Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby DejaVu2001 on March 24th, 2021, 8:42 am
https://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharborchicago

The new website for Hurricane Harbor Chicago is live now. Hurricane Harbor is now officially a separate park.
DejaVu2001

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 1st, 2021, 4:15 pm
https://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbo ... re/tickets

One-Day tickets for Hurricane Harbor Chicago are now on sale. Online prices are $24.99 or $29.99 depending on date. Regular price is $39.99, but of course this is 2021 and you can't buy tickets at the park, so that's a meaningless number.
DejaVu2001

Postby anewman35 on April 1st, 2021, 4:59 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:https://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharborchicago/store/tickets

One-Day tickets for Hurricane Harbor Chicago are now on sale. Online prices are $24.99 or $29.99 depending on date. Regular price is $39.99, but of course this is 2021 and you can't buy tickets at the park, so that's a meaningless number.

For years, I always felt the park screwed over the person who didn't have a season pass and just wanted to go to the water park, because they had to buy a normal park ticket for more than that AND then pay more. Glad that's finally fixed.
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on April 1st, 2021, 11:19 pm
Celebrate your birthday at Great America?

https://feedback.sixflags.com/advisoryp ... ?s=bday&e=%%email%%
811 Coasters in 31 States and 9 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2021, 12:47 pm
This seems interesting (although overpriced), especially since it's long been a thing that lots of other Six Flags parks have more interesting food options than us...

Spring is in the air and the thrills are back in action! All that screaming on the roller coasters is going to work up an appetite. The new Taste of Six Flags Food Festival will bring the best bites from around the Six Flags family of parks right to you in Hometown Square. With treats for all ages, this is an event you won’t want to miss!

The Taste of Six Flags Food Festival will occur the following operating weekends in May:

Saturday, May 8 & Sunday, May 9
Saturday, May 15 & Sunday, May 16
Saturday, May 22 & Sunday, May 23
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on April 15th, 2021, 3:04 am
I just attended a food festival at Sea World San Antonio & wasn't too amazed so let's see how Six Flags does lol.
gottastrata33

Postby adaml222 on April 20th, 2021, 8:54 pm
Something I noticed during Holiday in the Park that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that the park took down (or cut down) all Totem Poles in Yukon Territory. The most prominent ones were at the entrance to Yukon at Yankee Harbor. Likely they were removed because they are inappropriate and disrespectful to Native Americans, but I don't know that for certain.

adaml222

Postby CoasterNick3157 on April 20th, 2021, 9:35 pm
On a side note looks like Goliath at SFNE might be getting canned soon
CoasterNick3157

Postby gottastrata33 on April 22nd, 2021, 8:56 pm
Oh nooo the totem poles :/ Another piece of the original park, gone.

As for Goliath (SFNE), I've heard nothin but trouble about that ride sadly. Don't know what Silverwood did to "DéjàVu" that made it operate better but NE clearly didn't do that. Made it worse with the premier trains apparently. Harley Quinn at SFDK looks like she's on her way out too.
gottastrata33

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum