Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

First time visit

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 16th, 2016, 1:21 am
It's a bit tough for first timers. In the way back, there's a little building next to KIDZOPOLIS(the generic kiddie area). That's the shared entrance/exit for both Ealge and Dare Devil Dive. The left side is Eagle, with the second entryway from the left being the entrance itself.

Also, be prepared to run a 5K if you want to get on Eagle.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Viper 88 on April 16th, 2016, 3:08 pm
I warn you the line for American Eagle is deceptively long, There Are numerous bridges, switchbacks, and about 4 staircases plus twists and turns along the way. I believe it is the longest line in the park, but don't quote me. If the opportunity presents itself to ride twice do it then because navigating that line later is a real pain in the @ss.
Viper 88

Postby depotrat on April 16th, 2016, 8:05 pm
How does the loading platform work? If there is no line is it possible to ride once on each side without walking all the way around?
depotrat

Postby anewman35 on April 16th, 2016, 9:25 pm
depotrat wrote:How does the loading platform work? If there is no line is it possible to ride once on each side without walking all the way around?

No. You can't get to the loading side of the other side without walking all the way around. I think it's a moot point, though, because if it was so dead that there was no line, I doubt they'd be running both sides.
anewman35

Postby RaceBoarder on April 17th, 2016, 8:15 am
The entrance and exit ques run parallel to each other. There is a place where you can step over from the exit que about halfway out. Usually the line is not back to this point, so just step through the rail.
RaceBoarder

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on April 20th, 2016, 12:30 pm
Since the park is set up as a circle with exception to how Southwest Territory and Hurricane Harbor are it's not very easy to get turned around unless you just simply exit a coaster going in the wrong direction. Just map out a general idea to where you want to go.

We went to Six Flags St. Louis and that felt a bit like a maze since it wasn't set up quite as a circle. By the end of the day we could figure out where we needed to go, but it was different since we're used to SFGA.
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby depotrat on June 28th, 2016, 11:14 pm
We had a great trip to SFGA today. Thanks to all on here that helped with info and tips. We rode all the coasters, a few twice and did JL also. Flash Pass was a Godsend. Without it, it would have been a nightmare as the park was busy. We had to adjust our strategy a bit as some coasters opened late or had breakdowns. We loved Goliath and Raging Bull. Whizzer was unique. Viper really is just like Coney Island Cyclone! We know CI Cyclone very well and at this point in my opinion Viper is superior.

We finished the park fairly quickly and got back to our family reunion by dinner so it was a great success. Thanks again for all your help.
depotrat

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 28th, 2016, 11:28 pm
No problem! About Viper, it's actually a mirrored layout to the Cyclone(with a few minor modifications of course)! Glad you had fun.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby cb0688 on August 23rd, 2016, 1:42 pm
Hey everyone!

My fiance and I will be flying in from Houston to visit family in Chicago and will be going to the park for the first time on Sunday Sept. 25th. I was just wondering what the crowds are usually like on Sundays (I believe it's the first weekend of Fright Fest)? There seems to be some kind of Coaster Challenge event that day as well. Do you think we should get a Platinum Flash Pass just in case?
cb0688

Postby stergmi on August 23rd, 2016, 6:23 pm
cb0688 wrote:Hey everyone!

My fiance and I will be flying in from Houston to visit family in Chicago and will be going to the park for the first time on Sunday Sept. 25th. I was just wondering what the crowds are usually like on Sundays (I believe it's the first weekend of Fright Fest)? There seems to be some kind of Coaster Challenge event that day as well. Do you think we should get a Platinum Flash Pass just in case?

Do not buy a FP in advance. That's the first Sunday of Fright Fest and last season for me the first Sunday everything was a walk on but Superman and Goliath.

Now the Bears are a Sunday night game on the road on the 25th so that might not keep people away. Just get there and play it by ear.
stergmi

Postby Viper 88 on August 24th, 2016, 10:42 am
Well we are going to be about 9 1/2 rides down: Sky Trek Tower, Roaring Rapids, Bucaneer Battle, Logger's Run, Yankee Clipper, Jester's Wild Ride, Orbit, and East River Crawler. I say 9 1/2 because the train operates from 2-8. That being said the overflow has got to go somewhere so it will most likely be going to the coasters. The only non coasters on the Fp system should be Rue Le Morgue (Rue Le Dodge bumper cars) and King Chaos (Avoid this thing it shakes like a leaf and doesn't look safe anymore) so realistically you may need one but you may be fine with gold. I would say that if going through the houses you may also need the express haunt because like I said again the people from the closed rides have to go somewhere. Eat between 3:30 and 4:30 thats when lunch ends for dining pass holders dinner then begins at 4:30. Remember no costumes!
Viper 88

Postby stergmi on August 24th, 2016, 10:59 am
Viper 88 wrote:Well we are going to be about 9 1/2 rides down: Sky Trek Tower, Roaring Rapids, Bucaneer Battle, Logger's Run, Yankee Clipper, Jester's Wild Ride, Orbit, and East River Crawler. I say 9 1/2 because the train operates from 2-8. That being said the overflow has got to go somewhere so it will most likely be going to the coasters. The only non coasters on the Fp system should be Rue Le Morgue (Rue Le Dodge bumper cars) and King Chaos (Avoid this thing it shakes like a leaf and doesn't look safe anymore) so realistically you may need one but you may be fine with gold. I would say that if going through the houses you may also need the express haunt because like I said again the people from the closed rides have to go somewhere. Eat between 3:30 and 4:30 thats when lunch ends for dining pass holders dinner then begins at 4:30. Remember no costumes!

ERC, Jester and Orbit are the only rides closed this year that were open in past FFs.
stergmi

Postby cb0688 on August 24th, 2016, 11:44 am
Thank you for the advice! We'll just play it by ear then regarding the FP and wait until we get there to see if we need one. Just wondering, but are there any rides that are only available on the Platinum? We won't be doing any of the houses, just going for the coasters and maybe a couple of the flats. :)

Very excited to check out the park! It's been on my list since I first got interested in coasters as a kid.
cb0688

Postby momlovescoasters on August 24th, 2016, 1:00 pm
Eagle is not available with either FP. We had the gold yesterday and were surprised that we could ride Goliath once. If you want to ride it more than once you need Platinum. Other Platinum only rides are:
Giant Drop
V2
Justice League

Yankee Clipper was closed yesterday, not sure if that is for the season. Eagle was only running one train.
momlovescoasters

Postby JaminOut on August 24th, 2016, 1:42 pm
Giant Drop and V2 are not platinum rides. With Platinum, you don't get the reride for the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby momlovescoasters on August 24th, 2016, 2:17 pm
Oh ok, thanks. I don't ride either one but that is what we were told at the flash pass desk.
momlovescoasters

Postby cb0688 on August 24th, 2016, 5:30 pm
I sent the park an e-mail asking if there are any rides that are only available on Platinum, and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for taking the time to write Six Flags Great America.

Goliath, Giant Drop, Vertical Velocity and Justice League: Battle for Metropolis are only available on The Flash Pass Platinum and can only be ridden once a day with The Flash Pass Platinum. All other rides on the list can be ridden using all three The Flash Pass levels. With The Flash Pass Platinum, all the other rides can be ridden 2 times in a row.
You will be provided complete instructions when you pick up the device.

Do not hesitate to send me a note if you have any questions.

Dale
Guest Relations Supervisor
Six Flags Great America"

Well that's a bummer. Looks like I'll just stick with Gold if we need to get one.
cb0688

Postby stergmi on August 25th, 2016, 6:50 am
JaminOut wrote:Giant Drop and V2 are not platinum rides. With Platinum, you don't get the reride for the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were added to Platinum this year.
stergmi

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum