Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby sfgamnthemoon on June 16th, 2022, 9:22 am
CoasterDemon wrote:^Thanks for the fast reply, wow!
What date was that? Do you know if it's open during the week? Totally worth a trip for it alone :mrgreen:
May 29! I’m pretty sure it’s open daily from 11 to 8 but you’ll have to check the time on the sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sfgamnthemoon

Postby wablada on June 19th, 2022, 10:43 pm
Things I have noticed;
1. Battle for Metropolis is no longer in 4D, which for me personally is a huge bummer. It should be at least an option.
2. Chubasco has now seatbelts, which I find a bit crazy.
3. Aquaman signage needs a better support rail, instead they used some recycled black light weight aluminum. Not only does it look ugly, but I wouldn't feel safe to stand below that sign. Look at it yourself when you are at the park next time.

Comparing to what I have been seeing at other Six Flags parks getting improvements, things repainted, redone, especially Fiesta Texas. Seems like our park is WAY behind to everyone else.
wablada

Postby sfgamnthemoon on June 20th, 2022, 8:22 am
DC Universe might be open - but they're still missing stuff to make it look like the animation we saw in March:

- Mardi Gras and DC Universe entrance - Covered bridge not painted and no DC Universe sign on both the bridge and the big one near The Joker
- The Flash: Vertical Velocity - The sign is just sitting there on the side, not on the entrance & they're missing those The Flash info plaques
- DC Super-Villains Swing - The superhero statue near the entrance isn't there like the one in Fiesta Texas, also small detail but the sign isn't as big as it is at Fiesta Texas either or on the animation
- Main plaza - Missing the shaded area near Aquaman Splashdown entrance/Steelworks Pub deck

That's just what I noticed from my visit on Saturday (June 18), but if theres any changes since then let me know !
sfgamnthemoon

Postby sfgamnthemoon on June 20th, 2022, 8:26 am
Also additionally, they're charging people at Hurricane Harbor $20 per seat by Hurricane Bay, so, just a heads up
sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 20th, 2022, 11:30 am
Does anyone know if you can still upgrade a single day ticket to a season pass??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby sfgamnthemoon on June 20th, 2022, 5:55 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Does anyone know if you can still upgrade a single day ticket to a season pass??
There are a bunch of signs in the park that says you can in guest services

sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 20th, 2022, 10:00 pm
sfgamnthemoon wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Does anyone know if you can still upgrade a single day ticket to a season pass??

Thanks! Any idea how much $$ ?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby sfgamnthemoon on June 22nd, 2022, 2:56 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
sfgamnthemoon wrote:

Thanks! Any idea how much $$ ?

I think it's the difference of the cost of the ticket and the season pass you're upgrading to
sfgamnthemoon

Postby sfgamnthemoon on June 22nd, 2022, 2:56 pm
Also it looks like the DC Universe entrance signage near the Mardi Gras entrance was erected this week, and V2 will keep its' original sign.
sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 23rd, 2022, 10:33 pm
We were at the park today. Several rides were not operating due to staffing: V2, Super Loop, Logger's Run and possibly more.

Others were not operating much of the day: Maxx Force

Plus we still have several SBNO rides: Sky Trek, Suckaneer Battle, Rapids

We have 4 water rides and only 1 is operating. Not good!

WHY are they still short staffed??

I went to Kings Island, KY Kingdom and Holiday World earlier this month. Pretty much ALL the rides were operating at those parks. Why does our park still have staffing issues??

Also, the gift shop at Justice League is completely empty. Are they going to do something with that space?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby wablada on June 24th, 2022, 6:21 am
I think the staffing issue is that SFGAm pays.... $13 an hour lol (Six Flags employee told me, rides dept.) even Mcdonalds pays $15. Who would want to work at Six Flags and drive to work with gas prices so high. I read somewhere that SFGAdv pays $20/h. Now if SFGAm did that, it wouldn't have any issues. Raise the ticket/pass prices by 1-2 dollars and give it to people.
wablada

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 24th, 2022, 9:17 am
wablada wrote:I think the staffing issue is that SFGAm pays.... $13 an hour lol (Six Flags employee told me, rides dept.) even Mcdonalds pays $15. Who would want to work at Six Flags and drive to work with gas prices so high. I read somewhere that SFGAdv pays $20/h. Now if SFGAm did that, it wouldn't have any issues. Raise the ticket/pass prices by 1-2 dollars and give it to people.

Yeah, you're probably right! Many of the food service people are foreign exchange students. They might not have other options so they are OK with slightly lower wages. But other parks utilize foreign students as well I believe.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on June 25th, 2022, 8:18 am
wablada wrote:I think the staffing issue is that SFGAm pays.... $13 an hour lol (Six Flags employee told me, rides dept.) even Mcdonalds pays $15. Who would want to work at Six Flags and drive to work with gas prices so high. I read somewhere that SFGAdv pays $20/h. Now if SFGAm did that, it wouldn't have any issues. Raise the ticket/pass prices by 1-2 dollars and give it to people.

As someone who worked for the park, rides is ridiculously easy work. I would do that agaun over burger flipping or running the register at a McD any day.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 25th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Goku1910 wrote:

As someone who worked for the park, rides is ridiculously easy work. I would do that agaun over burger flipping or running the register at a McD any day.

It looks to be super fun as well!! I want to to be a ride operator when I retire lol! Totally serious

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 27th, 2022, 9:31 pm
I noticed the following elements on 2 rides that seem to be new . Are these new or have I just never noticed them?

Dark Knight - after the first drop there's a billboard that lights up on the left side

Justice League - There's a sign that says "Lex Corp" and 2 desks that have office stuff on them. There also is a new smoke that's blown on the riders (might not be new but I don't remember it)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on June 27th, 2022, 9:36 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I noticed the following elements on 2 rides that seem to be new . Are these new or have I just never noticed them?

Dark Knight - after the first drop there's a billboard that lights up on the left side

Justice League - There's a sign that says "Lex Corp" and 2 desks that have office stuff on them. There also is a new smoke that's blown on the riders (might not be new but I don't remember it)

Those have been there.
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on June 28th, 2022, 12:10 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I noticed the following elements on 2 rides that seem to be new . Are these new or have I just never noticed them?

I did notice more effects working in Dark Knight. As far as Justice League, there is an area toward the middle of the ride (after the delivery truck animatronic to the fog screen you drive through). There’s a screen that I’ve never known to be on along with some (new?) lighting. I don’t remember specifics as it was a month ago.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 28th, 2022, 12:12 pm
I don't remember there being that many smokes blown in Justice League in the past. I believe one of them is new. I also thought there was a new screen toward the middle of the ride.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby ProfessorPiggos on June 29th, 2022, 12:23 pm
Does anyone have any info on what 2 rides might be going backwards?
ProfessorPiggos

Postby Jodon on July 2nd, 2022, 1:47 pm
I went to the park yesterday and was surprised that the park was relatively uncrowded particularly for the Friday of July 4th weekend. Was what I experienced par for the course or more of an anomaly? Are the higher prices for park attendance and parking making a significant impact on attendance or was yesterday less busy due to the uncertain weather?

One other random question. Why is the food truck (which was by X-Flight yesterday) featuring the food of Big Lou's, but the actual Big Lou's is closed?
Jodon

Postby coasterfanatic on July 3rd, 2022, 12:28 pm
What you expected in typically on par. July 4th Fest doesn’t typically draw massive crowds as there’s a lot of people that travel and do other things. Freight Fest is really the only time when they draw the massive 35,000-40,000 days.

I was at the park Saturday. Go there about 4. Stayed til close. They got a little into the back lot. A few notes:

-No water rides are open.
-Battle will not open this year and I assume it’s basically done at this point
-Rapids is not close and I assume will not reopen until 2023
-Aquaman is broke and may be done for the season.
-Loggers is not ready but they are working on getting it ready.
-Sky Trek is closed for the year…not sure why that didn’t open (but it’s not going anywhere)
-Revolution is still not open.
-Big Lou’s hasn’t opened and is not even listed on the “Dining” section of the app
-DC Universe sign is up. Looks cool. It’s massive.
-MaxxForce still one train
-Eagle red train still on storage track. No sign of red open opening.
-No sign of Bulls third train.
-Landscaping is still really bad.
-a new recording is now on the train. Sounds great and they even use some of the classic music

Staffing seems to be better. Didn’t visit water park but it appeared everything in water park was open this when I got views from some of the rides. Overall, it seems like some of the stuff Salim talked about in his conference calls, have yet to take effect at our park (like landscaping).

coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on July 3rd, 2022, 2:59 pm
Vitamin Water is now a snack option near the front of the park.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby sfgamnthemoon on July 8th, 2022, 8:31 pm
Does anyone know if they actually pulled through with their promise to add more shading? Like in DC Universe near Yankee Clipper's entrance? I haven't been in the park in a hot minute so
sfgamnthemoon

Postby Jodon on July 10th, 2022, 9:49 am
After the Six Flags app said Loggers Run would be closed for the season, Loggers Run was open with limited hours yesterday. raging Rapids also had a sign at the entrance saying "Coming Soon." Not sure if that sign had been up before and it was places in front of the sign that had been there all season so far.

Jodon

Postby sfgamnthemoon on July 10th, 2022, 11:54 am
Apparently there was a sign outside of Aquaman Splashdown that said “Please visit Loggers Run”

sfgamnthemoon

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum