Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterrider2 on February 5th, 2016, 9:51 pm
Six Flags is removing third party food vendors from the park. That's why Panda Express is gone. Not getting Chick-fil-a. SF's poultry provider is Tyson, not unknown.
coasterrider2

Postby great america fan on February 5th, 2016, 10:13 pm
coasterrider2 wrote:Six Flags is removing third party food vendors from the park. That's why Panda Express is gone. Not getting Chick-fil-a. SF's poultry provider is Tyson, not unknown.

Hope that Six Flags keeps there deal with cold stone it's actually one of the better places in terms of service.
great america fan

Postby coasterrider2 on February 5th, 2016, 10:48 pm
great america fan wrote:
coasterrider2 wrote:Six Flags is removing third party food vendors from the park. That's why Panda Express is gone. Not getting Chick-fil-a. SF's poultry provider is Tyson, not unknown.

Hope that Six Flags keeps there deal with cold stone it's actually one of the better places in terms of service.

Panda express was operated by Panda Express. Cold stone is operated by Six Flags. All they use is the name and ice cream.
coasterrider2

Postby Jacklw6499 on February 7th, 2016, 1:37 pm
I heard a rumor that is most likely false, but I just wanted to share. As many of you may know, RMC redesigned their custom trains and redid the seatbelt / lap bar system. The new Lighting Rod (@ Dollywood), trains will have ratcheting strap seat belts and the lap bars won't actually come down until the seat belt is locked in place. This will fix a lot of the loading issues and will greatly increase riders per hour on that ride. I heard from a guy that RMC may also be doing this to some of their other coasters that they have already manufactured. However, I feel like this is false due to Six Flags's previous track record with this kind of stuff, they don't really care! I do believe that if they did decide to change and implement this system onto the Goliath trains, it would stop the issue of people pulling down their lap bars before fastening their seat belts, which would greatly increase riders per hour on Goliath. We have seen RMC re-customize some of their trains before, (i.e.: Outlaw Run with the newer shin guards). What do you guys think about this idea? I'm all for it, but the likeliness of this happening seems pretty slim. It is a rumor after all! :lol:
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 7th, 2016, 2:49 pm
^ that would be great for riders per hour but I don't see it happening. If it does though I would be really happy!
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on February 10th, 2016, 1:39 pm
Well SFMM's new attraction is basically new trains, and a repaint. So I've learned that Flags is more considerate than many believe them to be.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 10th, 2016, 10:05 pm
On the SF App, it has a new restaurant called the Treasure Chest. It'll have Mai Tais, Nachos, and beer. Based off of the options, I assume it'll be in Southwest Territory. Also, it says nothing on Wizzer Pretzels(or a replacement) or Aunt Martha's and Oasis' rennovations.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on February 10th, 2016, 11:23 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:On the SF App, it has a new restaurant called the Treasure Chest. It'll have Mai Tais, Nachos, and beer. Based off of the options, I assume it'll be in Southwest Territory. Also, it says nothing on Wizzer Pretzels(or a replacement) or Aunt Martha's and Oasis' rennovations.

Treasure Chest is a snack stand near Skull Island in Hurricane Harbor.

Moving On.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby great america fan on February 11th, 2016, 7:02 pm
The oasis remodel is probably going to be a justice redo of the thing.
Last edited by great america fan on February 11th, 2016, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
great america fan

Postby coasterrider2 on February 11th, 2016, 7:17 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:I heard a rumor that is most likely false, but I just wanted to share. As many of you may know, RMC redesigned their custom trains and redid the seatbelt / lap bar system. The new Lighting Rod (@ Dollywood), trains will have ratcheting strap seat belts and the lap bars won't actually come down until the seat belt is locked in place. This will fix a lot of the loading issues and will greatly increase riders per hour on that ride. I heard from a guy that RMC may also be doing this to some of their other coasters that they have already manufactured. However, I feel like this is false due to Six Flags's previous track record with this kind of stuff, they don't really care! I do believe that if they did decide to change and implement this system onto the Goliath trains, it would stop the issue of people pulling down their lap bars before fastening their seat belts, which would greatly increase riders per hour on Goliath. We have seen RMC re-customize some of their trains before, (i.e.: Outlaw Run with the newer shin guards). What do you guys think about this idea? I'm all for it, but the likeliness of this happening seems pretty slim. It is a rumor after all! :lol:

The retractable seat belts would really be the only thing that would help improve capacity with the current operations procedures at that ride. Only difference would be buckling/unbuckling would be a little quicker and there would be fewer twisted seatbelts. The lap bars currently don't lock until all four seatbelts in a car have been checked anyway. Most of Goliath's capacity issues stem from the way restraints are checked. So while these changes would theoretically improve capacity, in reality it wouldn't make much of a difference.
coasterrider2

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 13th, 2016, 6:49 pm
Hey, is anyone doing this year's Devil Dash? I'm planning on running it.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 13th, 2016, 7:02 pm
^ my friends and I are interested in the black light run
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby anewman35 on February 17th, 2016, 7:29 pm
It's not a "park update" per se, but Google Maps now has an image of the park from last Summer (it has Hometown Park, but still has the SWA). I'm pretty sure that's a recent update.
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on February 18th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby CoasterCale on February 19th, 2016, 2:13 pm
Both of those runs are during the parks closure. Right?

CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 19th, 2016, 3:20 pm
^Devil Dash happens before the park opens. Race starts at 8, and should end around 10. Black Light Run and Color Vibe Run will take place when the park isn't even open(Color Vibe before the park opens for the season, Black Light on a Friday). Both are essentially the same, but Color Vibe is in the day, Blacklight is at night.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 22nd, 2016, 5:36 pm
So I just presented a newsletter to SF officials including Hank Salemi, David from Goliath Insider, and most of Marketing leaders.

Edit: I'm not meaning to be boastful. I'm just very excited. Hank Salemi even complimented my shirt! Ok, I'll stop now.

Last edited by Guy_With_A_Stick on February 23rd, 2016, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on February 22nd, 2016, 6:50 pm
What did it say? How did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 22nd, 2016, 8:20 pm
^All of it was mainly information from a newsletter from last year. It went really well!

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on February 23rd, 2016, 7:25 am
That's good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterCale on February 23rd, 2016, 2:21 pm
So you're trying to unofficially officially be apart of Public Relations?

CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 23rd, 2016, 3:19 pm
^Not really, our school partnered with SF for this year, and they wanted us to help redo the newsletter to get more employees to read it. I should've said "Me and my group." Sorry, all of this is very exciting. :P

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on February 25th, 2016, 2:04 pm
Oh. Okay. I wish an amusement park would work with my school.

CoasterCale

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 25th, 2016, 9:30 pm
One time I sent Hank Salemi a letter and he wrote back within 2 weeks. I was one happy kid.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on February 26th, 2016, 2:14 pm
He still has a picture of me and my friends with Jim Reid-Anderson taken near SWA. We didn't realize it was his phone until we walked away.

CoasterCale

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum