Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on June 21st, 2019, 8:30 pm
Nobody cares what Hank thinks about it, that's why the Gurnee is letting Great Wolf Lodge do it anyway.

It's not really Gurnee's decision to fill particular empty buildings or to bring in specific chains. It's all private property. The most they can do is try to encourage or discourage certain things, but they can't just decide what will go where.
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 21st, 2019, 8:55 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:For the town of Gurnee, they should put something in the Krispy Kreme already? How long has that property been vacant? 8 years maybe?? Everything else seems to survive, so why can't they fill that spot? I don't get it?? I would say the Gurnee area really needs a pizza restaurant (other than Chuck E Cheeses which is for kids). They had an Uno's, and that went out of business because the whole corporation tanked for the most part. They had a full scale Pizza Hut, and they might have moved to a smaller location that I wouldn't eat at that place because it's not a restaurant. So, I don't really care about a small Pizza Hut. What about a Giordianos / Lou Malanatti's restaurant? They are lacking in the pizza department!

The Krispy Kreme building is owned by Chuck E Cheese because they need the extra parking spaces when they are open. A family owned breakfast/lunch restaurant was already approved by the village and will not be open during peak Chuck E Cheese hours.

The Uno’s building is owned by a foreign investor and will probably be vacant for awhile.

Gurnee has more than enough pizza places, many of them are not chain restaurants. Giordano’s is in Gurnee Town Center, Lou Malnati’s is on Rt. 45 in the Village of Third Lake.

I never go that far. I go as far as Wendy's. It's nice to know that at least they have a Giordano's.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JT2002 on June 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am
^lol, lacking in the pizza department?? You have Kaiser's (probably the best), Saluto's (very good as well, a little pricey though), Bill's Pub, Giordano's, Fatman's, Chicago Woodfire Pizza Co. (they're ok I guess), and Mama K's (that stuff sucks).
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 22nd, 2019, 11:00 am
^ There's Mod Pizza too! Yum..
SFGAM_Hog

Postby hgonzo on June 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am
There's also Rosati's right across the street from the park.
hgonzo

Postby IssaCoaster on June 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am
You have Rosati's too, but that's on 45 near Lindenhurst. And a little expensive.
Edit: there is one near the park too
IssaCoaster

Postby UnclePennybags on June 22nd, 2019, 3:49 pm
You guys are making me hungry.
UnclePennybags

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 22nd, 2019, 4:34 pm
JT2002 wrote:^lol, lacking in the pizza department?? You have Kaiser's (probably the best), Saluto's (very good as well, a little pricey though), Bill's Pub, Giordano's, Fatman's, Chicago Woodfire Pizza Co. (they're ok I guess), and Mama K's (that stuff sucks).

Honestly, I've never heard of any of these except Giordano's. I know more of stuff like Gino's East, Unos (is gone), Garibaldi's, Suparossa, Edwardo's, Colutta's, Nancy's, Little Caesars, Domino's, Sbarros, Pizza Hut (which got smaller), Connie's, Cici's Pizza, and Lou Malanatti's. "Arcade pizza" is Enchanted Castle. Speedway carries pizza at some stations also, but not all of them.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JT2002 on June 22nd, 2019, 9:20 pm
Honestly, I've never heard of any of these except Giordano's. I know more of stuff like Gino's East, Unos (is gone), Garibaldi's, Suparossa, Edwardo's, Colutta's, Nancy's, Little Caesars, Domino's, Sbarros, Pizza Hut (which got smaller), Connie's, Cici's Pizza, and Lou Malanatti's. "Arcade pizza" is Enchanted Castle. Speedway carries pizza at some stations also, but not all of them.

I was talking about only Gurnee places (not all chains necessarily), but Nancy's is incredible.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby ernstwhere on June 23rd, 2019, 3:12 pm
[quote="staticshadows"]Interesting article.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190620/great-wolf-lodge-in-gurnee-to-offer-water-park-only-passes-rankling-great-america-exec
[quote]
Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee to offer water park-only passes, rankling Great America exec

Starting Friday, you won't have to be a hotel guest to swim and splash at Great Wolf Lodge's large indoor water park in Gurnee.

Thanks for posting this. Great news! What a relief GWL will be in the middle of winter.
ernstwhere

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 23rd, 2019, 9:31 pm
^ You had me at Giordanos!! As far as all those other restaurants, Nancy's is great too! I
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on June 24th, 2019, 1:28 am
All this pizza talk & no one has mentioned the best deep dish in Chicago, Pequods.

Also isn’t there some beef between GWL & SFGAm right now over this?
gottastrata33

Postby gottastrata33 on June 25th, 2019, 1:42 am
I know this is a double post but it’s a different topic. Anyone else get the survey for a six flags hotel possibly coming here?

The survey starts with asking what cities you’ve been to in the last few years. One of those I selected was Dallas. So the entire survey asked what I did In Dallas, where I stayed & if I visited SFOT. Then it all was about a Six Flags hotel coming to over Texas. Then it asked me the exact same questions about Chicago & SFGAm.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on June 25th, 2019, 4:27 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I know this is a double post but it’s a different topic. Anyone else get the survey for a six flags hotel possibly coming here?

The survey starts with asking what cities you’ve been to in the last few years. One of those I selected was Dallas. So the entire survey asked what I did In Dallas, where I stayed & if I visited SFOT. Then it all was about a Six Flags hotel coming to over Texas. Then it asked me the exact same questions about Chicago & SFGAm.

Great Adventure desperately needs an on site Hotel!
JackGlass

Postby cliffhanger on June 25th, 2019, 8:25 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Anyone else get the survey...

How do you sign up for surveys?
cliffhanger

Postby Sven18 on June 25th, 2019, 9:06 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I know this is a double post but it’s a different topic. Anyone else get the survey for a six flags hotel possibly coming here?

SF was asked in one of their investor presentations in the last month about hotels. Their response was essentially thatwe are good at running theme parks and were going to do what were good at.. Then they went into an explanation of how part of the problem with SF in 1990's & 2000's besides overspending was they tried to get into too many things. SF spokesman completely shot down the idea of hotels/resorts. SF & CF get asked often about what they are doing. CF was recently asked about the possibility of adding memberships at an investor presentation and foreign license deals at another one.
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 25th, 2019, 9:44 am

YES. I got the same survey. I had been to OK (and Frontier City prior to Six Flags buying it) so all the questions focused on a hotel near Frontier City, and about a hotel in Chicago.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 25th, 2019, 10:57 am
Can somebody post a link to this survey? Somebody usually does so please do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 25th, 2019, 11:21 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Can somebody post a link to this survey? Somebody usually does so please do it

Mine came in an email and I already deleted it. Sorry.

I received my first survey invitation via email, and I signed up for it. I probably got the first one since I'm a season passholder and I registered in the portal.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on June 25th, 2019, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterlove on June 25th, 2019, 11:41 am
I usually get these surveys about future planning and ideas, etc but I didn't receive this one as of a few minutes ago. Bummer.

It would be nice to see SFGAm get a hotel/resort somewhere on site or close by. Of course I'm a dreamer and I always have this impossible hope in my mind that could buy out houses and other property next to the park for expansion. I always think that SFGAm is a big enough park and the Chicago area along with Milwaukee not too much further is always a big enough draw that they could have a hotel and people could stay a night or two even visiting the park and the local area of Gurnee.

I know someone asked about how do we get these surveys. I'm not sure if this alone is the reason but many years ago, I was in line for Whizzer and an employee was taking surveys in person. I definitely took part and gave my info, especially e-mail. It seems ever since then, about every 6 months or so, I get a new a new survey sent to me. I love taking them because it feels like a little insight into the park, the chain and the direction they might be considering taking. I've also been a passholder for probably at least 11 or 12 years of the last 20 off and on.

Considering too that from what I've read on here and also Screamscape that it does seem to be partly focused on Dallas and SFOT that I didn't get this survey. SFOT was actually the last park I used my season pass at a couple months ago.
coasterlove

Postby JackGlass on June 25th, 2019, 12:20 pm
This is the one from Screamscape!
Attachments
2019_0624_SFHotelSurvey1.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 25th, 2019, 4:38 pm
Ilovthevu'

Postby UnclePennybags on June 25th, 2019, 8:48 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Can somebody post a link to this survey? Somebody usually does so please do it

This survey is asking questions about hotels close to parks. Let me know if this link works for you...

https://feedback.sixflags.com/advisoryp ... l2019&cid=%%cid%%&e=&utm_source=surveyemails&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:&utm_campaign=2019-06%20Hotel%20Survey%20wave%205
UnclePennybags

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 25th, 2019, 9:54 pm
Guys I thought this was cute and weird at the same time. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this and if it’s been posted I apologize.

This is a photo of the screen in the flash pass building today. Noticed it when we were picking up our skip the line passes today. Never noticed it before.

B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on June 25th, 2019, 10:22 pm
That's awesome! Wish it was still here
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum