SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Random Park Questions

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Tardis1972 on November 8th, 2018, 12:38 pm
You know I don’t think I’ve ever felt that brake before. Although maybe it just didn’t kick hard enough to notice.
Tardis1972

User avatar
 
Posts: 643
Joined: May 23rd, 2014, 11:42 pm
Location: Six Flags Great America

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 8th, 2018, 3:53 pm
It's a small "pause" before the drop/photo shot. I don't think I've ever ridden Bull withOUT that brake on
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby JaminOut on November 8th, 2018, 6:31 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:It's a small "pause" before the drop/photo shot. I don't think I've ever ridden Bull withOUT that brake on


We are talking about the brake after the photo op. It’s directly before the figure eight after the track encompasses the first drop.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 699
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby Airboss on November 8th, 2018, 8:26 pm
I've ridden Bull over 70 times, and I've only felt that trim activate about 3 or 4 times. It seems to activate whenever the train is going faster than normal. For example, two Sundays ago (28th), it was absolutely hauling, and the final trim was definitely on. It doesn't slow you down much, but you can definitely feel the deceleration.
Airboss

 
Posts: 18
Joined: July 11th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 9th, 2018, 1:11 pm
JaminOut wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:It's a small "pause" before the drop/photo shot. I don't think I've ever ridden Bull withOUT that brake on


We are talking about the brake after the photo op. It’s directly before the figure eight after the track encompasses the first drop.



I've ridden Raging Bull well over 100x and I don't think I've noticed any trim brake AFTER the photo op........
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on November 9th, 2018, 2:28 pm
^ Yeah it's right where you begin those small turns before the brake run. There is a section of straight track and then trim.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Medusa Steel Coaster 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 336
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby SaveTheWAVE on November 9th, 2018, 4:22 pm
Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

User avatar
 
Posts: 271
Joined: June 23rd, 2018, 11:10 pm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on November 10th, 2018, 8:54 am
^ thank you. I think some people were confused lol
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 890
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 12th, 2018, 6:08 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ thank you. I think some people were confused lol


Yes! I was a bit confused myself! Thanks for posting the section in question.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby SaveTheWAVE on November 12th, 2018, 9:16 pm
My pleasure.
SaveTheWAVE

User avatar
 
Posts: 271
Joined: June 23rd, 2018, 11:10 pm

Postby Tardis1972 on June 17th, 2019, 10:19 pm
So I noticed on Friday it’s costs $30 to park now. Since when was that the price? I was at the park over Memorial day weekend and I’m pretty sure it was only $26 then. I don’t know I think $30 is just too much and this is coming from someone who has a gold pass.
Tardis1972

User avatar
 
Posts: 643
Joined: May 23rd, 2014, 11:42 pm
Location: Six Flags Great America

Postby coasterlove on June 17th, 2019, 11:04 pm
I know someone posted a pic of the new price a week or two ago somewhere, either on here or one Facebook group or another. I think anything over $15 or $20 is getting to be a lot for parking if someone is just a daily ticket guest. I don't know how anyone would even consider visiting a Six Flags park without some sort of Gold Pass or membership. Between the $60 or more admission at (I'm guessing) almost all of their parks, the $25+ parking and the price of concessions and merchandise.
coasterlove

 
Posts: 97
Joined: May 22nd, 2014, 11:37 pm

Postby launcher330 on July 2nd, 2019, 9:58 am
Thinking of going to the park on July 4th. Have never gone that day in the past. Anyone know the attendance that day? I am wondering if it will be insanely busy or pretty dead.
Thanks.
launcher330

 
Posts: 2
Joined: September 19th, 2016, 9:41 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 2nd, 2019, 12:34 pm
launcher330 wrote:Thinking of going to the park on July 4th. Have never gone that day in the past. Anyone know the attendance that day? I am wondering if it will be insanely busy or pretty dead.
Thanks.

With Maxx Force opening to general public, I predict it will be super crowded.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby V2853 on July 2nd, 2019, 3:42 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
launcher330 wrote:Thinking of going to the park on July 4th. Have never gone that day in the past. Anyone know the attendance that day? I am wondering if it will be insanely busy or pretty dead.
Thanks.

With Maxx Force opening to general public, I predict it will be super crowded.


I would say that the issue is not so much that the park will be packed, it will just be understaffed. (That'll of course make your visit feel like there are 50k in park, though) Typical of the fourth. Last year's fourth fest was one of the worst attended in the event's history. ---- of course, management's answer is to blame the weather and launch a pathetically behind ride in the meantime. I really hate to be a hater but it's just so hard to keep optimistic about this park, especially with such willful ignorance to glaringly obvious guest experience issues.
Doing my part to make management feel like they're important!
What would they do otherwise? Effectively run a park? Not Likely!
#MGAGA
V2853

User avatar
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 28th, 2019, 9:35 am

Postby JT2002 on July 3rd, 2019, 6:04 pm
V2853 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
launcher330 wrote:Thinking of going to the park on July 4th. Have never gone that day in the past. Anyone know the attendance that day? I am wondering if it will be insanely busy or pretty dead.
Thanks.

With Maxx Force opening to general public, I predict it will be super crowded.


I would say that the issue is not so much that the park will be packed, it will just be understaffed. (That'll of course make your visit feel like there are 50k in park, though) Typical of the fourth. Last year's fourth fest was one of the worst attended in the event's history. ---- of course, management's answer is to blame the weather and launch a pathetically behind ride in the meantime. I really hate to be a hater but it's just so hard to keep optimistic about this park, especially with such willful ignorance to glaringly obvious guest experience issues.

This year's fest will also be poorly attended if we get repeats of today. The park was actually overstaffed today though (maybe not Culinary, they're always understaffed)
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 199
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 4th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Last year during the fest the waterpark was slammed and nobody was in the dry park. I went with my sister some of her friends and some of my buddies. Me and my friends stayed in the dry park, rode Goliath ten times in less than an hour, waited less than five minutes for food, and everything was a walk on. My sister and her friends went to the waterpark, hour plus waits for the slides and most seating was taken. They waited two hours for food and during that time 3 people passed out and another two threw up in line. That wait is unacceptable in my opinion.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 176
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 5th, 2019, 9:28 am
Does anyone remember when they last used BOTH sides of Yankee Clipper and Logger's Run?

We rode Yankee Clipper 2x yesterday and I actually noticed that the right side (unused) doesn't actually appear to have anywhere to go after the drop , meaning it wouldn't be able to reach the loading station. Did they modify the ride somehow in the past?

How did that side used to flow, after the drop?

I'm not sure if Logger's has the same issue.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby SiliconMessiah on July 5th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Is anyone at the park today and can they tell me if it's a crowded day? Considering taking the kids this late afternoon / early evening. Anyone who can give me a heads up, I'd much appreciate it!
SiliconMessiah

User avatar
 
Posts: 14
Joined: September 25th, 2018, 8:59 am
Location: Buffalo Grove

Postby IssaCoaster on July 5th, 2019, 3:27 pm
SiliconMessiah wrote:Is anyone at the park today and can they tell me if it's a crowded day? Considering taking the kids this late afternoon / early evening. Anyone who can give me a heads up, I'd much appreciate it!
Idk how the park is, but keep in mind it's supposed to storm later today.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 275
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby Sven18 on July 5th, 2019, 3:51 pm
Best bet the park will very busy the next month barring bad weather. New ride just opened getting media attention locally & add that to the already swamped bring a friend discount days, which they have a bunch coming up. BF Free all next week, then BF $20,etc...
Sven18

 
Posts: 289
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby V2853 on July 5th, 2019, 4:01 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Does anyone remember when they last used BOTH sides of Yankee Clipper and Logger's Run?

We rode Yankee Clipper 2x yesterday and I actually noticed that the right side (unused) doesn't actually appear to have anywhere to go after the drop , meaning it wouldn't be able to reach the loading station. Did they modify the ride somehow in the past?

How did that side used to flow, after the drop?

I'm not sure if Logger's has the same issue.



The dual chute hasn't been used in years. I'm unsure of the exact time frame---- but yes, the ride has been "modified" (they put up barriers on the path to the not used chute). They used to merge right at the base of the drop. You can hardly tell if you aren't paying attention. Logger's Run and Yankee Clipper are both permanently set to one chute. The ride's computer isn't even programmed for 2 Chutes anymore, all of the hardware at the top has been removed.

Legend has it that the dual chute was removed because of an incident in the runout at the California Park, but you know how legends go.
Doing my part to make management feel like they're important!
What would they do otherwise? Effectively run a park? Not Likely!
#MGAGA
V2853

User avatar
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 28th, 2019, 9:35 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 5th, 2019, 4:47 pm
^ Thanks for your comments! I might have ridden one or both of them with both chutes open but if so, that was literally 30+ years ago.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 877
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby JT2002 on July 5th, 2019, 5:42 pm
SiliconMessiah wrote:Is anyone at the park today and can they tell me if it's a crowded day? Considering taking the kids this late afternoon / early evening. Anyone who can give me a heads up, I'd much appreciate it!

It's busier than yesterday, so it's pretty darn crowded, but nothing too bad
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 199
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby FParker185 on July 5th, 2019, 7:58 pm
Yeah, it's been a minimum of 20 years since they blocked off one chute on Loggers and Yankee Clipper, I've heard that both parks had issues with it, and there were incidents o plenty on both, but nothing that would get anyone hurt. Besides I'm sure sure no one really wants to don the hip waders to venture out there to clear up a jam :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, El Toro, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Expedition GeForce, SFOG Goliath, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 201, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 713, Wood: 166, Total: 879
FParker185

User avatar
 
Posts: 4466
Joined: February 5th, 2004, 12:04 am
Location: Joliet, IL

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.