the world has plenty dueling wooden coasters, so let's tear it down too!

Ooh, and Superman, it's a teenager now! And it's a clone!

Don't even get me started on TDK......
RollingCoasting

Postby stergmi on August 16th, 2016, 2:57 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I can't tell if your joking or not...

Batman is still really popular (3 hour line yesterday) and is the most intense ride in the park. I could honestly see the flumes being removed first.

Ben, please lock this. :D (jk)

Like only kinda. I love BTR and it rotates with Bull and Eagle as my first/last ride of the day. But if G-Am were to announce it being replaced with a uniquely laid out, record breaking invert also themed to Batman I wouldn't be super upset. And that should say something considering how triggered I get everytime I hear "RMC Eagle".

Though part of me also wants to see SUF, TDK, V2 all gone because we have too many clone coasters in the park.
stergmi

Postby stergmi on August 16th, 2016, 2:58 pm
JaminOut wrote:This sounds like something to put into the Wishlist thread (Huh, I guess I am a backseat mod lol).

Also, this is highly unlikely as it was the world's first invert AND it's still one of the most intense rides in the park. 99% of the population aren't enthusiasts that travel the world riding coasters, so there is no harm in a regional theme park chain having one, or eight others in different parks around the country that cater to large cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured the Wishlist thread was for mostly serious discussion though
stergmi

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2016, 3:05 pm
Have you read the wish list thread? I HOPE a lot of those posts aren't serious...
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 16th, 2016, 3:21 pm
It's called the wish list thread. Wish list. It doesn't have to be serious, you just post what you want.
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 16th, 2016, 5:33 pm
I don't think this will ever happen. The ride is still super popular and has plenty of forces (I'll wager to say that more people get sick on Batman than any other coaster).

Geez, I suggest that Eagle gets torn down and people were calling for a lynching!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby stergmi on August 16th, 2016, 5:44 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I don't think this will ever happen. The ride is still super popular and has plenty of forces (I'll wager to say that more people get sick on Batman than any other coaster).

Geez, I suggest that Eagle gets torn down and people were calling for a lynching!!

And rightfully so ;-)
stergmi

Postby Jacklw6499 on August 16th, 2016, 5:44 pm
Are you crazy? I really hope this is a joke... Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Great America is an ACE Roller Coaster landmark. It revolutionized the roller coaster industry and did a huge plus for B&M as a company. Not to mention the model at SFGAm was the original before it got cloned. It's a fantastic ride and out of all the Batman clones I have ridden, Great America's is by far the best. I'm not being biased either!
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 16th, 2016, 6:05 pm
stergmi wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I don't think this will ever happen. The ride is still super popular and has plenty of forces (I'll wager to say that more people get sick on Batman than any other coaster).

And rightfully so ;-)

I've seen the error of my ways and have repented! I put a post in the New for 2017 area. I got to see the ride in a different light last night through my 6 yo daughter's eyes. I love the ride again!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby maxwellt on August 16th, 2016, 9:34 pm

My friend puked after batman while in line for superman [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum