Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RaceBoarder on September 25th, 2020, 11:36 am
There is some news on the Membership front....

As a Diamond Elite member, SF is giving me the option of two additional Skip The Line passes and a "Golden Friend Ticket" to keep paying until March 2021. They are calling this "Diamond Elite V.I.P.".

The other option is that I pause my membership and don't pay again till March 2021.

At $20/month I feel that SF has gotten enough money for nothing. As it stands now, I am already looking at a fully paid Diamond Elite membership until Dec. 2021.
RaceBoarder

Postby coasterfanatic on September 25th, 2020, 12:42 pm
Yes. I got an email too. All members will have option to pause or keep paying and get upgraded to next level until end of 2022.

They will add free months to end of membership for number of months the park is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on October 11th, 2020, 1:29 pm
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it goes off the topic of season passes that was last discussed in this forum.

I currently do not have an active season pass or membership. I am interested in a season pass because I want to visit SFStL before their season ends, and then possibly visit SFOG, SFOT, and SFFT for HITP. Naturally, SFGAm is my home park. I know (at least in the past) you have to activate the pass at the park you buy it for. I emailed both SFGAm and SFStL about this. SFGAm replied and said the only issue is that I receive the benefits for the park I buy the season pass for. While not a dealbreaker, I would prefer to have the benefits at SFGAm. Since they are closed indefinitely, I obviously can’t make it into the park to activate it before I go to other parks. Is there a way to activate my pass virtually, or is it okay to activate my SFGAm season pass at SFStL?

Related, does anyone have experience with the mobile food ordering? I had grown tired of waiting in longer lines for food than the actual rides, so I was planning to skip the dining pass. I forgot they have installed the mobile food ordering though. Does anyone have a review on this from other parks? I would be interested in buying one if I could be in line for a ride while my food is being prepared.

Also related, any positive reviews on the picture pass as of late? I have not had one since they installed the kiosks. I am interested in one because I will finally be taking my sister on the bigger coasters for her first time.

Thanks for any information!
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby coasterfanatic on October 11th, 2020, 1:35 pm
You still may be able to process your pass at the park. I’m not a 100% sure but I’d imagine that Guest Relations outside the park MIGHT be open. You can call them or email them and ask how the process works if you were to buy a pass right now.

As for the other stuff. No idea. Mobile ordering is brand new but I wouldn’t expect it to be the saving grace of the obnoxious food lines. Knowing Six Flags, they likely didn’t implement it properly. And are unlikely to spend much unnecessary money in 2021 seeing as they lost a whole season!

coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on October 12th, 2020, 12:12 pm
Survey About Food... Kinda

https://feedback.sixflags.com/advisoryp ... ice2020&e=%%email%%&utm_source=surveyemails&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:&utm_campaign=2020-10%20Food%20Perception%20Study%20wave%204
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby UnclePennybags on October 16th, 2020, 5:47 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Also related, any positive reviews on the picture pass as of late? I have not had one since they installed the kiosks. I am interested in one because I will finally be taking my sister on the bigger coasters for her first time.

I had the Season Photo Pass for the 2016, 2018, and 2019 seasons. I loved it in 2016, but not so much in 2018 or 2019. For each season, Six Flags has put maskings associated with each ride around the photos. For example, for Raging Bull, the masking runs across the top and bottom thirds of the photo, with a picture of a bull in the upper righthand corner, the SFGAm logo in the upper left, and the Raging Bull logo at the lower right.

In 2016, you were able to remove the maskings before downloading the digital photos. However, in 2018 and 2019, the masking could only be removed by a photo kiosk employee before the photo was uploaded to your account. If you were lucky to get an 18 year old employee working the kiosk, there was a 3 in 4 chance that you could get them to remove the masking. If you were unlucky and a manager was working the kiosk, I could only get them to remove the masking 25% of the time.

What's wrong with these maskings? If I'm paying for a photo, I'm not happy with Six Flags covering 2/3 of the photo area with ad space. During Fright Fest in 2018, the Raging Bull photos were zoomed a bit, so the masking was covering everything except the faces of the people in my row. Useless.
UnclePennybags

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on October 17th, 2020, 10:21 am
^ thank you! Decided to not get one. Glad I did.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on November 25th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Look what finally showed up via satellite
Attachments
DACEFCD1-CA9C-4B7E-A267-DE9624157315.png
F0CD4D9F-BCD8-4EC1-B64D-0F2DBDF9BF43.png
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on November 25th, 2020, 5:25 pm
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on November 26th, 2020, 4:12 am
Wait - that's even more updated! Lol I swear, mine is very behind on google Earth. My previous pics are Apple Maps.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on January 22nd, 2021, 12:31 pm
The concrete permit for Tsunami Surge was reopened and a new permit was issued for a pole barn storage building.

staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on February 13th, 2021, 2:13 pm
No Coaster Con was today. Based on a few weeks about it, didn't see any news come out of it (just some jokes about removing the Whizzer?), but did anybody see it and gave any more info of anything that was discussed?
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on February 14th, 2021, 11:03 pm
Train might make a "Chug Back" in 2021
No rides are planning to be removed
There will be a bar next to Macho Nacho with 20 Beers on Tap including German
It's Implied V2 Will be painted
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby JackGlass on February 15th, 2021, 9:18 am
Coaster Justin wrote:Train might make a "Chug Back" in 2021
No rides are planning to be removed
There will be a bar next to Macho Nacho with 20 Beers on Tap including German
It's Implied V2 Will be painted

Thank God. V2 needed a paint job 10 years ago.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on February 17th, 2021, 3:46 am
No rides removed & V2 being painted?! Too good of news with everything going on. Wonder what colors they will choose if not the same. Anything news on Tsunami or changes to HH?
gottastrata33

Postby gottastrata33 on February 21st, 2021, 10:23 pm
Double post.

In the no coaster con video, they walk up to V2 with red & yellow paint. The Flash: Vertical Velocity?!
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on February 21st, 2021, 10:24 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Double post.

In the no coaster con video, they walk up to V2 with red & yellow paint. The Flash: Vertical Velocity?!

Awesome catch! That color scheme would look amazing on V2
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on February 22nd, 2021, 2:56 am
With Batman & Joker nearby, it just makes sense. But to be honest, they JUST re did the V2 sign so it's a little disappointing. Love that logo so much.

They also made it seem like Whirligig may get a crime wave theme. There are trolling nods to AE, whizzer, & Buccaneer battle. Which were all cleverly put in.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on February 25th, 2021, 1:57 am
So. Six Flags released the Q4 earnings call today, and I went to look and see if the 2020 Annual Report was released yet. It wasn’t so I clicked on 2019s report.

There’s a section about the planned new rides for 2020 and when it mentions Tsunami Surge, I noticed 2 things:

1. They referred to Hurricane Harbor as Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Gurnee. 2. It says that HH Gurnee will become a “separately gated water park”

So I guess that was part of 2020 plan? Wonder if that will still happen for 2021 and does this mean it counts as a separate park, or the chains 27th park?

coasterfanatic

Postby JackGlass on February 25th, 2021, 11:32 am
Wasn't Hurricane Harbor originally supposed to have its own gate?
JackGlass

Postby coasterfanatic on February 25th, 2021, 12:12 pm
I believe it was originally supposed to be built across the street.

coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on February 25th, 2021, 12:35 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:I believe it was originally supposed to be built across the street.

Across I94. The whole industrial park over there was six flags property. They had intended on building a huge resort back in the late 90’s and plans were abandoned when the tollway wouldn’t let them construct a walkway over 94. The water park would have been over there along with shopping and hotels and eventually other recreational stuff. They had said they intended it to be similar to Universal Orlando’s city wall area.

B&MGuy35

Postby anewman35 on February 26th, 2021, 9:31 pm
In the press release about the parks opening, they clearly consider Hurricane Harbor in Gurnee as part of Great America (as opposed to some of the already separate parks). So if they were planning on opening it as a separate gate, it doesn't seem like it's happening this year...

https://investors.sixflags.com/news-and ... -120028769
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on February 26th, 2021, 9:44 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:I believe it was originally supposed to be built across the street.

Across I94. The whole industrial park over there was six flags property. They had intended on building a huge resort back in the late 90’s and plans were abandoned when the tollway wouldn’t let them construct a walkway over 94. The water park would have been over there along with shopping and hotels and eventually other recreational stuff. They had said they intended it to be similar to Universal Orlando’s city wall area.

If you search for Six Flags Entertainment Village you can find a few articles about it from the time. What I can't find is anything explicitly stating why it fell apart. I don't know it was quite as simple as just the tollway issue though, as there's also references around to a bus or tram connecting them, which could have been done just on Washington Street. At the same time this was happening, Six Flags was going from Time Warner to Premier Parks, and I always assumed that had a lot to do with it too (but, again, would love to see an an actual article about what fizzled)
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on March 23rd, 2021, 2:47 am
Is this entrance structure goin where it's been? Just an actual/nicely done one?
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum