Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on January 22nd, 2020, 5:27 pm
Not much info.

Magic Waters is getting attraction renames and some events.

No update on new shopping or food places.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on January 22nd, 2020, 9:44 pm
Yep. Holiday in the Park is back!

New summer event last week of July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Sven18 on February 1st, 2020, 12:05 pm
Appeals panel revives class action over Six Flags receipts

https://cookcountyrecord.com/stories/52 ... fy-lawsuit

SF is being sued for the same thing in other states..Georgia & New Jersey. Might be other states I only did too, those popped up quickly on Google.

https://www.classaction.org/news/six-fl ... ceipt-info
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-set ... ate-court/

Godiva Chocolate had a similar suit and settled for 6.3M, the payouts are on hold b/c of appeal
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on February 14th, 2020, 3:56 pm
anewman35 wrote:
coasterkidd100 wrote:April 25th is the correct opening date according to the Six Flags web site.

Well, it makes sense the app and website would have the same date, they probably use the same database. The question is, is that the real date, and I would say it probably is, seems about right (but there have been years when they change the schedule pretty last minute and add a 'preview' day)

Like I said...

They've added a 'preview weekend', April 10th to 12th...
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on March 11th, 2020, 1:20 pm
Permit for Andre's/Taphouse remodel.

There was also a permit for the Tsunami Surge foundation, but it was closed out recently.
staticshadows

Postby JT2002 on June 16th, 2020, 6:45 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/Themepark/comments/h7oxpm/goliath_at_six_flags_great_america/fumola2/

Update on Eagle: "Eagle is being re-tracked in the helix and right after the helix this year and I think they’re done, they re-paint it every couple years. The ride is land locked right now is they tear it down they can’t build anything there because it’s too close to roads and the highway. The park renewed the lease for eagles trains for I think another 3 years."
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 16th, 2020, 7:15 pm
JT2002 wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/Themepark/comments/h7oxpm/goliath_at_six_flags_great_america/fumola2/

Update on Eagle: "Eagle is being re-tracked in the helix and right after the helix this year and I think they’re done, they re-paint it every couple years. The ride is land locked right now is they tear it down they can’t build anything there because it’s too close to roads and the highway. The park renewed the lease for eagles trains for I think another 3 years."
And on top of that all this nonsense that the park isn’t allowed to build anything in its spot. Can someone please show me the document that states this?

Please

I’m waiting and have been for years now.....

B&MGuy35

Postby anewman35 on June 17th, 2020, 9:46 pm
Here's what the actual law is:

c. The following setbacks are required for all structures and parking areas:
(1) 100 feet when abutting any residential district, which must be maintained in a
natural state. This buffer yard replaces any other buffer yard required by this
Ordinance. When groups of trees die in any buffer yard adjacent to residential
that result in the opening of views into the park, landscape material must be
installed to fill such gap, as mutually determined by the site user and Village
Administrator.
(2) 50 feet from Washington Street.
(3) 150 feet from Route 21 and I-94.
(4) 150 feet from Grand Avenue and Six Flags Parkway. Signs are permitted in
this setback when permitted by Article 13.

Looking at a map, the Eagle is good on the I-94 side and probably good on the Washington side (there's a tiny part that's close). I'm not exactly sure what Six Flags Parkway is, since I can't find a road by that name - if they mean the road that goes UNDER the Eagle, which Google calls Six Flags Dr, obviously that would be an issue, but I would suspect they could reroute that if needed.

So, long story short, I don't have any reason to expect the Eagle is going anywhere, but if it did I think they would be able to rebuild on the vast majority (if not all) of the land.
anewman35

Postby JT2002 on June 20th, 2020, 10:16 am
Northern Illinois food bank is doing another free drive in food pickup today until noon. I'm glad they're doing this, very helpful to many and the turnout last time was huge when I drove by.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby UnclePennybags on June 22nd, 2020, 7:26 pm
Just took a Six Flags survey about virtual queues:

https://feedback.sixflags.com/advisoryp ... virtual&e=%%email%%&utm_source=surveyemails&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:&utm_campaign=2020-06%20Virtual%20Queueing%20(Round%201)
UnclePennybags

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 24th, 2020, 4:41 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:Just took a Six Flags survey about virtual queues:

https://feedback.sixflags.com/advisoryp ... virtual&e=%%email%%&utm_source=surveyemails&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:&utm_campaign=2020-06%20Virtual%20Queueing%20(Round%201)

I enjoyed that survey. I have always wanted virtual queuing and am thrilled to hear they are considering it. It’s a huge undertaking, and I’m sure it won’t be perfect. Even in its worst form, virtual queuing for everyone *should* be better than standing in line.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby anewman35 on July 11th, 2020, 7:07 pm
Some interesting SFGAm facts from a RMC tour:

-They essentially confirmed the SFGAm rumor circulating about a supposed conversion that ultimately didn't happen, but did result in Goliath

-RMC ideally likes around 18 months to design, fabricate, and build a ride, but that rarely happens because the amusement industry never works that way. Their quickest development was Goliath - the park essentially announced the ride when it was literally a napkin sketch (honestly, this was the craziest thing we learned on the tour)

https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads ... st-1090155
anewman35

Postby UnclePennybags on July 12th, 2020, 7:09 am

Nice to see Deja Vu (Aftershock) was operating for their visit to Silverwood.
UnclePennybags

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 20th, 2020, 1:30 pm
Something is going on with Maxx Force
They are working on the launch and you can hear grinding and sawing of metalImage

B&MGuy35

Postby RandomDoof on July 20th, 2020, 2:01 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Something is going on with Maxx Force
They are working on the launch and you can hear grinding and sawing of metalImage

I remember a while ago Hank was at a village board meeting or something like that talking about the noise of the launch when the catch car hits the end. He said something along the lines on how they were gonna get some people to modify it and make it quieter. Maybe that could be it?
RandomDoof

Postby UnclePennybags on July 20th, 2020, 3:12 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Something is going on with Maxx Force
They are working on the launch and you can hear grinding and sawing of metal

They're installing a huge loop so they claim the world's tallest double non-inversion coaster. :)
UnclePennybags

Postby Coaster Justin on July 21st, 2020, 4:56 pm
I saw Batman the Ride and V2 Cycling today.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby UnclePennybags on July 23rd, 2020, 7:14 pm
UnclePennybags

Postby anewman35 on July 29th, 2020, 1:39 pm
The park finally went ahead and posted a 2020 map on the website. No Tsunami Surge as expected and not a lot of other differences I noticed, except for a number of food service locations (both in the main park and in HH) marked as 'Closed for 2020 Season'. So they've clearly already made some plans about how the main park is affected if/when it ever opens...
anewman35

Postby UnclePennybags on July 29th, 2020, 6:39 pm
anewman35 wrote:The park finally went ahead and posted a 2020 map on the website...

Good catch. They also updated the 2020 Dining Pass menu. Looks like it's just dining locations inside Hurricane Harbor and the dining places you pass on the long walk to the water.
UnclePennybags

Postby coasterfanatic on July 29th, 2020, 7:36 pm
Looks like they didn’t update it on the app yet. Still showing the non existent Pictor on!

coasterfanatic

Postby DejaVu2001 on July 29th, 2020, 7:59 pm
Interesting that they specify which dining locations will not open in 2020, but not which rides will not open in 2020
DejaVu2001

Postby MrsTaxi on July 29th, 2020, 9:02 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Interesting that they specify which dining locations will not open in 2020, but not which rides will not open in 2020

Oh? :shock:
MrsTaxi

Postby JT2002 on July 29th, 2020, 9:19 pm
On the 2020 pdf map on their website there are a lot more restaurants that are marked as being on the dining plan.

The stuff that's closed is Hurricane Jane's in Mardi Gras, Funnel Cake Express in Yankee, Claimjumper's Chicken and snomixer in Yukon, Totally Kickin Chicken and Demon Funnelcake (had some work done to building), the County Fair food court Taphouse (I would guess they mean the bar they added), and % o'clock Phil's in the waterpark. These are mostly all small stands that don't really have much room for a line so maybe their strategy is to focus staffing larger restaurants where they can have more capacity.

Most rides have tested so their only restrictions if they open would be staffing.
JT2002

Postby Carlo on July 30th, 2020, 8:35 pm
I wonder if they plan to open the park with no rides after labor day when HH closes for the season. I can see them doing a fall fest or Fright Fest.
Carlo
Carlo

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum