Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on July 26th, 2019, 11:54 am
It would be much faster if you keep running all the trains empty to "clean" out the puke train. Also, imagine if you were on one train, and the puke train interacted with you (the puke train could be above / to the right / to the left). You COULD get a splash of PUKE water on the train that you are on. Do you really want that?

A third reason is because you don't want the other trains with people on them waiting that long. Let's say I didn't run all the trains empty like you are saying. In your scenario, the puke train they would have to clean right away. I don't believe they do this. They get the people all off all trains, and than clean the puke train. They take awhile cleaning just that train. Maybe it takes 5 minutes, or 10 minutes. Sometimes, they even have to clean the exit areas of puke, so it even takes longer. If the person pukes right after the ride, than you follow the trail of puke that the people have to clean. Sometimes, it's not just the train. If you don't run them all empty, than you have those other 2 trains waiting on those trains for that long, and they are going to think the ride is broke down.

Superman was shut down yesterday, and I didn't see any activity / No mechanics (Weird).
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JT2002 on July 29th, 2019, 9:34 pm
It seems there is some work going on where the Hell Fest maze was. Whether they are fixing it up or taking it down, I don't know, but Fright Fest preparations are already underway
JT2002

Postby staticshadows on July 29th, 2019, 9:52 pm
JT2002 wrote:It seems there is some work going on where the Hell Fest maze was. Whether they are fixing it up or taking it down, I don't know, but Fright Fest preparations are already underway

Six Flags has “Art of Torture” and “Curse of Ra” trademarked for Fright Fest this year but I don’t know which parks they are for.
staticshadows

Postby JT2002 on July 30th, 2019, 8:10 pm
staticshadows wrote:
JT2002 wrote:It seems there is some work going on where the Hell Fest maze was. Whether they are fixing it up or taking it down, I don't know, but Fright Fest preparations are already underway

Six Flags has “Art of Torture” and “Curse of Ra” trademarked for Fright Fest this year but I don’t know which parks they are for.

Art of Torture might make sense if they lost the Hell Fest rights.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 30th, 2019, 8:21 pm
WiFi update

These are now located throughout the park. I’m sure it will be up and running soon.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby UnclePennybags on July 30th, 2019, 10:25 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:WiFi update
These are now located throughout the park. I’m sure it will be up and running soon.

Wow, now that's being observant. I didn't notice these last Wednesday.
UnclePennybags

Postby gottastrata33 on July 30th, 2019, 10:50 pm
I was Gonna say, I swore We were supposed to get WiFi... the WiFi at SFOG was so damn good.

Also speaking of that park - does anyone use the app for membership points? It worked so well at SFOG checking in to each ride but I cant Check into ANY coasters at our park. It always says I’m too far away whether I’m at the entrance, exit or station. There so many points I’m missing. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 30th, 2019, 11:36 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:WiFi update

Wow, now that's being observant. I didn't notice these last Wednesday.

I noticed the first one by mistake
Just happened to look up when we walked out of Flash Pass getting our skip the line passes. Then it was like a challenge to locate them throughout the park. LOL

B&MGuy35

Postby hgonzo on July 31st, 2019, 12:03 am
^I had the same problem trying to check in at rides the last time I was there.
hgonzo

Postby ChiefBeef234 on July 31st, 2019, 12:21 am
They are reusing the hell fest house, just dropping and changing the movie scenes (white mask room, hand hallway, doll room, and forest scene) every other room is mostly remaining the same. This was the plan since the begining of building the house. There was a chance that hell fest could have gotten a sequel this year and the house would have been updated for the sequel but the movie didn't do as well as hoped. Art of Torture is the current working name I believe.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby Viper 88 on July 31st, 2019, 1:08 am
So was gonna head out to Mardi Gras fest and found out it's cancelled. What gives??
Viper 88

Postby Sven18 on July 31st, 2019, 9:42 am
Did anyone else get the Dining Plan Development survey?

Questions on how to improve dining plan in general asked, Below some interesting tidbits on other things.

1)$5 more for pass to eat outside of lunch/dinner windows. Literally this should be a given like Cedar Fair, just a time gap required, not windows.

2) Premium drink bottle, that is dishwasher safe & insulated. Asks how much you would pay extra for it, if anything.

3)Ultimate Dining Pass: Ask for comments. How much youwould pay for it? How much you think it will cost?

Lunch, dinner, and a snack at Six Flags Great America every visit
Get a drink bottle for unlimited refills
Valid at every Six Flags theme park
Multiple restaurants to choose from
A wide selection of entrees, sides, and snacks
Flexibility to replace a meal with a snack
20% discount on retail purchases
Redeem your meals ANY TIME OF THE DAY no more dining hours This is the only real addition from Premium

There's an optional section on variety of dining plans, some have limited restaurants, entrees, free refills, paid refills, all parks, just SFGAM, etc... I hope to they don't offer anything as complicated as this. Imagine all the people trying to figure out which restaurants,entrees are for their plan .
Last edited by Sven18 on July 31st, 2019, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby Chirojon on July 31st, 2019, 10:00 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I was Gonna say, I swore We were supposed to get WiFi... the WiFi at SFOG was so damn good.

Also speaking of that park - does anyone use the app for membership points? It worked so well at SFOG checking in to each ride but I cant Check into ANY coasters at our park. It always says I’m too far away whether I’m at the entrance, exit or station. There so many points I’m missing. Lol

Just for clarification that I'm not doing anything wrong - Regular OG members or even gold members (which is the types I have with my kids respectively) can't do the point system, no? I see no option for this anywhere, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch or something.
Chirojon

Postby gottastrata33 on July 31st, 2019, 10:57 am
Chirojon wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I was Gonna say, I swore We were supposed to get WiFi... the WiFi at SFOG was so damn good.

Just for clarification that I'm not doing anything wrong - Regular OG members or even gold members (which is the types I have with my kids respectively) can't do the point system, no? I see no option for this anywhere, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch or something.

I am not sure. I have Diamond Elite. Again, it worked perfectly for me at OG. The only things it documents here are me coming to the park & purchasing things.
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on July 31st, 2019, 11:12 am
They’re putting in a refill station at the border of Carousel Plaza and Orleans Place. Should be open later today or tomorrow.

UnclePennybags

Postby ChiefBeef234 on July 31st, 2019, 11:45 am
UnclePennybags wrote:Image
They’re putting in a refill station at the border of Carousel Plaza and Orleans Place. Should be open later today or tomorrow.

I literally just said they should add one near the front when I was in the park yesterday. That's pretty awesome hope they continue to add more. I wouldn't mind more freestyles in some of the restaurants too.

ChiefBeef234

Postby coasterfanatic on July 31st, 2019, 12:16 pm
The check-in to gain points for members only works at the entrance sign. Once you get to far into the queue or into station it won’t work. Kind of stupid but you have to check in right as you enter the line.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on July 31st, 2019, 3:36 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:The check-in to gain points for members only works at the entrance sign. Once you get to far into the queue or into station it won’t work. Kind of stupid but you have to check in right as you enter the line.

Damn then it's just me. Cause I've tried that.
gottastrata33

Postby cliffhanger on July 31st, 2019, 4:19 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:They’re putting in a refill station at the border of Carousel Plaza and Orleans Place.

So how do these work? Is there a team member staffing it? Do they sell regular drinks too?
cliffhanger

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 31st, 2019, 8:15 pm
The park has all these monster energy drink machines all around. You people should read this to see all the ways this drink ruins your body:

https://www.completewellnessreport.com/ ... ick-trick/

You can also have this happen to you:
"One high-profile suit involved the case of Anais Fournier, a 14-year-old girl who drank two Monster Energy drinks within a 24-hour period. Fournier was found DEAD as a result of cardiac arrest, triggered by caffeine toxicity alleged the plaintiffs... and these cases were also SETTLED for undisclosed amounts." (as in Monster Energy doesn't want people to know how bad that drink is). That's why you settle. That's why they put warning labels on those drinks (including any other "energy" drinks), so if Susie dies from it, too bad. Susie should have read the label.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby ChiefBeef234 on July 31st, 2019, 8:35 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:The park has all these monster energy drink machines all around. You people should read this to see all the ways this drink ruins your body:

"One high-profile suit involved the case of Anais Fournier, a 14-year-old girl who drank two Monster Energy drinks within a 24-hour period. Fournier was found DEAD as a result of cardiac arrest, triggered by caffeine toxicity alleged the plaintiffs... and these cases were also SETTLED for undisclosed amounts." (as in Monster Energy doesn't want people to know how bad that drink is). That's why you settle. That's why they put warning labels on those drinks (including any other "energy" drinks), so if Susie dies from it, too bad. Susie should have read the label.
Yes they are bad, but like every drug people act differently to the effects. You can overtime build up a tolerance until your body practically ignores it. Drinking 2 in a day is normal for a lot of people, the kid that died might have had a pre-existing heart condition that was accelerated by the drink. Either way I don't recommend anyone drink them within short periods of time within each other. Also the park gave free monsters to the scare actors during fright fest a while back. It was called Monster for a Monster

ChiefBeef234

Postby UnclePennybags on July 31st, 2019, 8:41 pm
cliffhanger wrote:
UnclePennybags wrote:They’re putting in a refill station at the border of Carousel Plaza and Orleans Place.

So how do these work? Is there a team member staffing it? Do they sell regular drinks too?

I'd think they'd need a park employee sitting nearby, but right now it's just a refill station. The guys working on it said it'd be operational on Thursday, or possibly today (which didn't happen).
UnclePennybags

Postby staticshadows on August 1st, 2019, 2:37 pm
http://www.gurneelegionsofbeer.com/
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH, 2019
12:00 P.M.-4:00 P.M. (GENERAL ADMISSION)
Gather with fellow lovers of specialty craft brews for Gurnee’s Fifth Legions of Craft Beer Fest! More than 35 top-notch craft breweries will pour fan favorites and unique beers and ciders, along with wine and a specialty drink or two. NEW for 2019, enjoy a full-access park pass to Six Flags Great America! Ride roller coasters and sample amazing craft beer while supporting Lake County area veterans associations!

Try your luck with raffles sponsored by Gurnee American Legion Post 771, and let on-site and on-air interaction with 102.3 XLC DJs entertain you throughout the day.

ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE GURNEE AMERICAN LEGION POST 771 & LAKE COUNTY HONOR FLIGHT.
staticshadows

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 2nd, 2019, 10:29 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:The park has all these monster energy drink machines all around. You people should read this to see all the ways this drink ruins your body:

Thanks for posting this. I appreciate the information. I totally agree with you that these "energy" drinks are bad news. I also agree that too much caffeine is bad. I actually QUIT caffeine totally almost 13 years ago! Now, my overall energy level is higher and also more consistent. I don't have the caffeine "roller coaster" effect :)

I quit cold turkey and the withdrawals ended after 1 week. I had been a coffee drinker for 20 years.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2019, 6:56 pm
^Your welcome. I might not be a huge fan of soda, but I'm not against soda like I am energy drinks. Those things (energy drinks) to me are all poison (It doesn't matter what brand.).
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum